Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Viaero Wireless: Colo, Neb

Feedback Score

Internet

Ranchguy,

I feel your pain the internet service is just way to slow with viaero. I have had positive experiences with their coverage though. As far as your friend says that the upgrade has been delayed. I couldn't see why. The selected this new signaling company back in June of last year. Rumors have been flying about this upgrade would happen by the first quarter of 2011 so I guess we have to keep our fingers crossed. Every other company is switching to 4G. Granted that they are much larger. But they would need to keep up with competition or I could see some people leaving to Verizon or other companies.

Feedback Score

Viaero and the subject of the Data

To whom it may concern,

I know this has come around a lot lately about about the subject of Vaiero's data upgrades. I would like to express my opinion and see what others think on this matter. I have been impatiently waiting for their upgrade to 3G wireless internet speeds. I have heard a lot of good news but now some others on the forum and other people around town have said that the update has been delayed. I sure hope this isn't the case as I believe it is time for them to upgrade the network. They have been running on the EDGE network since 2004-2005 and I think that as others networks advance so should they. Lets be clear on this matter there is no such thing as 4G internet as Verizon, ATT, Sprint, and T-mobile would have you believe. They have just upgraded their networks to run around 20 mps which is not even close to the 100 mps 4G definition. But back to Viaero, I think they owe it to us as customers who rely on data with our Iphones or computers to make this upgrade to 3G. And comparing data plans between Verizon and Viaero, Verizon beats Viaero by ten bucks and includes their 3G network. If Viaero is to continue on the EDGE network for another year they should lower the smart phone plan by 10-20$ To make prices and what your actually getting a little more fairer. So some may be asking why I am staying with Vaiero. Well the reason is simple they offer very good customer support and I have had excellent cellular service here in Northeastern Colorado. Which Verizon could do neither, at least for me. But please let Viaero be heard on this matter, as the emerge as becoming a bigger third party cellular service, let them not forget to continue to develop their network. I know they are committed to, and state they will. But if I am bound to the EDGE network for another year while technology around us keeps advancing, and Verizon gets the iphone I may end up moving on to something bigger and better.

With all due respect,

Carrier
    Viaero
    Feedback Score
    Word is Viaero has been bought by AT&T.

They have a new tower at the Fort Morgan Store, from the looks of it it looks like a AT&T GSM antenna/tower.

Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steevo69 View Post

They have a new tower at the Fort Morgan Store, from the looks of it it looks like a AT&T GSM antenna/tower.
    What's your source? GSM equipment is GSM equipment, so it'd be hard to tell by looking at a tower.

Carrier
    Viaero
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to have to go with false on this.

As far as 3g goes here's the replies from the Viaero facebook page.....

We've been working on making sure our 3G network is totally bug-free before we deploy it. Management is saying we should have it by the spring; once our 3G is in place, I'll issue an announcement on Facebook and Twitter. I hope that answers your question, and thank you for your patience!

and

Like a lot of our customers, it sounds like you're excited to get on the Viaero 3G network. Fortunately, it looks like we're on the way to deployment- we just have a lot of R&D to go through before we can deploy a totally bug-free network. As I mentioned to some other posters, once we have our network in place (probably in about two months or so) I'll make a general release announcement on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks so much for your patience- we really value your feedback

Phones
    iPhone 3GS 16GB White
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Carrier
    Viaero
    Feedback Score

You're a Funny guy....

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Steevo69

Nebraska is a big hole in the middle of at&t's new/projected 3G coverage map. I wouldn't be surprised.

Carrier
    Viaero
    Feedback Score
    I think it is funny that the rumor that AT&T purchased Viaero has been around for years. It still isn't true. The owner, yes one man, likes his control to much to sell out. The upgrade that they are doing is to 3.5G just like T-Mobile, but since they are calling it 4G so will Viaero. Also the speeds of the new Verizon 4G are still slower, approx 6MB. I know the definition of 4G is supposed to be 100MB but I have yet to see anyone claiming 4G to acutually have it.

Feedback Score

3.5g

RangerMaverix,

Since you said they are making the upgrade like t-mobile, does that mean they have the same unique 3G system as t-mobile. I have been curious if the Viaero update will work with my iphone 4. I know that people who use iphones on t-mobile cannot get the 3G service because it is not compatible. I have no information as to what the upgrade will run on a unique system like t-mobile has or like ATT. I mean t-mobile is the only one of their kind. And i roam a lot on ATT towers so i question as to weather the 4G update will be similar to ATT network. But time will tell. Because i could not imagine dropping my iphone 4 for a android smartphone

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Hey Guys

I have a couple of question I would like answered about Viaero if you don't mind. I am thinking of switching from Sprint.

I live in Kearney, NE (Central Nebraska)

I would like to buy an unlocked iPhone 4 and use it on Viaero. Is it possible to just get a sim card and have a month-to-month (no contract) plan because I am not receiving a phone subsidy?

If not, could I use iPhone on paygo? Is data available with paygo?

Which data plan do I need with an iPhone?

What I am looking at doing is the Nationwide with Carry Over 800 ($39.99) + Unlimited Messaging ($15) + Unlimited Data ($15) if possible. Is this doable?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!!

Feedback Score

Iphone 4 on Viaero

As far as I know you still need to have a contract to use the iphone 4 on viaero. You would need the smartphone data plan which is 39.95 a month. You cant use the unlimited data plan. It must be a smart phone plan to use with a smart phone and unlimited texting, picture messaging, and wed surfing come with that feature. You still might be able to use paygo with your iphone 4 but I am unsure about the data. Remember you must also have a micro sim card. As a of right now viaero has no micro sim cards. So you will have to either cut yours to length or order a sim card cutter for around $20 and all you do is slip the card in and squeeze the handle and it does all the cutting and measurements for you.

Feedback Score
    Only prepaid services can accommodate that, but for data plans, you have to have a contract.

Carrier
    Viaero
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Appleuser View Post
    RangerMaverix,

Since you said they are making the upgrade like t-mobile, does that mean they have the same unique 3G system as t-mobile. I have been curious if the Viaero update will work with my iphone 4. I know that people who use iphones on t-mobile cannot get the 3G service because it is not compatible. I have no information as to what the upgrade will run on a unique system like t-mobile has or like ATT. I mean t-mobile is the only one of their kind. And i roam a lot on ATT towers so i question as to weather the 4G update will be similar to ATT network. But time will tell. Because i could not imagine dropping my iphone 4 for a android smartphone
    no, they are not doing the AWS t-mobile system. My understanding is that it will be like the ATT system and the iPhone will work on the 3G freq. I did make the switch to the Android from the iPhone, mostly due the constant hacking that I was performing on other iPhones. I have been happy but sometimes there is a longing to be back on the apple side. So much simpler with my iMac and MacBook at home.

Carrier
    Viaero
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Appleuser View Post
    As far as I know you still need to have a contract to use the iphone 4 on viaero. You would need the smartphone data plan which is 39.95 a month. You cant use the unlimited data plan. It must be a smart phone plan to use with a smart phone and unlimited texting, picture messaging, and wed surfing come with that feature. You still might be able to use paygo with your iphone 4 but I am unsure about the data. Remember you must also have a micro sim card. As a of right now viaero has no micro sim cards. So you will have to either cut yours to length or order a sim card cutter for around $20 and all you do is slip the card in and squeeze the handle and it does all the cutting and measurements for you.
    You can use either the $39.95 with nationwide + unlimited TXT/PIX or the $14.95 Local data only for the iPhone. You must be on a smartphone plan for the internet to work. It will not work on the paygo or just the phone internet plans due to someway the IT department has to block the internet use on them.

Phones
    iP5 white 64gb
    Apple iP5 White 64
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Does emoji from AT&T iPhone to Viaero iPhone work? Thanks sometimes I get weird symbols in my text from my friend on Viaero

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast