Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Flash TMO-TM506 to CB-TM506

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    I'd keep Accuweather (it's handy), as well as Opera (a surprise)
    I think it comes with generic fw

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Ok here are my observations after flashing to CW firmware:

1. The phone is much better now, what the hell does T-Mobile do to their phones?

2. There was nothing wrong with the GPS chip as I originally suspected, T-Mobile did something to it! It works fine now. It loads up right away even in my basement! Before I would need to be in a spot where no trees were and even then it would still take up to 5 minutes to connect.

3. The Google maps with GPS is cool but I still like Amaze better.

4. Why on earth would T-Mobile lock out the FM radio? WTF would make them lock out a feature on a phone?

Thanks to all involved who made this a better phone.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700 Bold 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyeandce

The thing is that I am now doing my friends SE TM506, on mines I was able to delete the apps, on hers I haven't been able to.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Feedback Score
    They're up to Opera 4.2 now, which is the only version that can access their new US servers. Opera 4.0 uses servers in Norway
    Opera Mini 4.2 can use our newly established server park in the US. This means significantly faster page downloads for our users in the Americas and Asia-Pacific region. Users in the rest of the world will also experience faster page downloads since we’ve reduced the load on our other servers.
    http://www.opera.com/mini/

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wdunn2626
    The thing is that I am now doing my friends SE TM506, on mines I was able to delete the apps, on hers I haven't been able to.
    The apps folder is

/tpa/preset/system/ams

You can right click on the files in there with A2Uploader and set them to RW instead of RO. Then maybe you can delete them in the Applications menu. If that doesn't work you could delete the files manually in there.

I tried the manual method and somehow it broke all of the apps when i was only trying to get rid of a few of them. I just wanted to keep the games cause all of the apps are kind of out of date...

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can somebody post a copy of or a link to a download of the Fiber Bold theme? I accidentally deleted it and can't find it on the SE site or any forums. I believe it's two files. Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    helpl can't download a2uploader. says server reseted

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Flashed it with both Customize_upgrade and Customize but I am having a hard time tethering (N800 & XP computer) using epc.tmobile.com.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet
    Flashed it with both Customize_upgrade and Customize but I am having a hard time tethering (N800 & XP computer) using epc.tmobile.com.
    if you get the Customize.xml I posted at tmonews, and follow my instruction, you should have no problem
    I finally de-branded the last (red) TM506, it's clean now, except the pre-loaded ATT and T-Mobile settings that I want to use

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    if you get the Customize.xml I posted at tmonews, and follow my instruction, you should have no problem
    I finally de-branded the last (red) TM506, it's clean now, except the pre-loaded ATT and T-Mobile settings that I want to use
    I did and I have no problem tethering with t-zones GPRS but only I use wap.voicestream.com with proxy. If I set up another connection setting with epc.tmobile.com, I can't access the internet. I also setup the epc APN on the phone and it still doesn't work even on the phone.

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Scottish, when you refer to a file on tmonews, will you please put a link in your post (if not to the file; at least to the thread or article or whatever.) I don't frequent tmonews, and I can't find the files you speak of there. I'm sorry if I'm being thick; but I am really interested in trying the things you suggest.

UPDATE: the post is here:
    customize.xml and you have to be logged in to see the attachment. PIA.
    Last edited by luv2code; 02-15-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

Quote Originally Posted by luv2code
    Scottish, when you refer to a file on tmonews, will you please put a link in your post (if not to the file; at least to the thread or article or whatever.) I don't frequent tmonews, and I can't find the files you speak of there. I'm sorry if I'm being thick; but I am really interested in trying the things you suggest.

UPDATE: the post is here:
    customize.xml and you have to be logged in to see the attachment. PIA.
    will post the updated one later

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/608; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

I just flashed mine and I can't get Amazegps to work. It keeps saying 'communication error' and I am using the same settings as with Opera mini and google maps and those run fine.

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    what does the 'H' icon at the top mean?

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2code
    what does the 'H' icon at the top mean?
    H = HSDPA
    3G = 3G obviously
    E = Edge
    G = GPRS

I am finally able to tether using epc APN with a computer and USB cable.

I still couldn't tether with my N800 internet tablet via BT with either epc or wap APN. Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast