Thread: Can't send international text message from net10?

Feedback Score

Can't send international text message from net10?

I can receive text messages sent to my net10 phone from outside the country. But so far text message sent always fails with some kind of odd SMS error and a code is given. The destination I'm trying to send to is St Kitts (869 area code), which I also notice my phone is completely unable to call -- it is not on the list countries that I can call. Could that be why text msg won't work?

Any ideas on this one?

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    depending on which phone you have you might be able to respond to the phones corresponding email address. if you find out the provider of your friends phone they will have an extension for example with a phone on att you can send a text to (123) 456-7890@txt.att.net and it willl get to the phone, find out the extension and send the text that way

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Despite what countries you phone can or cannot call, sending international text messages is prohibited with Tracfone and Net10.

TEXT MESSAGING.
    The rate to send or receive a text message to another person's phone using your NET10 is 5 cents per message.

NET10 service does not allow international text messages. Attempting to send international messages could result in service deactivation.

Net10 Terms & Conditions
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phones
    Blackberry Z10
    Blackberry Z10
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    hmmm I used to be able to use Tracfone and NET10 to send international txt. BUT because of their term and conditions, I'd rather do it in a legal way. using TMobile prepaid

Good luck,

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    If the receiving phone is WAP enabled you can send your messages as MMS to the email address of the phone. Even if the message is only text you can send email anywhere, but it costs more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn
    depending on which phone you have you might be able to respond to the phones corresponding email address.
    The person I need to text is using a provider that does not have an email interface to their SMS system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates
    NET10 service does not allow international text messages. Attempting to send international messages could result in service deactivation.
    Yikes, I had no idea. Why are they so uptight anyway? Simply not allowing it to succeed would be sufficient. Them threatening me with deactivation just makes me want to say "screw you too" to them. Not good for customer loyalty.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Squirrel
    Yikes, I had no idea. Why are they so uptight anyway? Simply not allowing it to succeed would be sufficient. Them threatening me with deactivation just makes me want to say "screw you too" to them. Not good for customer loyalty.
    TracFone is currently the sixth-largest mobile network operator and the largest mobile virtual network operator in the U.S. market with 10.449 million customers (as of September 2008).

I am sure they are not worried about loosing you as a customer just because you don't agree with their T&C.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure you're right. I just don't like having to be paranoid that I could in some way do something innocuous and end up offending TPTB at a communications provider and get my account terminated. Is there anything else lurking out there that could get my account terminated? I have had this number since 1993 so I don't want to lose it for some stupid reason that I wasn't aware of.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure you're right. I just don't like having to be paranoid that I could in some way do something innocuous and end up offending TPTB at a communications provider and get my account terminated. Is there anything else lurking out there that could get my account terminated? I have had this number since 1993 so I don't want to lose it for some stupid reason that I wasn't aware of.
    Well, then it would be wise of you to read their terms and conditions!

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Is there anything else lurking out there that could get my account terminated? I have had this number since 1993 so I don't want to lose it for some stupid reason that I wasn't aware of.

I don't mean to be pessimistic....really I don't....but in all reality you could follow tracs TOS agreement to the letter and you still may experience this: "TracFone Wireless may modify or cancel any service or take corrective action at any time without prior notice and for any reason, including but not limited to your violation of this agreement."

If you read and follow the TOS and don't play around in any gray areas (glitches and such) and add all your airtime using airtime card pin's you should not experience any termination issues. Save all the airtime cards, store receipts, original barcode from the packaging that your tracfone came in and the original receipt, just in case you do. You will need them.
    I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Feedback Score
    I would not worry much about sending intl txt, I've done it for 4 years. It's the reason why I keep tracfone. If it were free and get abused, it's one thing, but we pay for it. They lost money from those 'tricks and glitches' on the web that people use to cheat service.

If they want to increase the rate for intl txt, then do that. Cost of txt in US is ridiculously high, in some asian countries is about 1 cent to send, free to receive for prepaid gsm service.

If they enforce their TOS on intl txt, I'd move to tmobile prepaid.
    For very light use, TMO prepaid is only $10 for every 3 months, cheaper than tracfone. And Tmo prepaid gives free tzones with web access to few websites like CNN, ABC News, ESPN. You have better phone selection with tmo, can get an unlocked phone which you can use overseas. You don't have to deal with 'how do I connect my tracfone to my pc to move ...' crap.

If you are a moderate user, you could buy $100 tmo prepaid card that gives you 10cents/minute with 1 year of service.

The reason I have not moved from tracfone is that I have many remaining minutes left.