Thread: Call forwarding - want to forward all calls to voicemail - not working

Carriers
    US: T-Mobile, AT&T; CA: Rogers, Bell
    Global: Tru, eKit, Mobal, Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score

Question Call forwarding - want to forward all calls to voicemail - not working

Hi all. I just tried to forward my calls to voicemail and it is not working. This would be very handy if I were roaming in say Canada or Mexico, where an unanswered call will zap money out! My AT&T prepaid line does it just fine. Why not T-Mobile? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? I want to forward all calls to voice-mail unconditionally.

Phones
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Rogers SonyEricsson c510 (unlocked)
    Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB (unlocked)
    Carrier
    Fido | Rogers | Red Pocket Mobile | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam917
    Hi all. I just tried to forward my calls to voicemail and it is not working. This would be very handy if I were roaming in say Canada or Mexico, where an unanswered call will zap money out! My AT&T prepaid line does it just fine. Why not T-Mobile? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? I want to forward all calls to voice-mail unconditionally.
    I don't believe that you're doing anything wrong. T-Mobile prepaid doesn't have unconditional call forwarding. The conditional call forwarding is also locked to send it to voice mail.

In regards to roaming in Canada and having it deplete your account balance, I believe that if your prepaid account is set correctly, it won't deplete anything. I had a problem where it was depleting my balance (by $0.69 for every unanswered call that I received in Canada). This happened when I was inadvertently given someone's active T-Mobile postpaid account. When they fixed this problem for me, I was no longer getting charged when I didn't answer my T-Mobile prepaid phone while I was physically in Canada.
    Fido (monthly plan - personal/data): Novatel Wireless MC950D or Nokia CS-18

Rogers (pay as you go - Canadian prepaid): "Fido" LG Nexus-4

Rogers (monthly BIS data plan): Blackberry Q10

Lycamobile (US prepaid): Sony-Ericsson c510 or Sony-Ericsson w300i

T-Mobile (US prepaid): unlocked Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB or "Fido" Samsung Nexus-S

My Tech Blog

Carriers
    US: T-Mobile, AT&T; CA: Rogers, Bell
    Global: Tru, eKit, Mobal, Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo
    I don't believe that you're doing anything wrong. T-Mobile prepaid doesn't have unconditional call forwarding. The conditional call forwarding is also locked to send it to voice mail.

In regards to roaming in Canada and having it deplete your account balance, I believe that if your prepaid account is set correctly, it won't deplete anything. I had a problem where it was depleting my balance (by $0.69 for every unanswered call that I received in Canada). This happened when I was inadvertently given someone's active T-Mobile postpaid account. When they fixed this problem for me, I was no longer getting charged when I didn't answer my T-Mobile prepaid phone while I was physically in Canada.
    Awesome. Now I wonder why that can't be the case for postpaid accounts when you don't answer a call whilst abroad.

So next time I travel there, perhaps I should forward my calls from my postpaid line to the prepaid so I can at least see it ringing and decide if I want to answer it or not (and call them back).