Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Fido Blackberry FAQ - All BB Questions And Answers HERE

Feedback Score
    Not true. WIFI works without the data plan/ blackberry messenger plan.

Quick question: If I dont want to use blackberry internet (3G) and instead only want to use WIFI, can I leave those settings out and then I wont ever have to be afraid of getting charged for using the mobile browser?

Device(s)
    iPhone4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    is there any way to access your fido.blackberry.net email away from your blackberry ex. Webmail or pop?

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score

Warranty issue with BB Bold from Rogers

I hope this question belongs here. If not, feel free to move it. I have an unlocked Bold I bought on ebay from a Rogers customer. One of the side buttons has stopped working. Would the rogers warranty provide replacement and if so how do I do that? Ask a friend with Rogers to bring it into a store?

Thanks,

BP

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have a bb bold from rogers that is unlocked. I put in my fido sim and it works to make and recieve calls / txts. I cannot register with the BB network tho. I bought the phone new from rogers and had it unlocked and verified (MEPD) that it is unlocked.

What do I do, I have tried APN settings, and host routing table, but cannot register. I called rogers and had them 0 my pin in their system but it still doesnt work.

I also tried registerig on fido.blackberry.com and it says the phone was purchased thru a different provider.

At the top with my fido sim I see ^ROGERS as if im roaming on rogers, is this normal?

What do I do, any help is appreciated.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone noticed that Gmail IMAP on BIS has been quite slow as of late sending emails to the phone?

About a week ago I had about a 1minute max delay. Now I get about a 15minute delay.

Anyone else experiencing this using Gmail w/IMAP? (not POP)
    WALK THE TALK

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    "How is a Blackberry data plan different from a regular data plan?
    A: Regular data plans give you access to Fido's APN's for internet access. Blackberry data plans give you the same thing PLUS access to the Blackberry APN. This allows you to use Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) and gives you all the cool features such as push email, etc."

I have everything working great. Internet, BIS, BB Messenger etc.

Just to clarify the TCP/APN settings under "Options" "Advanced Options". Should this field be blank?? Everything under Host Routing table has the APN set at blackberry.net.

Just want to confirm the settings as I was a bit confused reading through the posts. Also don't want to be charged for unauthorized data usage under my $25 BIS plan.

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Father of 2
    is there any way to access your fido.blackberry.net email away from your blackberry ex. Webmail or pop?
    Does anyone have an answer to this question?

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Father of 2
    Does anyone have an answer to this question?
    Sure. Forward it to your existing Gmail/Hotmail/whatever.

FIDO $40/4GB BYOD
    PUBLIC $38/4GB BYOD
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB full speed)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 8gb
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punkis
    I hope this question belongs here. If not, feel free to move it. I have an unlocked Bold I bought on ebay from a Rogers customer. One of the side buttons has stopped working. Would the rogers warranty provide replacement and if so how do I do that? Ask a friend with Rogers to bring it into a store?

Thanks,

BP

unlocking voids the warranty so i'm pretty sure you're going to have to pay for any repairs.
    I like.. cell things.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by V17
    Has anyone noticed that Gmail IMAP on BIS has been quite slow as of late sending emails to the phone?

About a week ago I had about a 1minute max delay. Now I get about a 15minute delay.

Anyone else experiencing this using Gmail w/IMAP? (not POP)

Yep I'm getting this same issue recently.....

Feedback Score

I Need Help

I'm new to the Blackberry world and have no idea what is going on nor how to get this phone to do everything it is designed to do....

I currently purchased a blackberry 8310 Smartphone from a local store... therefore it is an unlocked phone...

I have called fido and added the $15 personal emailing and BBM service to my monthly plan but i cannot seem to get my email setup not my bbm to work...

I tried following all the steps you have provided but it still hasn't worked...

I have called rogers to release my pin and that still seemed to do nothing... i also called fido and gave them my imei number...

any other tips that you can provide to get me started in the blackberry world???

Feedback Score
    is custom mp3 ringtones locked? thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AdriBern
    I'm new to the Blackberry world and have no idea what is going on nor how to get this phone to do everything it is designed to do....

I currently purchased a blackberry 8310 Smartphone from a local store... therefore it is an unlocked phone...

I have called fido and added the $15 personal emailing and BBM service to my monthly plan but i cannot seem to get my email setup not my bbm to work...

I tried following all the steps you have provided but it still hasn't worked...

I have called rogers to release my pin and that still seemed to do nothing... i also called fido and gave them my imei number...

any other tips that you can provide to get me started in the blackberry world???
    I used my curve for a week before I got hooked up with my bold.

I went to the home screen, and you press menu again, and click "Show All"

There should be an option to set up your email.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DelSolMan83
    is custom mp3 ringtones locked? thanks
    Yes. If you havent done so already, backup your microSD card to your computer, stick it in the blackberry, and go to Options, Memory, Press Menu, and click "Format." Once this is done, you can put your microSD card back in your computer, and go to the "ringers" folder and put your ringtones there.

Ron

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFido
    unlocking voids the warranty so i'm pretty sure you're going to have to pay for any repairs.
    Please explain Unlocking VIA Code DOES NOT...I repeat, DOES NOT void the manufacturers warranty. You are absolutely, legitimetely, utilizing a BUILT IN FEATURE of the phone to enter code that is built into the phone!

If you modify the software and unlock it via cable, then you void the warranty.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast