This tutorial assumes you are currently using T-Mobile branded firmware, revision R3CA or R3DA, but it should work with other firmwares as well.
You can flash to the Cincinnati Bell firmware for FREE using this method.
Among other things, the CB firmware turns on the following features not found in the T-Mobile version: FM Radio, Better AGPS, TrackID, and Tethering.
It can also still connect to AWS UMTS(3G).
This DOES NOT change the simlocks on your phone. If your phone is simlocked, it will still be locked after flashing.
Don't try this unless you know what you are doing.
Thanks goes out to Scottish for the CDA number!
1. Sony Ericsson Upgrade Service
3. Save the following as Customize_upgrade.xml
Step 1:Code:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <customization> <info> <cda-number>1218-2095</cda-number> </info> </customization>
1. Run A2Uploader and click "FileSystem Tool"
2. Hold down "2" on the phone and plug in the USB cable
3. Release the 2 button when you see some activity on the left side of the A2Uploader window
4. Browse to /tpa/preset/custom.
5. Drag and drop Customize_upgrade.xml inside the filesystem window.
6. Check the list to make sure it was uploaded
7. Click the "Shutdown FS Manager" button
8. Unplug the USB cable and turn the phone on
9. It should briefly say "Please wait". When it has finished starting up, turn the phone off.
1. Start SEUS
2. Click the picture of a flip phone then Continue
3. Click the picture of the TM506 then Continue
4. Hold down "2" on the phone and plug in the USB cable
5. SEUS will inform you that the "Latest software is already installed! TM506 AMERICA-BAND1-4 CDF1218-2095" (Make sure it says that, not TMO-US)
6. Click "Continue anyway"
7. SEUS will flash your phone to the Cincinnati Bell firmware
8. Unplug the USB cable when it's done, and enjoy!