Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Results 226 to 235 of 235

Thread: HOWTO: Flash TMO-TM506 to CB-TM506

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Okay, Now can someone take all of this and put it in to a summarized, up-to-date, detailed guide to debranding a Sony Ericsson TM506?

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,403
    Phones
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Sony Ericsson TM506 (debranded)
    Nokia 6133 (debranded)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by garza350
    Okay, Now can someone take all of this and put it in to a summarized, up-to-date, detailed guide to debranding a Sony Ericsson TM506?
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...branding_Guide

    That's all you need right there.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0

    Unhappy What/where exactly is the "filesystem window"

    What/where exactly is the "filesystem window" ? After following your instructions exactly, and least a dozen times, (including dropping the "Customize_upgrade.xml" file into what I would guess was the "filesystem window). I check with SEUS, and it informs me:"Your phone already has the latest software (R3DA030)"

    Please help

    Thank you one and all in advance

    -RD

    Oh, and by the way; I am a complete newbie/greenhorn/ignoramus on the subject (i.e: I have never "flashed" or "debranded" a phone in my life)

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,718
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rtdarling
    What/where exactly is the "filesystem window" ? After following your instructions exactly, and least a dozen times, (including dropping the "Customize_upgrade.xml" file into what I would guess was the "filesystem window). I check with SEUS, and it informs me:"Your phone already has the latest software (R3DA030)"
    It's supposed to say that. See Step 2, point 5 of the wiki. Just continue with Step 2, point 6.

    In actuality your phone doesn't have the latest software, so when you click "re-install", SEUS is actually putting the generic firmware onto your phone. By copying the Customize_upgrade.xml" to the phone, SEUS is being tricked to think you have the latest software.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    98
    Phones
    Nokia 6133
    Nokia 3390b
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I ordered another TM506 off ebay. I have Total Internet on two phones and my really old TM506 broke. I'm lucky in that the firmware on it lets me tether despite having the T-mobile junk on there. I'd like to debrand it like I did my other phone so I have access to the FM radio and a google maps that actually locks signals quickly.

    I tried debranding as I have done before:
    Step 2:
    1. Start SEUS
    2. Click the picture of a flip phone then Continue
    3. Click the picture of the TM506 then Continue
    4. Hold down "2" on the phone and plug in the USB cable
    5. SEUS will inform you that the "Latest software is already installed! TM506 AMERICA-BAND1-4 CDF1218-2095" (Make sure it says that, not TMO-US)
    6. Click "Continue anyway"
    7. SEUS will flash your phone to the Cincinnati Bell firmware
    8. Unplug the USB cable when it's done, and enjoy! [/QUOTE]

    Is it just me or does SEUS no longer work? At first I thought it might be my internet connection, but then I tried it gf's connection and still no go. The links to SEUS direct you to the sony page which prompts you to download their "Sony PC Companion." Reading about that tool and even using it with my other debranded phone, it looks like a replacement for SE PC Suite and Update Service. Is there anyway to reflash the phone using that?

    Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Pokerpua; 03-30-2012 at 04:14 PM.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,718
    Feedback Score
    0
    They eliminated SEUS, and I don't know if their new software will update. I doubt it will work the same way, as we would trick SEUS to put a different firmware onto the phone. However, I just checked davinciteam.com and you can still get the Cinn Bell firmware through them for $13.

    I would recommend the generic firmware however over the Cinn Bell. Most people switched to that once it came out instead of the Cinn Bell as it is truly unbranded and gives you access to the features you mentioned.

    Here's the list of available firmware for the TM506 on Davinciteam:

    http://www1.davinciteam.com/phone_de...D51,CID52.html

    As you can see they have Cinn Bell, but they also have Customized US, that's the generic one.

    When you're in the davinciteam client, you'll see a list of firmwares to choose from. (See screenshot #5):

    http://davinciteam.us/10_faq_64.html

    As you can tell there's an eight digit code starting with 12 in both the customization column and the CDA column.

    The codes of my generic firmware are: 1217-0527 and 1203-3659. That firmware has worked well for me.

    Anyway, that's my best suggestion since Sony no longer supports the SEUS.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    98
    Phones
    Nokia 6133
    Nokia 3390b
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Jet1000:
    Thanks for the quick reply. I don't carry that phone with me so I'm fine with just using it as is to connect to the internet as is but it's good to know that option is out there. If my other phone breaks, or I go on a long road trip, I'll pay to flash it.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    98
    Phones
    Nokia 6133
    Nokia 3390b
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    They eliminated SEUS, and I don't know if their new software will update. I doubt it will work the same way, as we would trick SEUS to put a different firmware onto the phone. However, I just checked davinciteam.com and you can still get the Cinn Bell firmware through them for $13.

    I would recommend the generic firmware however over the Cinn Bell. Most people switched to that once it came out instead of the Cinn Bell as it is truly unbranded and gives you access to the features you mentioned.

    Here's the list of available firmware for the TM506 on Davinciteam:

    http://www1.davinciteam.com/phone_de...D51,CID52.html

    As you can see they have Cinn Bell, but they also have Customized US, that's the generic one.

    When you're in the davinciteam client, you'll see a list of firmwares to choose from. (See screenshot #5):

    http://davinciteam.us/10_faq_64.html

    As you can tell there's an eight digit code starting with 12 in both the customization column and the CDA column.

    The codes of my generic firmware are: 1217-0527 and 1203-3659. That firmware has worked well for me.

    Anyway, that's my best suggestion since Sony no longer supports the SEUS.
    Are there any alternatives to davinciteam? The links go to a page now saying the domain name doesn't exist anymore. I never bothered changing the firmware on that phone, but my fully fuctioning TM506 is on it's last legs as part of the flip pivots cracked. When that happened to my old phone, it only lasted another month or so.

    I now want to try to flash that TM506 that I've just been using to tether with on my other line.

    I just did a quick google search and came up with
    http://www.wotanserver.com/en/sony-e...branding-flash

    Does anyone know if that place is reputable?

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,718
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerpua View Post
    I just did a quick google search and came up with
    http://www.wotanserver.com/en/sony-e...branding-flash

    Does anyone know if that place is reputable?
    Yeah I think I've heard of people using them. If you want to double check further, you can go to topsony.com. That's a forum devoted to modifying the sony phones. You may be able to search the forum to see if people had good results with wotanserver. Or that site may have their own suggestions.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    98
    Phones
    Nokia 6133
    Nokia 3390b
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Excelent news.

    SE Update Service works now.
    Version 2.12.15.18 downloaded when I ran my old installed program that didn't work back in March. I guess Sony fixed whatever was wrong with it before. I'm glad I decided to try again. I finished the debranding process as per the wiki and FM radio and everything works so I can now use my backup phone.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Bookmarks