Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New "data packages": 100mb for $19.99 & 1mb $4.99 only - avaible 2/3/09

Device(s)
    Wing - lost :-(
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

New "data packages": 100mb for $19.99 & 1mb $4.99 only - avaible 2/3/09

Yes the 5mb package is being removed. The only packages that will be the avaible for new paygo & pyp customers will be the 1mb for $4.99 & 100mb for $19.99,except iphone customers on pyp who can still add the unlimited data package for $19.99 as of now. PYP customers who have the "5mb data" will be granfathered in. For paygo customer with the "5mb data package"...it will remain on acct until used up or till its expiration date...it just cant be renewed after 2/3/09. The date for the new plan launch is subject to change. Im not sure if/when the blast text will go out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pimppoet
    Yes the 5mb package is being removed. The only packages that will be the avaible for new paygo & pyp customers will be the 1mb for $4.99 & 100mb for $19.99,except iphone customers on pyp who can still add the unlimited data package for $19.99 as of now. PYP customers who have the "5mb data" will be granfathered in. For paygo customer with the "5mb data package"...it will remain on acct until used up or till its expiration date...it just cant be renewed after 2/3/09. The date for the new plan launch is subject to change. Im not sure if/when the blast text will go out.
    Does this have anything to do with this post that I made earlier today? http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...01&postcount=1

If it does, I am not seeing this new data plan in the picture that I posted. If they remove the 5MB plan, I will be forced back to Verizon, as I have no use for 100MB.

Device(s)
    Sharp Aquos Crystal, ZTE Mobley, ZTE Z320, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,Sprint,Piranha,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Cool! This sounds good for my unlocked AT&T Tilt. I can use the 1 mb package for downloading googlemail and very light surfing in most months, and if I'm traveling, upgrade for that month to the 100 Mb plan(particularly if I don't want the weight and bulk of a laptop and a prepaid Sprint/Verizon slingshot EVDO card I have on order; laptops are great, but they do weigh pounds instead of ounces). The timing on this is also impecable because my unlimited medianet expires on February 3rd, 2009.

I used my Tilt on a 2 week trip to Kauai at the end of December (our President was on vacation one island south of me). Was nice to check personal email, my credit card balance, pay bills, check airline schedules, look at home newspaper headlines with a small data device.

Also noticed the new qwerty pantech slate gophone on the AT&T Wireless website. First time I've seen an official qwerty gophone (umm, my Tilt is sort of unofficial). Good deal at $119 after rebates. Think they will sell well.

Device(s)
    SDA Music
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the information. I guess 100MB is still not enough for watching tv online that sucks. Didn't AT&T announce that they were gonna come up with BETTER packages? How is going from Unlimited to 100MB, for the same price, better?

Device(s)
    Currently using a Google Motorola Nexus 6 (2014).
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Pay As You Go $3/month plan w/optional data.
    Feedback Score
    Providing At&T does this, I wouldn't expect unlimited Data ona prepaid, 100MB isn't bad for $19.99 if you think about it, however no 5MB package or 10MB, that hurts, I just ordered the 5MB package today, I wanted to surf the internet and download some hard to find music from Napster, now I will use it up and think about what my options are next in general for prepaid or go to another service.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This is better than nothing. 100MB will do me fine when I travel with my AT&T SIM..

Carrier(s)
    US: T-Mobile, AT&T; CA: Rogers, Bell
    Feedback Score

Talking

100 MB is just fine if you ask me! That would work out to just below 0.20/MB. My Unlimited MEdia Net runs out on 2009-02-07 so I may look into getting this afterward.

This comes at an interesting time for me as I will be switching to a device that has only 2100 MHz 3G but still a good one in general next month or so.

Won't be able to do 100 MB/month on EDGE/GPRS in a month anyway unless my use is extreme or S60 apps really consume a lot of data...

A+ from me!

Carrier(s)
    Cricket R+
    Feedback Score
    WOW! Not bad i may prefer this to unlimited! Data rolls over if i rememeber correctly so for $10 month($20+$5+$5 = $30 or 3 month and 102mb) i can get 34mb a month which is more than enough

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The $20 data plan is nice; however, there needs to be something between $5 and $20 and the 5MB plan was it...

Feedback Score
    I wonder if all these packages will be available for Pay As You Go.
    I think the 100MB is perfect for me. I wonder if it does rollover month to month on prepaid.

Carrier(s)
    US: T-Mobile, AT&T; CA: Rogers, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quint101
    The $20 data plan is nice; however, there needs to be something between $5 and $20 and the 5MB plan was it...
    Who knows; maybe they'll be realistic & give us something like 25 MB for 9.99 & maybe upgrade the 1 to 5 MB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quint101
    I very much agree with your post here Quint. I'm on the 5MB plan now which has been meeting my data needs just fine. We'll see what happens in Feb., so far I have not seen anything in writing regarding any change in plans, nor have I received a text message from AT&T.

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Good job ATT, they really needed something like this. It should offer basic data functionality for those that need it. Just remember to use Opera Mini exclusively if you surf :P
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aspen_boy
    I wonder if all these packages will be available for Pay As You Go.
    I think the 100MB is perfect for me. I wonder if it does rollover month to month on prepaid.
    According to the OP, they will be available on PAYG and PYP. All unused data on PAYG will roll over to the following month provided you add another data package to your account before the previous package on your account expires, which is usually 30 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii
    Good job ATT, they really needed something like this. It should offer basic data functionality for those that need it. Just remember to use Opera Mini exclusively if you surf :P
    Opera Mini is good for those that are using a smartphone on prepaid, however, I found that I was actually using more data while using it with my regular phone (V3xxr). When I went back to using the regular AT&T browser on my phone, I wasn't seeing as much data being consumed.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast