Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Flash TMO-TM506 to CB-TM506

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    There is a tiny 'G' above my signal bars. when I first turn the phone on, it was an e. The 'h' is a comparatively large icon to the right of the signal bars.

I thought the tiny 'G' was the network I was connected to. If the 'H' is what I'm connected to, then what is the tiny 'G'?

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Is is possible to edit the soft keys ( change from "contacts" and "media").

Also, the button underneath the green send key doesn't do anything any more. I used that button frequently to get to my most frequently used apps. I can't figure out where to set it up at.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2code
    There is a tiny 'G' above my signal bars. when I first turn the phone on, it was an e. The 'h' is a comparatively large icon to the right of the signal bars.

I thought the tiny 'G' was the network I was connected to. If the 'H' is what I'm connected to, then what is the tiny 'G'?
    For some reason the G shows when the H also shows. Who knows, but when it says H you're connected at HSDPA. When it says G and there is no H then that's GPRS. Next time you drive out to a rural area you'll see that. When it has a tiny E, you're connected via EDGE.

Feedback Score

Also, the button underneath the green send key doesn't do anything any more. I used that button frequently to get to my most frequently used apps. I can't figure out where to set it up at.
    I used to have trouble with the shortcut key under the green key not working. I would turn the phone on and off and it would work again. It hasn't stopped on me in awhile.

In regards to the soft keys, as Scottish pointed out, you can edit the itm files in the original TM506 custom folder with notepad.

For example here is the text of the LEFT_SOFTKEY_HOOK.itm file:

LEFT_SOFTKEY_HOOK.xml 100666 000000 000000 602 10741362455 11762 ustar 00root <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <MenuItem version="1.0">
    <item_text>
    <TEXT lang="fr" str="Contact" />
    <TEXT lang="pt" str="Contat." />
    <TEXT lang="es" str="Contact" />
    <TEXT default_lang="en" str="Contact" />
    </item_text>
    <item_help />
    <item_icon />
    <item_action>
    <ACTION type="Internal" str="Phonebook" />
    </item_action>
    </MenuItem>

You can save the changes and upload it using A2uploader. But I wouldn't know where to get the info to use on the ACTION type line. I don't know of a way to change the settings via the phone's menus.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

After flashing to the C-B version I had the same problem, but using Scottish's customize.xml file fixed it. I don't have a customize.xml file on this computer right now, but I'll look in a few hours and find which part of the file to edit to make it work.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    I posted the contents as three threads
    here is the changes
    I didn't change the <allowed-language> on this part, but the one I am using changed to en, zh, zs
    on <clock>, I changed the date to 2009-01-01
    on <network>, I deleted EVERYTHING, you don't need it at all
    on <mmi>, <show-sos-calls> determine whether the phone displays "Emergency Calls Only" or not
    the top line of <home-network-specific> is removed, you don't need this MNC
    on <shortcut> and <shortcut-list>, I just copy the one from T-Mobile version, changed from "locked-item" to "standard-item", you can configure d-pad freely
    on <dcom> list, I fixed the one on ID#2, now I use wap.myvoicestream.com instead of www.t-zones.com (cannot open)
    on <user-profiles>, you may want to change <vibrating-alert>
    0=fully disabled
    1=only at slient mode
    2=vibrate all the time

this one is the final, no more changes will be done

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyeandce
    [SIZE=1]
    you can put flashlite 2.0 .swf files and associated themes if you want
    Where do you get flashlite 2.0 and how is it installed?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: SonyEricssonTM506/R3DA Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 JavaPlatform/JP-8.3.2)

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyeandce
    [SIZE=1]
    you can put flashlite 2.0 .swf files and associated themes if you want
    Where do you get flashlite 2.0 and how is it installed?
    from extracted .fbn files (paid 5 days access for topsony)
    all 2008 or later models support flashlite themes

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I enabled my gmail IMAP4 account and after it was updating the inbox, it told me PUSH EMAIL was available. So I enabled it and sent myself an email a few minutes later.

The phone went off almost instantly with a new email message. color me surprised - I have push email on my phone now.

I'm worried about 2 things: 1) Is this going to drain my battery faster? (it barely lasts a day as it is.) 2) Is t-mobile going to charge me for every email I receive?

P.S.
    Thanks so much for all your work, Scottish. My TM506 is a great phone now.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Is it just me or is the volume lower with this new firmware than the tmobile firmware. I have been having a hard time hearing people with this one. I did not have that issue with the tmobile firmware.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danska
    Is it just me or is the volume lower with this new firmware than the tmobile firmware. I have been having a hard time hearing people with this one. I did not have that issue with the tmobile firmware.
    mine goes different way
    my green TM506 was seldom used because of unusable bluetooth volume
    but now after upgraded to Cin Bell fw and my Customize file, it's a lot more louder
    I know I can modify the fw, it takes me time to find out
    after fully debranding, GPS Google Maps works wonder, it locks on in 2-3 seconds, very fast, though the GPS reception is poor, it's usable outdoors
    Earth theme fits best with green TM506
    Sparking crystal and Red Carpet themes fit red TM506
    it's worth to pay a bit to topsony and grab the following .fbn, and grab these themes (as well as associated .swf)
    T700 (Earth theme, essential for green TM506)
    C902 (Red Carpet theme, essential for red TM506)
    W760 (if you want Clero or Yelo)
    W902
    W595
    C702

and, you can grab all FM_radio_hook*.itm files (from W760 tpa.zip) and put in T-Mobile branded TM506 /tpa/preset/custom folder and see what happens (I can't do it anymore as I debranded all 3 TM506s)

Feedback Score
    can any one here help me to or guide me where to download a2uploader thankx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mercedes300e
    can any one here help me to or guide me where to download a2uploader thankx
    See post #1 of this thread. Link provided there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danska
    Is it just me or is the volume lower with this new firmware than the tmobile firmware. I have been having a hard time hearing people with this one.
    I was able to find a link on topse.ru where you can download file systems from other phones. You don't need any software to break them apart. They have file systems for the c702, w902, even a clean copy of the TM506.

http://translate.google.com/translat...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Scroll down to where it says

The files of the firmware

Then click: -File System

It will bring up a list of phones that have extracted file systems. Click the heading of the phone you want, and then click Download.

You will get an error message like this:

The page you requested (http://topse.ru/index.php?do=files&op=showfile&lid=7998) attempted to redirect to a page (http://s01.ru.loads.sgh.ru/HaRNHayJk...1gASX2hkUMAlGA..) that could not be translated.

Click the second link and the download will begin.

To unpack the file, you will need to enter the password: www.topse.ru

The reason I bring this up in response to danska's point on the volume is that you may be able to copy the acoustic files from another phone's file system into the Cinn Bell file system to improve it.

I found some files under TPA/PRESET/ACOUSTIC. I have no idea if this will work, but I thought I would throw out the idea if somebody wants to try it. Maybe even putting the original TM 506 acoustic files back on with a2uploader will improve it.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    I was able to find a link on topse.ru where you can download file systems from other phones. You don't need any software to break them apart. They have file systems for the c702, w902, even a clean copy of the TM506.

http://translate.google.com/translat...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Scroll down to where it says

The files of the firmware

Then click: -File System

It will bring up a list of phones that have extracted file systems. Click the heading of the phone you want, and then click Download.

You will get an error message like this:

The page you requested (http://topse.ru/index.php?do=files&op=showfile&lid=7998) attempted to redirect to a page (http://s01.ru.loads.sgh.ru/HaRNHayJk...1gASX2hkUMAlGA..) that could not be translated.

Click the second link and the download will begin.

To unpack the file, you will need to enter the password: www.topse.ru

The reason I bring this up in response to danska's point on the volume is that you may be able to copy the acoustic files from another phone's file system into the Cinn Bell file system to improve it.

I found some files under TPA/PRESET/ACOUSTIC. I have no idea if this will work, but I thought I would throw out the idea if somebody wants to try it. Maybe even putting the original TM 506 acoustic files back on with a2uploader will improve it.
    It seems a little louder. I will have to try making a few more phone calls to find out. Thanks!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast