Page 825 of 827 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 12399

Thread: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia XZ, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried a non-T-Mobile branded Galaxy S8 to see if it works with T-Zones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    Has anyone tried a non-T-Mobile branded Galaxy S8 to see if it works with T-Zones?
    The unlocked version was a no go. It was blocked instantly.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia XZ, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The unlocked version was a no go. It was blocked instantly.
    So likely no current Galaxies then.

Guess that’s one good thing about the Sony Xperias I use, no one in the US cares about them so they work on T-Zones.

Feedback Score

Guess that’s one good thing about the Sony Xperias I use, no one in the US cares about them so they work on T-Zones.
    Right, I've used Xperias as well and they work fine on tzones. I don't know if an AT&T or Verizon version of the Galaxy would work. Sometimes they do work when the T-Mobile branded or unbranded version wouldn't, so it's hard to say with certainty until someone tests it.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does Xperias support LTE band 12 with VoLTE?

Device(s)
    Xperia x10
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

They blocked the Z3 though. I'm currently using an XZ.

Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    The XZ1 and XZ1 compact are supposed to, but it's tied to the fingerprint reader, so you'll have to choose one or the other.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    I have an international Z5 that supports band 12 for data only. No VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobilecustomer View Post
    Hello,

A while ago someone mentioned that their account now says 2.5 GB per line for grandfathered plans. I can't seem to find it My plan wasn't T-Zones but a $5 Unlimited Android Web. When I login now, I see 2.5 gb per line under the plan section. Did they actually crack down on this?
    I logged into my account after many months/year? and it actually worked! No error when logging in.
    But, I do see this 2.5GB per line under the plan section as well. That's new.
    I have the following plan:
    -Preferred FT 600 NW
    -Unlimited Messages for Families

And 'Preferred Androind Unlimited Web Only' for 4 of 5 lines @$5/line. Yes, that's how Android is spelt on the Tmo page..
    Questions:
    -Wasn't the Preffered Android Unl Web supposed to be 5GB, did they reduce it to 2.5GB at some point?
    Will have to test if they throttle me after 2.5GB....
    -Is this the same as the PAU BTV?
    -Is upgrading to Tmobile One my only option if I want tethering?
    -What is the Preferred Shadow Plan I saw mentioned in some posts?

Sorry for all the questions, have been out of touch with this topic for a while.

EDIT: Just checked past bills online, and it shows 4+GB of data on my line, but 0MB on-network data, so I assume they just don't show the actual LTE data used for grandfathered plans? And I don't remember being throttled, so the 2.5GB of data showing on the plan page is not applicable?
    And it also shows the message:
    'You have exceeded yourmonthly limit for minutes. Upgrade now', I assume the minutes don't matter anymore.
    Last edited by kgdg; 10-12-2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added past bill data usage info

Feedback Score
    The TMO website dosn't reflect the correct limit for your data and minutes because there is no limit. You have the same plan I have. The website will change sometimes to say no data or 1 mb of data or something different but my unlimited data never stops. I haven't found a way to add tethering to PAU. I tried using an unlocked Boost LG Tribute HD but they blocked it after a few days. VPN doesn't work for me either. You might call and ask if they can add a data plan (with tethering) to your one line that doesn't have data but they might require you to change plans. You're probably paying aound ~120 per month for unlimited everything. You'd be crazy to change to one of the newer plans in my opinion. Your bill would probably double.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kgdg View Post
    I logged into my account after many months/year? and it actually worked! No error when logging in.
    But, I do see this 2.5GB per line under the plan section as well. That's new.
    I have the following plan:
    -Preferred FT 600 NW
    -Unlimited Messages for Families

And 'Preferred Androind Unlimited Web Only' for 4 of 5 lines @$5/line. Yes, that's how Android is spelt on the Tmo page..
    Questions:
    -Wasn't the Preffered Android Unl Web supposed to be 5GB, did they reduce it to 2.5GB at some point?
    Will have to test if they throttle me after 2.5GB....
    -Is this the same as the PAU BTV?
    -Is upgrading to Tmobile One my only option if I want tethering?
    -What is the Preferred Shadow Plan I saw mentioned in some posts?

Sorry for all the questions, have been out of touch with this topic for a while.

EDIT: Just checked past bills online, and it shows 4+GB of data on my line, but 0MB on-network data, so I assume they just don't show the actual LTE data used for grandfathered plans? And I don't remember being throttled, so the 2.5GB of data showing on the plan page is not applicable?
    And it also shows the message:
    'You have exceeded yourmonthly limit for minutes. Upgrade now', I assume the minutes don't matter anymore.
    Yes, minutes will show as exceeded. If you haven't been throttled, then you'll be fine. Who knows why they say it's 2.5GB. But you are correct, it used to be 5GB---before they allowed people to go past that.

And yes, I don't think there's away to add tethering to these plans. You have to switch to One to get that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XARLON View Post
    The TMO website dosn't reflect the correct limit for your data and minutes because there is no limit. You have the same plan I have. The website will change sometimes to say no data or 1 mb of data or something different but my unlimited data never stops. I haven't found a way to add tethering to PAU. I tried using an unlocked Boost LG Tribute HD but they blocked it after a few days. VPN doesn't work for me either. You might call and ask if they can add a data plan (with tethering) to your one line that doesn't have data but they might require you to change plans. You're probably paying aound ~120 per month for unlimited everything. You'd be crazy to change to one of the newer plans in my opinion. Your bill would probably double.
    Yea, Tmo One would be almost double what I am paying now for same benefits. From what I am reading, I would also have to upgrade at least 2 of my lines to Tmo One Plus to get HD streaming. The base One plan is limited to 480p streaming.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Yes, minutes will show as exceeded. If you haven't been throttled, then you'll be fine. Who knows why they say it's 2.5GB. But you are correct, it used to be 5GB---before they allowed people to go past that.

And yes, I don't think there's away to add tethering to these plans. You have to switch to One to get that.
    Thanks jet, i wish there was a standalone option for just adding tethering. I have already paid for the data, how does it matter how I use it?
    I think Fi offers this, but then, they are much higher cost for additional line and $/GB of data.

Tmo grandfathered price is way better than anything else still.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XARLON View Post
    Tethering does still work on PAU, but require a bit more work than before and might not work with every device you own, but I am able to tether to laptops and some iOS devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafuzz View Post
    Tethering does still work on PAU, but require a bit more work than before and might not work with every device you own, but I am able to tether to laptops and some iOS devices.
    Can you tell me how? Is this the APN settings deal?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kgdg View Post
    Can you tell me how? Is this the APN settings deal?
    You have to be able to activate the native tethering app and edit the APN. Easy on devices like nexus and pixel. What device you using? And I can't PM you for some reason.

Page 825 of 827 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 LastLast