Thread: Bypassing the pin code

Feedback Score

Bypassing the pin code

My daughter has a Verizon HTC Touch and has set a unlock code to use phone and the time has come to be nosey.

Is there a way to get passed the unlock pin so I can view text, contacts, etc.

Also, Is there a keylogger style program available?

Device(s)
    TWO SAMSUNG OMNIA II i8000'S
    Carrier(s)
    BELL ( Fido CSR )
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

only way i can think u can get by the lock code is by pressing tha green 'talk' key and red 'end' key at tha same time pushing tha stylus into the reset hole ''CAUSING THA PHONE TO HARDRESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT"" wont help you in snooping thru your daughters phone but could help gaining access to a locked phone you stole or found or cant remember Pin, or if it wont bootup, is frozzen glitched etc lol

Device(s)
    HTC Touch 6900
    Carrier(s)
    the big red money sucking goblin
    Feedback Score
    ask her for it. if she won't tell you, take the phone away from her.
    Check out www.dtkeith.com for original content, RSS feeds and a good blog!
    I sold my soul to Freddy Flash and all I got for it was this lousy sig!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisstine
    it's ok. size doesn't matter to me just as long as it's comfortable in the hand.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC S640: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

If she finds out you did it, you're going to be hated.

I'd be careful, if you own the phone then it's almost defensible. If it is her phone, rate plan, you can bet legal issues might arise.

If you don't trust who she is talking to then take the phone away, the short-term hatred of that will be far less damaging than truly invading her privacy and being discovered.

Feedback Score
    i just got the touch pro and i cant get in to my picture mail with out a code what is it i never set one

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    hmm... if you dial *228 and reprogram the phone it resets the phones passcode :P atleast it has on all my verizon phones so far.

Device(s)
    LG ENV 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would take the phone away or have her unlock it for me. You trying to sneek into the phone isn't going to work as well as asking permission. If your daughter wants something private, give her a diary. My feeling is you need to pay attention to the who, what and where of your child's life. It's your job to teach your child. Your her parent not her friend. If you can be both, that's great. But when your concerned for your child act like a parent. When my children get a phone I'm going to make sure I have a talk with them before they get it. I will make sure that one of the topics will be that I have full access to the phone. My feeling is that it's my job to keep them safe. I will have full access to my childs computer and phone. That's my 2 cents.
    Bill