Thread: Boost Mobile Compatible Phones

Phone
    motorola crap
    Carrier
    at&t gophone
    Feedback Score

Question Boost Mobile Compatible Phones

I started this thread because I want to know which phones are compatible with the boost mobile network. For the starter pack, it tells you this on the website:

Boost™ 64K Starter Kit - Phone Compatibility

The Boost 64K Starter Kit enables new customers to activate a dormant Boost or Nextel phone on a Boost Mobile pay-as-you-go plan. This Starter Kit is compatible with the following Motorola phones:

i205, i215, i265, i285, i305, i315, i325, i415, i425, i450, i455, i530, i710, i730, i733, i736, i830, i835, i855, i860, i875, i885

:::But, I'm reading in threads here that all the iXXX phones can be used? Is this correct!? I really want the i880. So tell me...can I use it!?
    Please

Carriers
    Page Plus/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The i880 is identical to the i885. Just the i880 is released with nextel branding and the i885 with Boost branding. The i880 will work.

Phone
    Galaxy S4, ZTE Sonata
    Carrier
    VZW 4G Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vchat20
    The i880 is identical to the i885. Just the i880 is released with nextel branding and the i885 with Boost branding. The i880 will work.
    It will work for Voice and 2 way.

MMS and text messages may not due to internal (CP) configuration settings.

Carriers
    Page Plus/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My mom has an i880 that was Nextel branded and untouched and had no problems with text messages. The only codeplug related setting that I can recall is for the mms server and both boost's and nextel's are interchangeable (I currently have nextel's in my Boost i425 without an issue).

Phone
    Galaxy S4, ZTE Sonata
    Carrier
    VZW 4G Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    My mom has an i880 that was Nextel branded and untouched and had no problems with text messages. The only codeplug related setting that I can recall is for the mms server and both boost's and nextel's are interchangeable (I currently have nextel's in my Boost i425 without an issue).
    I have an i880 with the (CP) modified to boost data and mms settings.

I have a straight Nextel i880 with no modifications.

I may need to try the straight Nextel as messages are not that good with the modified CP model.

Phones
    Apple Iphone 4S
    Apple Iphone 4S
    Samsung Rugby II
    Carriers
    AT&T (AIO Wireless)
    Feedback Score
    I have used an I325IS, I580...interesting as on MyAccount there is an option for swapping handset IMEI's, I followed the instructions (which get you to do a reset on your phone) and my MMS, SMS and Web work fine. the i325 is a killer piece of hardware. Yeah it's big and all, but it would a signal at the depths of hell and survive the fire too.

Phone
    motorola crap
    Carrier
    at&t gophone
    Feedback Score

So all I have to do is put the Boost Mobile SIM into the i880, and it should work just fine? Should I buy the started pack or a cheaper Boost Mobile phone that comes with a SIM card and activate it, then put it into the i880?

Carriers
    Page Plus/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The starter pack will only work if the i880 has either not been activated (known as a clean IMEI) or has been activated by you (Customer service should then be able to transfer it over). If it has been previously owned and activated by someone else, it may be a problem.

Buying a boost phone with it's own sim kit you can activate it to that phone and swap it into the i880 afterwards.

The starter kit is generally cheaper, but you must have a phone you can personally vouch for.

But as has been noted, generally the large majority of Nextel phones will work and even be activated on Boost without a problem. But Boost phones to Nextel is not without messing with unlocking them first. But why anyone would want to do this I dunno. Almost all of the very few Boost phones have Nextel equivalents and those that don't (like the i425) aren't much worth it anyway with better offerings.

Phones
    motorola moto x
    motorola moto X
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have a nextel i570 on boost.
    Im not really able to do any web stuff.
    I can do text but recieving them at times is slow, as boost is known for, sent one at 8 pm, recieved it at 5:30 am the next day.
    I bought the phone on e bay used and bought a new boost sim card for $4.99 with $5 worth of call credits and had absolutely no problems activating it.
    I do have a boost i885 on the way to put my card into though, so maybe web will work, but if it doesnt, no biggie.
    The voce alone is worth $50 a month if you talk alot.