Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Fido Blackberry FAQ - All BB Questions And Answers HERE

Device(s)
    Blackberry 7290
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

BB Data Not Active

Went to Kiosk and had the BB 500meg plan added. Told the rep that I was getting a phone from my father later. Tried to put SIM in an unlocked BB but not data service. The PIN is free because I can add that phone to another SIM card with active BB plan already. Read post #1 and called Fido to check if the IMEI number is blank. It was but the CSR wouldn't add the dummy # for me...told me to get a Fido phone and call back to trouble shoot. Is this the problem that the there will be no active data without the IMEI filled in...and if so how can I get them to add the dummy?

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    The BB data options will not even appear on the list of options until an IMEI # is entered. Call back and try again, give them the dummy IMEI.

But wait...it sounds like you already have the BB plan added?? Okay, then next step is to register the device either on the site or from the phone...

FIDO $40/4GB BYOD
    PUBLIC $38/4GB BYOD
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB full speed)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Device(s)
    Samsung i600
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

pin issue?

Ok, went through most of the steps on this wonderful thread, i changed my data plan to the BIS plan. of course, i'm using a unlocked bold and was able to register the handset via the options/host routing table.

however, i am unable to register on the fido.blackberry.com website as right now i have NO services on the handset so i can't even create emails, etc...

i'm getting a message saying "Please check your PIN and IMEI, the information you entered is incorrect" <- i've tried both the dumby and real IMEI, no luck.

its not telling me that the pin is already registered, so i'm a bit confused as to if i may have missed something? Fido CSRs (technical support) has advised me to call BB directly...

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    The dummy IMEI is meant for Fido to add in order to activate options. It is not an actual IMEI and should not be used by YOU. It has nothing to do with BIS or your device. You need to use your real IMEI when you register via the device or website.

If you have an active BB plan when you do this, you'll recieve a welcome email.

WHY are you trying to register on the site when you said you already registered from the phone??? Of course it won't let you register again! Lol.

What's the issue?? Just log into the site with your username/password you should already have if you registered as you said you did...

Device(s)
    Samsung i600
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    i got the welcome mail AFTER i did the Host Routing Table registering, i didn't register the phone any other way, i apologize for not making that clear. what is the other way to register the phone to obtain create username/pass on the phone?

i did just got off the phone with BB and i gave the CSR my PIN AND surprisingly enough, on their system it shows up as a curve 8320, however, my handset is a unlocked BB 9000 BOLD. someone managed to change and link this phone to another pin.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

BBC, then there is Lenovo Constant Connect...!!

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/16/l...aut/#continued

ENOVO THINKPAD LAPTOP COMPUTERS TO GAIN NEW LEVEL OF INTEGRATION WITH BLACKBERRY SMARTPHONES

Research Triangle Park, NC and Waterloo, ON – February 16, 2009 – Lenovo and Research In Motion (RIM) today announced that the two companies will work together to promote new Lenovo mobile solutions that will help on-the-go business users enhance their mobile computing and communications experience through tighter integration between Lenovo ThinkPad laptop computers and BlackBerry® smartphones.
    Leveraging Lenovo's extensive global R&D capabilities and engineering prowess in laptop computers together with RIM's expertise in smartphones and wireless solutions, Lenovo plans to develop and deliver a range of industry-leading solutions and technologies that can help professionals conduct business more effectively on the go.
    Lenovo Constant Connect, the first solution developed by Lenovo, will leverage the strengths of the BlackBerry® solution and Lenovo ThinkPad laptops to deliver an unparalleled user experience for flexible, real-time access to enterprise-based email. Lenovo Constant Connect will allow enterprise email received on a user's BlackBerry smartphone to be automatically synchronized via Bluetooth® onto the user's ThinkPad laptop – even if the ThinkPad laptop is off – without the user having to take any additional steps.
    This level of integration and availability dramatically improves access to email on the Lenovo ThinkPad laptop from wherever a BlackBerry smartphone can access a connection. In addition to greater flexibility and convenience, it can also reduce the need to use the laptop with fee-based Wi-Fi® networks. Lenovo Constant Connect is expected to be available from Lenovo and its business partners in the second quarter of 2009 in the U.S, and to be rolled out in markets around the world later in 2009.
    "With more and more mobile professionals relying on both their BlackBerry smartphone and ThinkPad laptop PC, we view better integration between the two devices as a necessity. Today's announcement is the first step in combining these best-in-class solutions to deliver a more useful and powerful mobile work experience," said Lenovo CEO Yang Yuanqing.

"Lenovo is adding significant value for our mutual customers by developing tighter and more seamless integration between Lenovo ThinkPad laptops and BlackBerry smartphones," said Jim Balsillie, Co-CEO, Research In Motion. "By leveraging the industry-leading, push-based connectivity of the BlackBerry solution, Lenovo Constant Connect will simplify email synchronization on the laptop and provide mobile professionals with greater flexibility to manage their email on the move."

About Lenovo
    Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is dedicated to building the world's most innovative personal computers. Lenovo's business model is built on innovation, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as a focus on investment in emerging markets. Formed by Lenovo Group's acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services worldwide. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com.

About Research In Motion (RIM)
    Research In Motion is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services that support multiple wireless network standards, RIM provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive information including email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet and intranet-based applications. RIM's portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies are used by thousands of organizations around the world and include the BlackBerry(R) wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld(TM) product line, software development tools, radio-modems and software/hardware licensing agreements. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. RIM is listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market (NASDAQ:RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:RIM). For more information, visit www.rim.com or www.BlackBerry.com.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8100
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Can we use the $7 Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing option on an unlocked blackberry flip?

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masounj
    Can we use the $7 Unlimited On-Device Mobile Browsing option on an unlocked blackberry flip?
    LOL

Wouldn't that be nice. $7 data on a Blackberry would make us the cheapest in the entire world!

Ummm, g'luck with that. Please read my other FAQ: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1337293

Device(s)
    Samsung i600
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    quick question for those on fido with BB service, is anyone using the fido BIS with an unlocked BOLD? either Rogers or another carrier branded device?

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theguru
    quick question for those on fido with BB service, is anyone using the fido BIS with an unlocked BOLD? either Rogers or another carrier branded device?
    Hahaha I think that's pretty much everybody.

Device(s)
    Samsung i600
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    i thinking the samething but just want to be sure, this bold i currently have is linked to another pin which isn't a bold so that is already a problem...i've been going at it for 2 days now non stop and i've been able to change the pin/imei on my bb bold but still, no luck even with a free/unlocked pin/imei from my old bb 8700r.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

BB Connect on Windows Mobile?

Does BB Connect on a WM5/WM6 device work now with Fido's new BIS?

As per the previous Fido service:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...3&postcount=41

it *was* doable.

The question is - can I keep my Windows Smartphone yet have access to the Blackberry BIS push email?

thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Z30
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipcream

it *was* doable.

The question is - can I keep my Windows Smartphone yet have access to the Blackberry BIS push email?

thanks in advance!
    With Fido's Motorola Q9h, you can definitely get the BB Connect software directly from Motorola, and it works like a charm.

HTC has released some BB Connect software for some of their models.

I have the Samsung Jack 2 but I don't think there is any BB Connect software out there for that model.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whipcream

it *was* doable.

thanks in advance!
    First post answers this...

It has nothing to do with Fido's service.

Again, so long as you have a WM phone that supports a BB Connect client.

Device(s)
    i570
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Does WIFI work on Blackberries with out a data plan? I'm looking for an unlocked Bold or 8900 but one of the sellers told me I needed at least the $15 unlimited email for WIFI to work. Something to do with compression?

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast