Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Viaero Wireless: Colo, Neb

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Viaero Wireless: Colo, Neb

I found this interesting little carrier that has some things going for it.
    http://viaero.com

Here's a (somewhat dated) coverage map:
    http://www.dp-electronics.com/Local_...l_Combined.pdf

They have a MyGroup feature that gives you anywhere from 15-25 free numbers. It is a GSM carrier with a decent selection of Sony-Ericsson handsets. If you are still in-contract with another carrier and switch to them, Viaero says they will reimburse you for the ETF.

As we all know, things that look good on paper do not necessarily translate to the way it works in practice. Anyone have any experience with them?

Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I've roamed on them a few times. Voice quality was good. Coverage on i80 was solid. No complaints here.

Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Their coverage is second-to-none in the areas they serve. They are aggressively expanding, and acquiring other small carriers and additional spectrum. The company has its own tower construction crew, so it takes them all of a week on a bad day, usually a day or two on good days to erect a new site. They are currently updating their coverage map, and the one at the top of the post is a really old map. About a year ago, I called with some questions about expansion into new markets, and none other than Frank DiRico contacted me back to speak about it. Mr. DiRico is the president / owner of the company.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for that info. What sort of ambitions do you think that Viaero may have in the places in which Alltel currently has infrastructure and may be asked to divest?

Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I don't really think they'll do much in Nebraska. The only network in Nebraska that Verizon is divesting is some PCS spectrum that basically covers Fremont. I'm sure Verizon will want more for that spectrum and minimal infrastructure than Viaero would have to pay to just throw up a tower in the city with the spectrum it already owns. (They are already in the permitting process for their own Fremont site anyways). However, in Colorado and beyond it may be a different story. All of the Alltel markets in Colorado are up for grabs, as well as all of South Dakota, some of Wyoming, and some of Kansas. I could certainly see them trying to pick up any of these markets. Basically anything Red or Blue below (not the Orange Nebraska market though).

It really depends on what the larger carriers want, because Viaero won't play games with pricing I don't anticipate.

Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    If you want an idea of the guy running the show, read this:
    http://www.capebusiness.net/article/...f1ba359e95d442
    That'll give you an idea of his 'spirit'.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is this some kind of femtocell deal?

http://viaero.com/basic-universal-se...sidential.aspx

Looking at the handsets, they have some UMA phones in their lineup, so this is either wireless landline deal similar to T-Mobile @Home or it is a UMA offering. I'm trying to find out what this device is pictured in the above link and whether it has SIM cards installed.

I'm having trouble finding out what model this device is; the one that SE has advertised looks quite different from this.

Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    That is actually none of the above. Its a fixed location cellular terminal. Viaero comes out and mounts this in place of you local Telco's box, and it provides home phone service over the existing copper lines in you home. It's a replacement for your wireline service. Your cell phones do not interact with it in any way, and the antenna on it is for reception, not transmission. It's basically for those who want to either have all their services on one bill, or who live in too remote an area for the local Telco to run a line to their home (which is not uncommon in some of the areas they serve).

Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Here's the most recent map they had published:

http://www.corolada.com/ViaeroCoverage.pdf

Phones
    Motorola Hint
    EC168 Datacard
    Carrier
    Alltel/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have their data plan. I've heard they may be doing an upgrade soon, but not sure when. Are they more reliable than Alltel in their area?

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Viaero has re-done its website and I'm not crazy about the new layout.

http://www.viaero.com/plans/traditional

Now you have to open each one separately and even when you do, it doesn’t say how much overages are or what LD or roaming charges would for the local plans.

And there are just TOO MANY plans.

The $150 unlimited Nationwide Shared plan is no longer shown, but according to store reps it still is. It is a bit confusing, because when they quote the price, they say it's $100 because the $50 2nd line is not included according to them.

Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The coverage map took a step backwards, too. The resolution is poorer, and it does not differentiate between native coverage and T-Mobile coverage that is considered local. I want to know where their network is, not a random assortment of networks. I know that is standard practice with most carriers, but up to this point, it hasn't been for them.

Phone
    Samsung t409, Samsung Gravity TXT, and Nokia Lumia 710
    Carrier
    T-Mobile GSM/3G/4G/UMA (voice/text/data)
    Feedback Score
    I agree with the recent ''upgrade'' comments - step backwards. Especially their service map.

Although I do have to say that their network in eastern Colorado is good!
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Looks like they brought back the ETF reimbursement program:
    http://www.viaero.com/deals/contractbuyout/

The customer has to be 2 months in good standing before the ETF reimbursement is offered and Viaero only offers 2-year post paid contracts. Clever idea.

Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The proper coverage map that Viaero has used in the past is back and updated, showing only Native network:

http://www.viaero.com/Media/document...verage_map.pdf

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast