Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Tracfone Double minutes ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0

    Tracfone Double minutes ?

    Hi all newbe here,Does anyone know if Tracfone's double minutes also double the time you have to use them. Like $19.99 buys 60 minutes and you have 90 days to use them, if you have there double minutes for life would that double the 90 days to 180 days?
    Thanks
    Joe

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Blue NoVA
    Posts
    2,109
    Phones
    Nokia 2600,6010,3585i
    LG Optimus L9,iPhone 3GS & 4S,Palm Pixi Plus
    Samsung SGH-A437,SCH-i730,SGH-T419
    Carrier
    GoPhonex3 PagePlusx2 TMo2Go Tracfone Ptel
    Feedback Score
    0
    No. It just doubles the minutes. So it'd be 120 minutes/90 days.
    Current:Former:
    Hi, my name is Jairzinho and I've been Wireless Contract-free for 14 years!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Carolina, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    8,198
    Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Also remember that only the minutes you are paying for, get doubled. Extra minutes from bonus codes or other promotions do not get doubled.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    45
    Phones
    Motorola W376g
    LG 800G
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CeluGeek
    Also remember that only the minutes you are paying for, get doubled. Extra minutes from bonus codes or other promotions do not get doubled.
    Also (just learned this today), minutes added under the Value Plans are not doubled, even with the DMFL phones. Only minutes you buy ala a card are doubled.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,796
    Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by steelwill
    Also (just learned this today), minutes added under the Value Plans are not doubled, even with the DMFL phones. Only minutes you buy ala a card are doubled.



    Hmmmm..you may want to check that again......where did you get that info?

    This is quoted from the Value Plans TC:

    "All minutes included with any Value Plan are not subject to doubling under the Double Minute Prepaid Plan or the Double Minute Autopay program, nor will any bonus promotional offers apply to these minutes. However, TRACFONE serial numbers that have added the Double Minute for Life card will have their Value Plan minutes doubled"


    There has been some discussion lately, not sure if it was on this forum, about what the Double Minute Prepaid Plan and the Double Minute Autopay programs are or were.

    But none the less, what we have offered now is double minutes for life.
    Having to wait even an hour to get a prepaid wireless plan pin from an online dealer or pin seller is NOT great, good or even mediocre customer service when you consider this instant internet age we live in. Why let anyone convince you otherwise? Understaffed is what it's called.(Two is not a team)

    I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    45
    Phones
    Motorola W376g
    LG 800G
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    Hmmmm..you may want to check that again......where did you get that info?

    This is quoted from the Value Plans TC:

    "All minutes included with any Value Plan are not subject to doubling under the Double Minute Prepaid Plan or the Double Minute Autopay program, nor will any bonus promotional offers apply to these minutes. However, TRACFONE serial numbers that have added the Double Minute for Life card will have their Value Plan minutes doubled"


    There has been some discussion lately, not sure if it was on this forum, about what the Double Minute Prepaid Plan and the Double Minute Autopay programs are or were.

    But none the less, what we have offered now is double minutes for life.
    AHA!! That's GREAT!!

    I got my answer this morning from Marcia, of the Miami CS office. But, as Jimates says, Tracfone often doesn't know what they are talking about.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,878
    Feedback Score
    0
    According to various correspondents, the Value Plan minutes do double.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    27
    Phones
    Moto W376g - Active
    Moto C261 - Deactivated
    Carrier
    Tracfone - At&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote:

    "All minutes included with any Value Plan are not subject to doubling under the Double Minute Prepaid Plan or the Double Minute Autopay program, nor will any bonus promotional offers apply to these minutes.
    However, TRACFONE serial numbers that have added the Double Minute for Life card will have their Value Plan minutes doubled"

    I subscribe to the $9.95 monthly value plan. I can confirm that the minutes DO DOUBLE. For the 50 Mins purchased, I receive 100 Min, 30 days of service.
    I signed on to my account and cannot even see an option for the "Double Minute Prepaid Plan or the Double Minute Autopay program"(s) mentioned above.
    For what it's worth, I have never had an instance where I have added time where my minutes did not double. This includes cards, direct phone purchase or third party purchase. (Does not include the disclosed "Minutes have already been doulbled" DMFL 400 Min Cards). No need to purchase a DMFL card since the phone already has it!
    I find if you have the DMFL phone, the Value plan(s) basically gives you 10 cents per minute without having to enter discount codes. This is all I use now unless I run low on time which has not happened for quite a while now.
    I know there are ones that have gotten time for less, but my time is more valuable than spending that additional time looking for codes to save a couple cents a minute.

    There is a lot of false information posted.
    So therefore, as Jim stated. "Research, Research, Research!"

    Doug

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    33
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anyone just called the sales people at TF? it would save time in finding out if the DMFL apply. Ithink the can say best if we get the mins doubled or not.

    CC

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western Pa.
    Posts
    1,749
    Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ccorsair
    Has anyone just called the sales people at TF? it would save time in finding out if the DMFL apply. Ithink the can say best if we get the mins doubled or not.

    CC
    call 2 times and you will likely get 2 different answers.

    what is better than asking the people that have dmfl phones on the value plans. They know for sure whether they get the minutes doubled or not.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    25
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just ordered two TF phones, haven't got them yet, but is there customer service really that bad? Another question, I'm getting the W376g phone, any thing I should know about this phone?
    Thanks
    Joe

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mo, Tx
    Posts
    2,988
    Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd50
    I just ordered two TF phones, haven't got them yet, but is there customer service really that bad? Another question, I'm getting the W376g phone, any thing I should know about this phone?
    Thanks
    Joe
    Trac CS has good days and bad days. Unit transfers are usually pretty painless. Number porting nearly brought me to tears. It depends on the CSR you get and their familiarity with what you're trying to do.

    The W376g is about as good as Tracfones get. Most of the usefulness of bluetooth has been disabled. The web browser button is poorly positioned causing me to hit it by mistake several times costing me 1/2 unit per - I've learned to be careful. I can find no way to edit the quick notes to keep a record of info I want to keep handy on the phone. You can add a new quick note but it goes to the bottom of the list making it a bit of a chore to get to.

    The W376g is the best phone I've ever used for finding a signal and also has the best voice quality. The two most important things I want in a cell phone.



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western Pa.
    Posts
    1,749
    Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    0
    I wish they had a special number for those of us that just want the basics without all the politeness. Like another extension for seasoned callers.

    Hell, I wish we could do it all online but since we can't it would be nice to just email all the info to them and wait for the transfer to show up. I never enter the *7866##6687* anyways, I just pretend. But then that might give them more time to research and we wouldn't want that.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Over There!
    Posts
    18,833
    Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Whats *7866##6687* do?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    895
    Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    Whats *7866##6687* do?
    Deletes all the minutes on your phone. I hope you haven't already tried it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks