Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Fido Blackberry FAQ - All BB Questions And Answers HERE

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I think it is necessary for this thread, if people can be have, to stay open. It is important that people have a way and place to vent about their customer service issues so that the powers above can hopefully hear about them and deal with it.

Feedback Score
    I have a few questions, would I be able to remove the blackberry package whenever I want? Also would I be able to use my fido dollars to pay for it?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^If you add data with a 3 year committment for a hardware subsidy, there will be a max $100 fee to remove it...but you can change to another data plan at anytime no charge.

If you add data on a month to month basis, there is no fee to remove it. You can try Berry data up to 2 months using your Fido Dollars if you wish...after which, it will automatically convert to the monthly version. This won't work if you are renewing your contract and taking contract data though...only MTM data.

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Pin release

Q: Oh noes! I no longer have contact with the original owner. Am I screwed??
    A: There is a loophole that works for many people. Once you have an active BB plan on your account, try registering your device directly from the phone itself. Go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Cable > Hit the BB button and select "register now".

Have anyone tried this and get the pin released. Just bought a Verizon Storm and the original didn't removed the BIS account from Verizon. Try phone Verzion no luck, and phone Fido no luck, what should i do?????

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Anyone using the GPS/Maps with fido? Is there any modifying required or once you inserted your fido card and connected to BIS the icon should appear and work. Just wondering cause I've heard things about having to get service books etc.

Feedback Score
    Hi, a newbie question.
    I am loving my new 8900 curve but its driving me insane as I can only receive sms but not send. what can i do to resolve this problem? I have no data plan and am able to gain access using pay per usage. Any feed backs would be really appreciated. Thankss.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is the 15$ plan compatible with the 6GB/30 & the 15$ SMVP..?

thx!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a in yul
    Is the 15$ plan compatible with the 6GB/30 & the 15$ SMVP..?

thx!

That would have been nice, but, unfortunately, no. Taken from Justin's initial Q&A post:

Q: Can I add a Blackberry data plan on top of my existing data plan?
    A: No. You cannot have more than one data option of any kind on your line

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator HF 2
    That would have been nice, but, unfortunately, no. Taken from Justin's initial Q&A post:

Q: Can I add a Blackberry data plan on top of my existing data plan?
    A: No. You cannot have more than one data option of any kind on your line
    thx for your input, although i saw the same info on the first page i was hoping that since the 15$ option is email only & no browsing, that i would be able to keep the data plan for the browsing feature...

i am ready to try the BB feature but do not want to give up the 6/30 plan.., heres to hoping that this policy changes in the future..

they can increase ARPU easily by allowing this.. (instead of canceling 30$, adding 15$ net chnage in $ values is -15$)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a in yul
    thx for your input, although i saw the same info on the first page i was hoping that since the 15$ option is email only & no browsing, that i would be able to keep the data plan for the browsing feature...

i am ready to try the BB feature but do not want to give up the 6/30 plan.., heres to hoping that this policy changes in the future..

they can increase ARPU easily by allowing this.. (instead of canceling 30$, adding 15$ net chnage in $ values is -15$)

I think there are many that would wish for this along with myself. I would not be too eager either to give up the $30.00 / 6 gig pack for the BB $30.00 / 1 gig BIS pack.

Still, that would be a nice combo to have though.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    hmm, i guess that means that the definitive answer is a resounding "NO"..., ok thanks again for your time!

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiaforever
    Anyone using the GPS/Maps with fido? Is there any modifying required or once you inserted your fido card and connected to BIS the icon should appear and work. Just wondering cause I've heard things about having to get service books etc.
    anyone got the GPS working with their rogers unlocked bold on Fido?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiaforever
    anyone got the GPS working with their rogers unlocked bold on Fido?
    How about you send me the Bold I bought from you? Scammer

Device(s)
    Treo 680
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I was using the Fido Blackberry Connect data plan and then I switch to the new BB data plans now my email does not work. I'm able to send a PIN message but not able to send or receive any email messages. Help. Do I need to change some settings on my phone.

Device(s)
    LTE Hotspot 763S (Fido $50 Unlimited Data)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeve
    I was using the Fido Blackberry Connect data plan and then I switch to the new BB data plans now my email does not work. I'm able to send a PIN message but not able to send or receive any email messages. Help. Do I need to change some settings on my phone.
    Probably the data books are different between BB Connect and BIS. You should try to resend the books. If that doesn't work, try manually deleting the BB Connect data books on the blackberry, then resend them (hopefully they send you the BIS ones. If even that doesn't work, then re-setup your email.
    Line 1: $56 Smart Plan
    Unlimited Canadian Voice
    Unlimited International SMS/MMS
    2GB Data
    VM/CID/CF

Line 2: $50 Unlimited Data
    ZDATA (no Voice/SMS capabilities)
    Unlimited Data (GPUNL)

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast