Thread: Sprint - Best 3G Service In NYC

Feedback Score

Sprint - Best 3G Service In NYC

First off, let me introduce myself, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. You may have seen me around on some threads, if not, hello!

I recently read about a really cool 3G Data Test conducted by the Gizmodo staff. The part written by John Mahoney in NYC was particularly interesting. Using 3G USB dongles, the staff tested the signal strength in various areas within (including a suburban area) a major city. John Mahoney led the test for NYC and found some great results for Sprint. The upload & download speeds around town crushed AT&T and Verizon in the competition (the download speed was especially superior in Brooklyn).

Any New York Sprint users in the house? How is your service treating you in the Big Apple? Who here is excited about Sprint’s soon to be released 4G?

For more on the NYC test: http://gizmodo.com/5111997/new-york-...nt-and-verizon
    To read about the entire 3G data test: http://gizmodo.com/5111989/the-defin...t-3g-data-test

Phones
    i880 (Voice Calls), Samsung Epic 4G (Data & Text)
    Former: HTC Hero, Touch Pro, Moto Q9c, ic902, Treo 755p, Fusic, Sanyo 9000, i836
    Carrier
    Sprint-Nextel
    Feedback Score
    New York is probably going to be one of the last markets to get 4G becuase of its complexity. But in NYC and most major cities Sprint is #1 in 3G data. Their network isn't as congested as VZW/ATT.

Phones
    Samsung Transform Ultra
    Transform Ultra C290W385 GLYDE
    Razr i776
    Carriers
    Boost CDMA Boost IDEn ex Verizon Unlimited by Boost CDMA
    AT&T SPRINT NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    BJ Sprint CDMA in Dallas works far better then AT&T or VZW.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know if sprint will be putting out a blackberry with direct connect on the new 4g network?

Phones
    i880 (Voice Calls), Samsung Epic 4G (Data & Text)
    Former: HTC Hero, Touch Pro, Moto Q9c, ic902, Treo 755p, Fusic, Sanyo 9000, i836
    Carrier
    Sprint-Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MS170
    Anyone know if sprint will be putting out a blackberry with direct connect on the new 4g network?
    For now, Sprint's 4G network is for Data Only.

Phone
    iPhone 6 128GB Silver
    Carrier
    AT&T 4G LTE
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Hi guys/girls: Please continue this discussion here: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1488296