Phones
    Blackberry Storm
    Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)
    Nokia 6015i (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Can't log into BIS site

This is not a huge issue but I can't log into BIS site.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

So when I first got my storm, I set up my email through the phone itself. This is my first time using the BIS site. I navigate to forget password and entered my BB pin. I received a text saying my username and password doesn't exist. When I tried to create an account, it says pin in use.

Another question I have is what version of BIS is Verizon using. I know there's an issue with reading emails from pushed Gmail mails that it doesn't sync with the Gmail servers.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...%200%203798714

However, according to the BIS 2.2 features, the Gmail bug has been fixed.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/micro...200%2025318932

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

If you setup BIS through the device, then you won't be able to access the BIS site from anywhere else.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Iphone 4s
    Carrier
    Verizon-There is no other.
    Feedback Score
    You can just call Verizon and tell them you can't login to BIS. They'll reset it so you can login. They did for me eventhough i set it up on the Storm.
    PSN username=CYBORG_SMURF
    Google Talk: matrix.underworld

Phones
    VZW Galaxy SIII
    Samsung Galaxy SIII (VZW)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    went thru the same issue moments ago.

go into the email setup app on your phone, hit the bb menu button, select "create username" fill that out and then use that info to log into the BIS site via the website.

Phones
    Storm
    Voyager
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is no need to call Verizon to fix this.

In the email setup program on the phone, simply choose the menu option to set a username. You will be prompted to create a username and a password. This will automatically change your BIS account from a PIN-only type to a username/password type. Once you have changed the account type on your phone, you will be able to log into your BIS account on the web using the username/password that you setup on your phone.

Only if this procedure does not work would you ever need to call tech support.
    Custom Storm Home Page - Home and HoFo
    stormcloud text and html encryption - Home and HoFo
    Storm OEM Sample Pictures - Home
    Custom Voyager Home Page - Home and HoFo

Phones
    BB Storm
    BB 8130
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i found out the hard way that forever reason the BIS site doesn't work on safari so make sure your on windoze...

Phone
    Sammy Rogue..
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    is it easier to go the the BB sire and set up the account?..can a pin be used there?

Phones
    Storm
    Voyager
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fastharry
    is it easier to go the the BB sire and set up the account?..can a pin be used there?
    If you create your account on the website, you will automatically have a username/password type account. It is exactly the same as creating your account on the phone using the username/password option. If you start on the website you will have to manually enter your pin to create the account; you do not have to do that when you create your account on the phone. That's pretty much the only difference.

The "easiest" way to create an account is using the pin-only type account on the phone. This is the "default" account type if you use the phone, and this type of account doesn't require a username or password. However, if you have this type of account, you cannot also use the website. If you create this kind of account and want to use the website, you need to switch to a username/password account using the method I posted earlier.

Phone
    Sammy Rogue..
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    thank you....

Phones
    Storm
    Voyager
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fastharry
    thank you....
    You're welcome.

For what its worth, I personally prefer to setup and manage my BIS settings on the website because I find it somewhat easier to type things like filters and signatures using my normal computer keyboard. Although you can do all the same things from your phone, its just not as fast.