Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Casio G'zOne (Black) File System Question

Feedback Score

Casio G'zOne (Black) File System Question

I got the Casio G'zOne (black c711 with front speaker) for work and have used CHMC PST to enable the camera, but I'd also like to change some of the other aspects of the phone that CHMC PST doesn't cover. So I tried using BitPim and QPST, but neither seem to want to work.

BitPim simply will not recognize the phone, nor read the filesystem. QPST sees the phone on the correct COM port, and starts grabbing the ESF, but I get a "server is busy" error message and really can't do anything from there. Disconnecting the phone in the middle of a read shows that it's getting the values from the file system, but something is preventing it from completing.

Are there any other tools I can try, or any workarounds that anyone has found?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Okay, problem one solved. QPST was able to read the EFS via Bluetooth. Not sure why it wouldn't work over the USB cable, but that's another issue.

Anyway, I was able to change the ERI banner through some searching. But I haven't really been able to find any documentation as to where the other files are stored or what they're called. Specifically, I'd like to try changing the startup and shutdown animations, if possible, and I'd like to try changing the Verizon logo on the front LCD. Does anyone know where in the file system these are stored?

Thanks

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pumkinut
    Okay, problem one solved. QPST was able to read the EFS via Bluetooth. Not sure why it wouldn't work over the USB cable, but that's another issue.

Anyway, I was able to change the ERI banner through some searching. But I haven't really been able to find any documentation as to where the other files are stored or what they're called. Specifically, I'd like to try changing the startup and shutdown animations, if possible, and I'd like to try changing the Verizon logo on the front LCD. Does anyone know where in the file system these are stored?

Thanks
    I cant answer your question but I am curious.
    You have the non camera version and you say you have activated the camera?
    So there actually is a camera in the non camera version?
    There was some discussion in another thread one time where the guy was wondering if it did have the camera.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    I have the black non-camera version and it does indeed have a camera, just with a sticker over the lens and "camera disabled" message when you try to use it. I came here looking for a way to enable it.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is definitely interesting...can you point me in the right direction to get CHMC PST...THANKS!

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks pumkinut, but I already did that and had it up and running...forgot to come back and edit my post...I was having a hard time getting my bluetooth connection to stay connected in order to use CHMC PST...any problems for you on your end when first setting it up?

Feedback Score
    I used CHMC PST with the data cable. That worked fine. It's using QPST where I needed the Bluetooth, as it just wouldn't work correctly with the cable. I never had any trouble reading or writing values though.

The trouble is, with QPST, I'm not sure what's what, which caused me to start the thread. At least with CHMC PST all the values are stated, but it's very limited in functionality compared to some of the other tools.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Pumkinut - Were you able to modify anything useful at all? Just curious if there are any pointers that you can pass along or not. I don't have the data cable yet but should be getting one soon. I do have bluetooth but couldn't get it to connect for very long as a BT serial port connection. I might have to check on my QPST via bluetooth.

Feedback Score
    I am a newbie to this phone stuff. I am looking for direction on how to enable camera. TIA.

Feedback Score
    I think some tools can change the esn that useful for somebody,Does qxdm or cdma workshop work for it?!
    anybody can test it?!

Feedback Score
    I think some software can solve
    girlfriend is just like a mobile phone
    you can use it whenever you want to
    but sometimes girlfriend is GPS
    follow you wherever you go

Device(s)
    whichever one I havent sold
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can enable Gzone boulder camera by:
    -installing the pst, the dll, and the drivers. These can be found at a site called mobile files.
    -using cdma workshop or some other pst, READ THE A-KEY and write it down somewhere.
    -On the PST upgrade with the BIN file
    -After the phone reboots THE FIRST TIME unplug it before it re-writes previous settings including EFS settings.
    At this point camera will be enabled but ESN will be erased, and A-key will be erased.
    YOu will need to use cdma workshop or other method to rewrite both: the esn and the a-key. The a-key tells verizon the esn is in fact the esn of the phone. without it, your phone will not be able to make calls.
    If you allow the PST to restore previous settings, then the camera will be locked again.
    Ok, so I'm here to make money...

Mr. Pseudonym says I'm CricKet MAFIA

Accomplishments:
    The 755p cable-less flash

Alias: theonlytnb

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    dont do this until i post more info...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    this screws up the esn. Damnit. but hey the camera works! just no calls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast