Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Flash TMO-TM506 to CB-TM506

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2code

I'm worried about 2 things: 1) Is this going to drain my battery faster? (it barely lasts a day as it is.) 2) Is t-mobile going to charge me for every email I receive?
    The Sony Ericsson email software uses your data connection to send and the emails so T-Mobile won't know that you received an email, therefore they won't charge you as they would had you used their software. Obviously it will count against your data plan though (if you don't have unlimited.)

As for the battery, I don't think the phone is using any more energy than it does when you receive a text message. It's push email, so it's not like it's even checking the email periodically.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    I was able to find a link on topse.ru where you can download file systems from other phones. You don't need any software to break them apart. They have file systems for the c702, w902, even a clean copy of the TM506.
    a clean copy?
    but I definitely won't go back to R3CA after debranding
    btw, I can unpack the file with 7zip without pwd prompt

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyeandce
    a clean copy?
    but I definitely won't go back to R3CA after debranding
    LOL, I wouldn't expect many people would. I was merely saying it was available if anyone needed in the original parts.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As for the battery, I don't think the phone is using any more energy than it does when you receive a text message. It's push email, so it's not like it's even checking the email periodically.
    I think it uses up a little more battery power. I've had mine on push email for a few days now, and it does seem to be a little worse. The internet icon is almost always on now, too. Still, a little less battery life is well worth it for the convenience of push email. I don't feel quite so jealous of my coworkers' Blackberrys anymore!

Feedback Score

1. Run A2Uploader and click "FileSystem Tool"

ok I was able to download the program and then i opened but I can't find the filesystem tool? i can either make it run. Also on the 2 part does Seus is another program I have to download? thanks everybody...

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    The Sony Ericsson email software uses your data connection to send and the emails so T-Mobile won't know that you received an email, therefore they won't charge you as they would had you used their software. Obviously it will count against your data plan though (if you don't have unlimited.)
    I was worried that the IMAP PUSH message would be charged as an SMS or something.

I'm going to start using PUSH, then. The TM506 has gone from "just a tether to 3G" to "greatest phone ever"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mercedes300e
    ok I was able to download the program and then i opened but I can't find the filesystem tool? i can either make it run. Also on the 2 part does Seus is another program I have to download? thanks everybody...
    The File System Tool button is on the very right side of the screen. You may have to slide the slider bar on the bottom to the right to see it.

Yes, SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service) is a separate download. Just follow the link provided and download it from the official Sony website.

Feedback Score
    I have no screen, only I have afther I download the a2uplaoader is icons, I unziped and then this is what it showsme: amd64 folder, x86 folder, driver package etz etz. how do I see the screen?

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    You probably downloaded the wrong file.
    Here is the direct link

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    With the Cin Bell fw, I can take a picture and choose to send it to blogger; but it fails. I'm already a blogger.com user, and I would love to enable this; but I can't find the setting I need to make to set my account up. Anyone know what to do?

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2code
    With the Cin Bell fw, I can take a picture and choose to send it to blogger; but it fails. I'm already a blogger.com user, and I would love to enable this; but I can't find the setting I need to make to set my account up. Anyone know what to do?
    Are you using the wap.voicestream.com apn or epc.tmobile.com apn? If your using the wap apn, i wonder if it blocks the ports needed. I doubt it but just throwing out ideas.

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I figured it out. Well, something was broken when I tried it last night.
    This is how it works:
    Take picture,
    choose send
    choose To Blog
    it asks you for a blog name,
    it asks you to edit the post (subject + body)
    it connects, creates the blog, and uploads the post.
    blogger sms's you a claim ID
    you use the claim id to tie the phone with a blogger account (either an existing one or the one the phone created for you.)

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I think it uses MMS. ****. I guess I'll stick to email.

Feedback Score
    ok I download the program again from the link and I click save on my receive files from, then I unziped then I install the program on my programs under Gordon folder name. After I install the program I went to open the the file It was saved but all I see there is icons. I click on all of then buy none one gives me the acces to any screen ( like program). is there any other way to do this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mercedes300e
    I click on all of then buy none one gives me the acces to any screen ( like program). is there any other way to do this?
    Are you sure you're using the link that SD gave in post 1 of this thread for A2uploader?

I just re-downloaded the A2uploader zip file from that link and there are just two icons in that folder after you unpack the zip file:

a2uploader.exe and the drivers ggsetup-2.2.0.1.exe. There are no programs to install on the computer. You just run the ggsetup if you haven't already so that the drivers are on your computer. And then you run a2uploader.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast