Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile: Future problems "call failed" "network busy" "circuits busy"

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile: Future problems "call failed" "network busy" "circuits busy"

With the new $49.99 unlimited plan on the way I can only assume I will be seeing more of this, especially in my area. I live just outside of a HUGE Flexpay market that often has "network busy" problems... I am sure this WILL NOT help.

Maybe if they speed up 3G...

What do you think?

Phones
    Casio G'zOne Boulder in Orange with front speaker on The Network baby!
    Apple iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray on AT&T
    Sony Ericsson w810i on T-Mobile
    Carriers
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    When you watch something you LOVE so much die such a painful death, it makes moving on IMPOSSIBLE.
    Feedback Score
    What market are you in?
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so. Where I live there are six wireless carriers, all offering unlimited plans and for most of them, those are their flagship or even their only plans. If anything, it has helped with the system busies because people don't wait until after 9PM to jump all over the free N&W time. I'd say, there may be some congestion (if at all) the first couple of weeks because of the novelty, but it'll wear off.

Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    3g will allow calls to spill over on to AWS spectrum in large markets. Has never been a major issue for me though

Phones
    T-Mobile G1
    Nokia E61i (backup)
    Nokia N810
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wait, where's the info on this new $49 unlimited plan???

[Nevermind, found a blurb about it on Tmo News]
    Last edited by johnkzin; 02-18-2009 at 07:15 AM.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Sony Xperia Ion AWS HSPA + LTE
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Simple Plan 4 lines (unlimited on one and 2.5GB sharing on another) $130 | 4.5GB MBB
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

we had such problem before 3G came out
    it's a lot better now

Phones
    HTC Amaze 4G
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Motorola Defy
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    In 7 year I've got that message twice. Once during the 2003 blackout. with every other carrier I've had I got that message many times. So until it starts happening many times, I'm not worried.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    With the new $49.99 unlimited plan on the way I can only assume I will be seeing more of this, especially in my area. I live just outside of a HUGE Flexpay market that often has "network busy" problems... I am sure this WILL NOT help.

Maybe if they speed up 3G...

What do you think?
    Well, you know what ASSume means right?

Seriously, you don't believe that engineers plan for the load on their networks? If they didn't they'd be highly irresponsible. Now if you gave unlimited use to the network to all customers there might be something, but consider your home phone. How often do you pick up the phone and have to wait for dial tone? Probably never unless there's been an earthquake or something that causes everyone to take their phone off the hook at the same time.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom
    Well, you know what ASSume means right?

Seriously, you don't believe that engineers plan for the load on their networks? If they didn't they'd be highly irresponsible. Now if you gave unlimited use to the network to all customers there might be something, but consider your home phone. How often do you pick up the phone and have to wait for dial tone? Probably never unless there's been an earthquake or something that causes everyone to take their phone off the hook at the same time.
    It happened here during the summer and in Jan with the earthquake in So. Cal. AWS 1700mhz should fix this when it gets deployed

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna
    It happened here during the summer and in Jan with the earthquake in So. Cal. AWS 1700mhz should fix this when it gets deployed
    Engineers plan networks for ordinary situations. They don't make them so robust that they never suffer slowdowns or interruptions. They can't afford to. Wire line networks are the same.

Phones
    T-Mobile G1
    Nokia E61i (backup)
    Nokia N810
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom
    Engineers plan networks for ordinary situations. They don't make them so robust that they never suffer slowdowns or interruptions. They can't afford to. Wire line networks are the same.
    Depends on the engineers, the specs they were given, etc.

In some situations, networks ARE planned and engineered for high levels of redundancy and traffic congestion. The internet as a whole, for example, was designed to route traffic around slowdowns and interrupted segments.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless (Since March 2002)
    Feedback Score
    GSM is prone to all circuits busy message, due to timeslots only allowing so many calls. My co-worker used to deal with that a lot with T-Mobile prior to AWS & 3G. UMTS isn't as prone to it, as it's based similar to CDMA, and can handle more calls. With T-Mobile having 20-30mhz of AWS in many major cities, you shouldn't have the issue as much. For PCS in the Chicago market, T-Mobile I believe only has 10mhz, but 30mhz of AWS (10mhz Great Lakes E block, & the 20mhz A block). So hopefully for a market like Chicago, they won't have as many all circuits busy messages.

Phone
    N1 & G2 next up=Samsung Tab
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkzin
    Depends on the engineers, the specs they were given, etc.

In some situations, networks ARE planned and engineered for high levels of redundancy and traffic congestion. The internet as a whole, for example, was designed to route traffic around slowdowns and interrupted segments.
    Correct! Traffic levels are monitored and planned for. Even equipment choices are made with traffic levels in mind. The Alcatel media gateway works great for Seattle, but can't handle the load in NY or LA so Ericsson media gateways would be a better choice. A network is not designed for unlimited capacity, it is built to meet projected demands and expanded as conditions warrant.

T1's are commonly utilized to backhaul traffic from cell sites, but going forward expect carriers in major markets to use fiber to the cell sites. If Fios can be delivered to your home, why not a cell site? Both AT&T and Verizon are aggressively building out their fiber networks and it just makes sense to use them for backhaul.
    Unplugged Since 1999

Phones
    TMO G1
    BB 8120
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unplugged
    The Alcatel media gateway works great for Seattle, but can't handle the load in NY or LA so Ericsson media gateways would be a better choice.
    Not really, Seattle is running into the same problems as LA and NY, but isn't as bad.
    We're working on fixing LA and NY first, then moving onto the other markets.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Sony Xperia Ion AWS HSPA + LTE
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Simple Plan 4 lines (unlimited on one and 2.5GB sharing on another) $130 | 4.5GB MBB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave73
    GSM is prone to all circuits busy message, due to timeslots only allowing so many calls. My co-worker used to deal with that a lot with T-Mobile prior to AWS & 3G. UMTS isn't as prone to it, as it's based similar to CDMA, and can handle more calls. With T-Mobile having 20-30mhz of AWS in many major cities, you shouldn't have the issue as much. For PCS in the Chicago market, T-Mobile I believe only has 10mhz, but 30mhz of AWS (10mhz Great Lakes E block, & the 20mhz A block). So hopefully for a market like Chicago, they won't have as many all circuits busy messages.
    then I can tell the similar situation in NYC (see my other post at coverage forum)
    I encountered "circuit busy" error often before 3G launched
    T-Mobile only has 10MHz PCS license, but 30MHz AWS license (block A and E)
    and currently T-Mobile only use block E for 3G, and the traffic handled well
    we don't have to worry about it till customer base hits 40 meg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast