BB 9630
    LG VX9700
    LG VX8500
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

MDN and MIN Question

Whats up guys...

I just got firmware v6 installed on my Dare, and obviously I was going through the phone checking out any changes and improvements. While doing so, I noticed something that I'm not entirely sure wasnt there before, but I don't remember, and I'm not sure if it could be a potential problem.

When you go to: Settings and tools > Phone Info > My number....the mobile device number is my correct phone number, but the Mobile Identification # is a different phone number that I've never seen before. I actually called it, and a message came on saying that is cellular number is no longer in service.

Does anybody know whats going on? Please keep in mind that this was a release week Dare, that still had version 3 on it before tonight. The weird number could have been there all along, but I havent checked it in over 6 months.

Thanks in advance.

Phones
    BB Storm2 9550 (Storm 9530 sold)
    LG Dare VX9700, LG VX8300 (Voyager and EnV2 sold)
    Carriers
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Under Verizon, your MIN and MDN should be the same

Your MDN is your 10 digit phone number. Your MIN is the number you call to connect to Verizon. Some carriers, like Cricket, have their MIN different from the MDN.

Does your phone make calls?

Feedback Score
    As I recall, and some previous threads on the subject mention, like http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hlight=mdn+min, it happens, but it shouldn't really play much of a role one way or another.

Feedback Score
    Thread title edited.

Please use descriptive thread titles.

Phones
    BB 9630
    LG VX9700
    LG VX8500
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sorry about the generic thread title. Thanks for changing it.

Yes, the phone does make calls...there hasn't been a problem, but I want to avoid a potential one, and that's why I got curious.

It could very well be that the MIN was different than my MDN all along, but I simply wasn't aware of it. But to be honest with you, if I saw that before, it would have sent up a red flag, so I'm thinking its something new that happened when I got the firmware update last night.

Would it be worth calling (dealing with) Verizon? Sometimes talking to them is like pulling teeth, and it turns out to be not even worth my while.

Thanks.

Phones
    BB Storm2 9550 (Storm 9530 sold)
    LG Dare VX9700, LG VX8300 (Voyager and EnV2 sold)
    Carriers
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hugecanoli
    Sorry about the generic thread title. Thanks for changing it.

Yes, the phone does make calls...there hasn't been a problem, but I want to avoid a potential one, and that's why I got curious.

It could very well be that the MIN was different than my MDN all along, but I simply wasn't aware of it. But to be honest with you, if I saw that before, it would have sent up a red flag, so I'm thinking its something new that happened when I got the firmware update last night.

Would it be worth calling (dealing with) Verizon? Sometimes talking to them is like pulling teeth, and it turns out to be not even worth my while.

Thanks.
    phone could be ported. If everything on your phone works, then don't worry about it

Phones
    BB 9630
    LG VX9700
    LG VX8500
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I appreciate all your replies and I'll take your advice. If it aint broke..why try to fix it?

I was just a little confused because the phone was not a refurb (got it 3 days before the release date) nor was the number ported and I never noticed that the numbers were different before.

Oh well...onto bigger and better things. Thanks again for all your help!

Feedback Score
    It's completely okay for your MDN and MIN to not match. I have non-ported numbers on my account, and all of them have different MDNs and MINs. I guess it's dependent on regional configuration and the date of account creation. (Not when you add a line)

PS. Just noticed your location, and we probably are only two towers apart. (I drive to NJ frequently and pay attention to the SIDs I use)

Phone
    Lg Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i called mine and some wierd lady answered and said hello so i hung up. its like a totally different number