Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Net10 Minutes between phones?

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127
    What do you plan to do with all of those Nokia 1600's?
    I guess I will just pile them up next to all these other phones I have.

Maybe we will find a glitch for Net10.

As for used Tracfones:

You know with Google finally rolling out Google Voice (the revamped Grand Central) it gives us something to do with all these used tracfones.

hint: glitch + used phone = 300 minutes for one days usage. New phone with a new number every day.
    Last edited by jimates; 03-21-2009 at 12:37 AM.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Carriers
    Sprint
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    LOL........I may get bashed here......but.......are you serious????????????
    Yes. For someone's who's never done it before and wants to understand how it works before trying it.

Thanks jimates.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zzsignup
    Yes. For someone's who's never done it before and wants to understand how it works before trying it.

Thanks jimates.

The thing is the answer was in the same thread that the question was posed........good luck.

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Now lets say you have 2 active tracfones (or net10 phones)

And you want to merge them to become 1 (and keep using one of the same phones and #'s -- moving the days and units from one active phone to another active phone)

Can that be easily done? Without new sim cards?

I am willing to bet it would require at least a call to CS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary

And you want to merge them to become 1 (and keep using one of the same phones and #'s -- moving the days and units from one active phone to another active phone)

I've done it, but I was nervous because someone told me that CS has gotten it wrong before. I always constantly make sure that they understand which phone I want to keep and that they keep the correct phone number.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary

If the phone you want to transfer the minutes to is a gsm phone then yes you will have to call CS. You cannot transfer to an active gsm phone online.

If the phone you are transferring the minutes to already has the number you want to keep you will not need a new sim card. If you need to change the number on the receiving phone you will need a new sim card.

If the receiving phone is a cdma phone you can do it online.

Online, if the donor phone is gsm and the receiving phone is cdma you can either transfer the number from the gsm or keep the existing number on the cdma. Same way if you call CS.

Online, if both phones are cdma the number on the phone that you transfer the minutes from will have to transfer to the receiving phone. With CS you can transfer just the minutes & days.

When transferring, whether online or with CS, the donor phone is the "OLD PHONE" and the receiving phone is the "NEW PHONE". If transferring with CS make sure the understand whether you want to transfer the number or just the minutes and days.

Carriers
    Sprint
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The thing is the answer was in the same thread that the question was posed........good luck.
    Note I asked how to transfer TO a NEW GSM phone ONLINE... Something that wasn't covered until jimates's reply.

Feedback Score
    thank you all for the great information on transferring a new net 10 phone minutes & time onto the old one.

I may have answered my own question somewhat but I am about to do this online with my wife's phone so any feedback is much appreciated. Let me preface by saying that I would rather transfer my minutes and time online than through customer service. I understand that currently this cannot be done online from a new already activated phone which includes 300 to an "old" phone with remaining minutes/time. In my case of purchasing bundles of identical refurb phones with included airtime + cards and wanting to do it through the net10 website, would I have to always end up using the "new" phone by transferring my "old" phone's tel # minutes/time to the new one?

If I am correct about this last question, how do I do that? I see that the "transfer number" and "activate/reactivate" links take me to the same choices after loggin into the net10 account and I can select "Activate my NET10 phone with a number transferred from another NET10 phone." which then lets me pick my existing phone's serial # from the list and enter the new phone's serial and nickname.

I am guessing that the next page activates the phone and that is it.

So all that is left is to tranfer contacts to the new phone from the old every time I do this "upgrade" to an identical phone. Is anyone using a usb data cable and software to save/transfer contacts and could you point me in the right direction. I see tons on ebay for around $5 but not sure on compatibility and then software.

Feedback Score
    GOING FROM NEW PHONE W/MIN/TIME ONTO OLD:
    Unrelated to my last post but maybe helpful to some
    I called customer service and it took roughly 20 minutes but it works.

In my case i used the lg300 (refurb 300 included + 200 air card)

I purchased several of these phones a few weeks ago which are identical and these are the steps that I took to complete the transfer from new phone to old.

1st I had an activated phone (old phone) with # that i wanted to keep with remaining minutes and time
    2nd I followed the normal activation process for new phone on the website by clicking "Activate my NET10 phone with a new number, or Reactivate my NET10 phone." (phone activates with zero minutes and zero time left)
    3rd waited for phone to pickup on network for couple hours (power on and off) but it did not update minutes and time so I called the activation line and programmed using code entry mode which adds minutes and time.
    4th called tech support and they transferred the new phone minutes and time to old phone after a series of giving them the new phone's serial, sim tel # (had to pragram tel # for new phone 1st because there was not one assigned yet)

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by volmark
    GOING FROM NEW PHONE W/MIN/TIME ONTO OLD:
    Unrelated to my last post but maybe helpful to some
    I called customer service and it took roughly 20 minutes but it works.

In my case i used the lg300 (refurb 300 included + 200 air card)

I purchased several of these phones a few weeks ago which are identical and these are the steps that I took to complete the transfer from new phone to old.

1st I had an activated phone (old phone) with # that i wanted to keep with remaining minutes and time
    2nd I followed the normal activation process for new phone on the website by clicking "Activate my NET10 phone with a new number, or Reactivate my NET10 phone." (phone activates with zero minutes and zero time left)
    3rd waited for phone to pickup on network for couple hours (power on and off) but it did not update minutes and time so I called the activation line and programmed using code entry mode which adds minutes and time.
    4th called tech support and they transferred the new phone minutes and time to old phone after a series of giving them the new phone's serial, sim tel # (had to pragram tel # for new phone 1st because there was not one assigned yet)
    Well, here we go again folks........I dealt with all this with the infamous tipstir. Would somebody else PLEASE step in here and explain this to volmark? Thank you.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Well, here we go again folks........I dealt with all this with the infamous tipstir. Would somebody else PLEASE step in here and explain this to volmark? Thank you.
    If volmark had done just a little bit of research on the subject on HoFo (or elsewhere), he would know the horrors of repeated harvesting of minutes from new and/or refurbished phones.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Pick up all the phones that Trackfone knows you posess and KISS THEM GOODBY (along with the airtime).

Feedback Score
    i have been looking all over and have not found the horrors of harvesting minutes from new and or refurb phones.

What is wrong with doing that? Other than needing to update contacts in the new phone what is the problem? Will net 10 cut me off if I keep loggin in and upgrading through my own account?

Phone
    iPhone4 32GB
    Carriers
    AT&T (again)
    Sprint (retired)
    Feedback Score
    Warning - N00B Question

If I am porting a number out of Net10 with minutes, would I have to transfer the minutes before the port? Would the port automatically eliminate the minutes, if I did not transfer them first?

Thanks

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cityhopper
    Warning - N00B Question

If I am porting a number out of Net10 with minutes, would I have to transfer the minutes before the port? Would the port automatically eliminate the minutes, if I did not transfer them first?

Thanks
    Porting the number will deactivate the phone.
    You can't transfer anything from an inactive phone.

If you do port the number out you can reactivate the old phone.
    A new sim will be needed if it is a gsm phone.
    If you reactivate within 30 days the minutes that remained on the phone at the time of deactivation should come back.
    You will have to add an airtime card for reactivation unless you reactivate by transferring from another phone. If you transfer from another phone the minutes that did remain on the phone will likely be lost.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast