Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: Transfer Net10 Minutes between phones?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Over There!
    Posts
    18,829
    Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    0

    Transfer Net10 Minutes between phones?

    Is this even the correct forum to discuss net10?

    Is it possible to transfer on net10?

    Is it frowned upon?

    Was thinking of purchasing a few starter kits cheap which include 300 minutes on each, can those be transferred?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western Pa.
    Posts
    1,744
    Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can transfer them just like Tracfone.
    Same restrictions for online transfers, can't transfer to an active gsm phone online. They use the same CS so they are more than happy to transfer minutes from one phone to another when you call them.

    With the Nokia refurb bundle you can get down around 3 cents a minute.
    coupon code 34567 gives $5 off when you order.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Over There!
    Posts
    18,829
    Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates
    You can transfer them just like Tracfone.
    Same restrictions for online transfers, can't transfer to an active gsm phone online. They use the same CS so they are more than happy to transfer minutes from one phone to another when you call them.

    With the Nokia refurb bundle you can get down around 3 cents a minute.
    coupon code 34567 gives $5 off when you order.
    Thats the one that comes with 600 minutes?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western Pa.
    Posts
    1,744
    Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    Thats the one that comes with 600 minutes?
    The Nokia 1600 refurb bundle. Comes with the phone and 300 minutes at activation and a 300 minute airtime card.

    Add 1 to your cart, when you view the cart is will show a $5 discount. Enter code 34567 and it will change the discount to $8.

    If you only order one at a time with the $8 discount, you get 600 minutes for $22 + tax. 6% tax = $23.32 / 600 = 3.886 cents per min.

    You can order multiple one at a time multiple times.
    Activate the phones and then transfer them all together. Add the airtime cards as needed.

    The airtime cards sell on ebay for almost face value. Fees for selling the card would be $5. After selling the card that makes the deal FREE.
    One phone with 300 minutes for FREE is as cheap as it gets.

    If anyone wants to discuss a deal to broker the cards let me know.
    Last edited by jimates; 02-20-2009 at 01:22 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Over There!
    Posts
    18,829
    Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Not bad.

    So if I ordered 3...

    I could technically have 900 minutes + 3 300 minute cards (and add those as needed?)

    Net10 would not shut me down for "loss prevention" reasons?

    When woulud it be considered pushing the limit?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western Pa.
    Posts
    1,744
    Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    Not bad.

    So if I ordered 3...

    I could technically have 900 minutes + 3 300 minute cards (and add those as needed?)

    Net10 would not shut me down for "loss prevention" reasons?

    When woulud it be considered pushing the limit?
    Since the minutes are all legit paid for minutes you should have no problems. The problems come when transferring questionable minutes. Or maybe if you transfered a lot, like 10.

    Even then they just ask for proof of purchase. You will have the invoices to show you bought them.

    If you don't want to call and do the transfers you can do it all online.
    Activate the first phone then transfer to the second then to the third. If you want to get a better phone than the Nokia you can then just transfer everything to the better phone.

    With Net10 you only get 60 days with the 300 minutes so if you want 1 year you have to do 5 deals.
    1 year and 3000 minutes.
    250 minutes a month
    Under $9.75 a month

    There are some postpaid plans with less minutes per month than that for a lot more money.

    If you decide to buy and don't mind clicking through an affiliate link so my friend can get a small commission on the purchase, let me know and I will supply the link.

    I checked Fatwallet and they don't pay rebates to Net10, only Tracfone.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    outside of Atlanta
    Posts
    90
    Phones
    Motorola i776
    LG CU500
    LG 600G
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    So if I ordered 3...

    I could technically have 900 minutes + 3 300 minute cards (and add those as needed?)

    Net10 would not shut me down for "loss prevention" reasons?

    When wouldn't it be considered pushing the limit?
    I wouldn't order more than one at a time, since the shipping is free, the discount only gets applied once to an order so you would be paying more if you buy them 3 at a time:

    $30 * 3 = $90 - $5 = $85 - $3 (code 34567) = $82 + tax (three at a time : one order)

    instead of buying and shipping them separately:

    $30 - $5 = $25 - $3 (code 34567) = $22 * 3 = $66 + tax (one at a time : 3 separate orders)

    The second way saves you $16.
    THREE BUNDLES = 1800 minutes and 1 year of active service

    (300 minutes * 6 and 60 days * 6)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Over There!
    Posts
    18,829
    Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Oh so each time I get a new one I will ADD 60 days of service?

    So if I buy 3 I could technically have 60 + 60 + 60 days of service = 180 days, and 900 minutes before I even add any cards.

    Sure, PM me the link. Its the least I could do for your help.

    So you can transfer mins online, I was under the impression you could not and had to call?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    outside of Atlanta
    Posts
    90
    Phones
    Motorola i776
    LG CU500
    LG 600G
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    Oh so each time I get a new one I will ADD 60 days of service?

    So if I buy 3 I could technically have 60 + 60 + 60 days of service = 180 days, and 900 minutes before I even add any cards.

    Sure, PM me the link. Its the least I could do for your help.

    So you can transfer mins online, I was under the impression you could not and had to call?
    You MUST call Customer Service to transfer the minutes/days.
    Make sure you tell them that you want to keep your same phone number.

    The transfer of minutes from a new phone to an old phone can NOT be done online (yet).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western Pa.
    Posts
    1,744
    Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicFire
    You MUST call Customer Service to transfer the minutes/days.
    Make sure you tell them that you want to keep your same phone number.

    The transfer of minutes from a new phone to an old phone can NOT be done online (yet).
    You only MUST call if the phone you are transferring to is ALREADY ACTIVE.

    If all the phones are new you can activate one then transfer to another. It can all be done online just like Tracfone transfers.

    If you can't do it give me the info for the phones and I will do it for you.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Over There!
    Posts
    18,829
    Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    0
    So if I buy the 3 kits,

    Activate 1... then activate the 2nd I can auto transfer the 300 to the 2nd for 600 mins, and activate the 3rd and transfer those 600 minutes for a total of 900 and 180 days of service?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    894
    Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    So if I buy the 3 kits,

    Activate 1... then activate the 2nd I can auto transfer the 300 to the 2nd for 600 mins, and activate the 3rd and transfer those 600 minutes for a total of 900 and 180 days of service?
    Since they are GSM, you will want to do the port and activation at the same time. If you activate first, then you won't be able to port without calling and getting a new sim card.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Time to Transfer

    I was just trying to transfer a number and minutes between two Net10 phones and it said that it would take up to 2 business days. Does it usually take 2 days?

    thanks,
    cathy

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    My main question is does the new refurb phone you want to transfer minutes from have to be activated with a number etc to to do the transfer?
    I bought a 1600 bundle and the net10 operator told me the minutes are part of the phone and can't be transferred was that just bs
    the refurb1600 has not been activated yet I just took the card thanks TC

    looks like the LG300 is the new deal
    http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/...sionId=4282035

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Over There!
    Posts
    18,829
    Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by djtopcat
    My main question is does the new refurb phone you want to transfer minutes from have to be activated with a number etc to to do the transfer?
    I bought a 1600 bundle and the net10 operator told me the minutes are part of the phone and can't be transferred was that just bs
    the refurb1600 has not been activated yet I just took the card thanks TC

    looks like the LG300 is the new deal
    http://www.net10-store.com/bpdirect/...sionId=4282035
    No I dont think that is true.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks