Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Thread: Fido Blackberry FAQ - All BB Questions And Answers HERE

Feedback Score
    Don't you need the Blackberry Desktop Software for tethering Anyways?

Plus tethering enable in your Fido Account?

Quote Originally Posted by svtquattro View Post
    I have an unlocked 9900 on Fido. I only see "3G" except in a very few areas where H+ shows up.

For those Vancouverites, that would be in the "Highgate" area of Burnaby. Weird.

Anyone tethering with a 9900 on Fido?

Sent from my GT-P7500R using HowardForums
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    Nope, just got it working over Bluetooth! No Desktop software required!

This article helped me, although it wasn't EXACTLY the same as this.

Just need the fido APN which is easily searchable...

http://www.berryreporter.com/2010/06...via-bluetooth/

When I had a BB 9000, I could only ever get it tethering via USB. With this 9900, nothing worked until I tried the URL above.

Fido told me before that tethering is "always enabled" for their BB data users. They just don't support it.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    BTW, getting 0.6Mbps down and 0.5Mpbs up. Don't know if this is good, but it's GOOOD ENOUGH!

BTW, I'm on a MacBook Air running OS 10.6.x.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by svtquattro View Post
    I have an unlocked 9900 on Fido. I only see "3G" except in a very few areas where H+ shows up.

For those Vancouverites, that would be in the "Highgate" area of Burnaby. Weird.

Anyone tethering with a 9900 on Fido?
    I have an unlocked, unbranded 9900 on Fido (actually never-locked since I got it straight from RIM) and I have never seen H+ in Ottawa, only 3G. My SIM is about five years old I think.

For tethering, I can do bluetooth tethering just fine, and USB tethering works through the desktop manager, but I don't think we get the service books for mobile hotspot. I really hope that will change with the release of the 9790.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbrownfox View Post
    For tethering, I can do bluetooth tethering just fine, and USB tethering works through the desktop manager, but I don't think we get the service books for mobile hotspot. I really hope that will change with the release of the 9790.
    Wifi mobile hotspot now works for me! I'm not sure if something changed on the Fido side, or if it was activated by a firmware upgrade, but I'm happy.

Device(s)
    Bold 9900
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else having BIS issues with Fido today?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16GB Factory Unlocked (Black)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know if the 6GB BB data plan will be LTE compatible?

I use my iphone with this plan mostly, but enjoy the ability to switch back to a BB when i feel like it. With iPhone 5 presumably having LTE, it obviously would like to have the LTE connectivity without having to switch back to the regular 6GB plan.
    EPP 200/Unl. E/WE+Eve. 5pm: $17.50
    iPhone Value Pack+VVmail: $15.00
    Credit: Monthly Fee Discount: -$10.00
    Credit: Monthly Fee Discount: -$7.00
    6 GB BB Data Plan: $30.00

Sub-Total: $45.50

Total (After Tax): $51.45

Feedback Score
    I have a Fido BB plan for my Bold. It broke they don`t have Bolds anymore. I had to get a Q5 or Q10.
    They told me at the store if I got a Q5 I could keep my existing plan. If I got the Q10 I would have to get one of their new Smartplans.
    II got the Q5 and haven`t been able to do get my emails on it or do BBM.

I just called Fido and now they say I have to get a new Smartplan for my Q5 also.

SO WHICH IS CORRECT. I don`t want a more expensive Smartplan if I can avoid it. I want my existing BB plan instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzinc View Post
    I have a Fido BB plan for my Bold. It broke they don`t have Bolds anymore. I had to get a Q5 or Q10.
    They told me at the store if I got a Q5 I could keep my existing plan. If I got the Q10 I would have to get one of their new Smartplans.
    II got the Q5 and haven`t been able to do get my emails on it or do BBM.

I just called Fido and now they say I have to get a new Smartplan for my Q5 also.

SO WHICH IS CORRECT. I don`t want a more expensive Smartplan if I can avoid it. I want my existing BB plan instead.
    It suppose to work...

Is your Blackberry Q5 is from Fido?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    It suppose to work...

Is your Blackberry Q5 is from Fido?
    yes it is from Fido and I used my Fido dollars to get it

3 Fido people said I could keep my existing BB plan now they are telling me I can`t

Device(s)
    SM-N910W8, SM-G935W8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    When you said BB plan, is it one of those unlimited social or messaging only or also including the browsing etc? The newer blackberries use the same kind of data as android, iphone etc out there. So if you have one of those "simplified bb feature only" plan, then that might be it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzinc View Post
    yes it is from Fido and I used my Fido dollars to get it

3 Fido people said I could keep my existing BB plan now they are telling me I can`t
    So what is your package then?

Feedback Score
    Is bb 9360 working in Cancun Mexico?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    So what is your package then?
    i belive what tzinc plan is the BB plan i mean not data surf, only can use BBM. i have the same plan with FIDO, 25$/month and only can use BBM and the rest when i am on wifi. i used with a BB 9780, the problem is now i switch to Z10 and looks like that plan not works with BB10 (Z10, Z30, Q5, Q10).... i belive should be a way to still use only BBM with the old plan (BIS) but i cannot find the way

Feedback Score
    Just came back from Cancun, bb is working

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43