Thread: Does the 3g iphone case fit the 2g iphone?

Phone
    N82
    Carrier
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score

Does the 3g iphone case fit the 2g iphone?

Does it?

I tried searching but i kept getting an error.

Phones
    iPhone 8gb
    Sidekick II
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    nope.. the 2g is slightly different shaped on the back - they require their own cases..

Phone
    iPhone 4S, Samsung Captivate, MiFi 2200
    Carriers
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It depends on the case. They aren't going to fit perfectly, but some of the rubberized cases fit decently well. The only problem is that the sensors are in different places, so if the case covers up that top part of the front of the phone, you will have issues with that. I used my old case for about a week while my new case was on the way. Its not ideal but some cases will be okay. Thats just my experience.
    Rock, Chalk!

Phones
    iPhone 3G 16gb
    LG ku990
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The 3G is larger than the first generation iphone. So it depends on the style and type of case. I have some 2G cases that my 3G fits in, it is a tight fit usually. If you are asking about pouch type cases or sleeves you are probably ok. But any type of molded case will be large and not fit properly.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4
    Sony Ericsson w580i
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    No. Friend had a first gen iPhone, bought a 3G case...did not fit at all (It was a Belkin Silicone Case) It was too big, so I think that the 3G cases would be too big for the first gen.
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel? Plz? Kthxbai.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/m1ndgam3z

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Phones
    Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Apple iPhone 4S 64GB
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Dimensions of the Original iPhone and the 3G are slightly different, some iPhone "O" cases have been reportedly fitted with the 3G unfortunately if you switch this from a 3G to an iPhone "O" (Original) this is not the case, since the 3G is taller and thinner than the "O" so if you want to get a case for a 2G"O" iPhone might as well buy one thats actually designed for it, i dont recommend spending your money in a case that wont fit, its like if your shoe size was 7 and you buy a 9 size them shoes will feel as boats on you, i can picture my son who is 2 years old putting his Daddy's shoes on haha:P is the same case with them iPhone Gens, either way buy a case that fits or stay naked, i know that with so many cool designs for the 3G, all iPhone O owners want one but really it's not a good idea, sorry Dude, i wish we had better news for you, but ain't gonna happen.