Thread: Why isn't my usage "reset" date or "cycle" date ever correct?

Phone
    iPhone 4, VX-10000, VX-8350
    Carrier
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Why isn't my usage "reset" date or "cycle" date ever correct?

Well I have always noticed this and it is driving me nuts so I was wondering if anyone else has this issue.

My cycle date is on the 20th of the month. So, on midnight of the 21st, the usage should be reset - correct? My minutes should be set to zero, my text usage should go to zero, etc. WELL, IT DOESN'T! For example, now if I call #MIN or #DATA or even look on the Verizon wireless website, it says my usage won't rest until NEXT month on the 20th (3/20/09) and yet my usage is still there! It then always takes another day or to (like until the 24th or so) for the usage to aucutally rest and show the correct next cycle date. (well, the nex rest date is right, isn't just nothing was rest yet.)

I mean, its false advertising. If it said my usage was to reset that day, then by the next day it should. Right now I am 2 text messages over my limit and this morning it should have reset so I could use another 500 but no, I have to keep waiting and checking (not to mention going over MORE) until it actually rests and I get everything back. What a rip off!

So I was wondering, is there something wrong with my account that it keeps doing this every month, or is this a normal Verizon problem that I'm just expected to put up with?

Phones
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    LG XV8560 (Chocolate3)
    [3G] Network Extender (VZW femtocell) SWEET!
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sdschramm
    It then always takes another day or to (like until the 24th or so) for the usage to aucutally rest and show the correct next cycle date.
    Right. Calm down. It's normal. Just note of advice: Always remember you are unique, just like everyone else!

-Frank

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sdschramm

I mean, its false advertising. If it said my usage was to reset that day, then by the next day it should. Right now I am 2 text messages over my limit and this morning it should have reset so I could use another 500 but no, I have to keep waiting and checking (not to mention going over MORE) until it actually rests and I get everything back. What a rip off!
    it is NOT false advertising.

Your usage IS reset on the first day of your new cycle, however you ESTIMATE of your usage may not update until later.

Read my post a few times for clarity and understanding, focus on the words in CAPS.

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (out there: BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.103 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

OMG FALSE ADVERTISING. I suggest a class action, complain to the news, the president, your mother, etc.

Hilarious.

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatothe0
    Wirelessly posted (out there: BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.103 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

OMG FALSE ADVERTISING. I suggest a class action, complain to the news, the president, your mother, etc.

Hilarious.
    To throw more fuel to the O.P.'s fire - the minutes and text message usage is NOT always exactly how it will be, this is an estimate. You could have delayed minute usage up to 90 days after you roamed on a cell tower show on your next bill. This is NOT unique to just VZW, it is all carriers with roaming agreements with other cell carriers.

O.P. - rest assured, if your bill cycle ended on the 20th, usually within 12 to 24 hours on the 21st your ESTIMATED usage will reset. Your situation is no different from anyone else's. Now, go have a nice cold beer and relax, its the weekend, and Obama just signed a stimulus package, all will be well with the world in a few days.
    I am no longer an employee of VZW, I left on good terms and still think VZW is the best network in the U.S. and most helpful CSR's in any industry.

God Bless our U.S. Military.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    Droid Incredible
    Samsung 4G LC11
    Carrier
    Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Um, also - #MIN and #BAL inquiries are free text messages.
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.
    Every time you ask whether you can use a VZW smartphone without a data plan, God kills a kitten.
    And by God, I mean me - and by kitten, I mean many kittens. So many kittens.

Mobile Phone History by Carrier - on Pastebin

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

Even if your useage estimate is off your bill cycle ended and your texts DID start over. If you are constantly going over by more than the cost of the next jump up in minutes and or texts you may want to think about jumping up to the next level. I understand the worry of being charged for going over each month but its just a phone plan.dont give it the power to ruin your day week or life. FWIW mine doesnt reset until a day later too and it gives me an extra day to see how i did last month and THE DATA COUNTER IS NEVER CLOSE TO BEING RIGHT so i use the phone counter just for kicks since i have unlimited data. Every month i get a credit for a mb on my secondary lines because they charge for 1 even though i have data blocked on them. Go figure
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phone
    iPhone 4, VX-10000, VX-8350
    Carrier
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses.
    The usage did reset this morning.
    Glad to hear that this happens to everyone and not just mine.

Thanks

Phones
    Casio G'zOne Boulder in Orange with front speaker on The Network baby!
    Apple iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray on AT&T
    Sony Ericsson w810i on T-Mobile
    Carriers
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    When you watch something you LOVE so much die such a painful death, it makes moving on IMPOSSIBLE.
    Feedback Score
    My Verizon is retarded. It's that simple. It's been this way for YEARS.
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.[/B][/SIZE]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack
    My Verizon is retarded. It's that simple. It's been this way for YEARS.
    It's still fairly useful. You just have to know that some usage is delayed by a bit, and once your cycle is over it takes a few days for the bill to be processed and put together, and for those few days (although often a bit shorter than that) the usage that appears can also be somewhat more delayed or basically stuck at whatever applied through the end of the cycle until it updates and starts showing the usage for your new cycle (although on the backend the system already reset and started correctly tracking your usage right when the cycle started over). So, just because it's delayed a bit, and displays old data for a day or two after the billing cycle, doesn't make the whole thing bad by a long shot.

Phones
    Casio G'zOne Boulder in Orange with front speaker on The Network baby!
    Apple iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray on AT&T
    Sony Ericsson w810i on T-Mobile
    Carriers
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    When you watch something you LOVE so much die such a painful death, it makes moving on IMPOSSIBLE.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by C DM
    It's still fairly useful. You just have to know that some usage is delayed by a bit, and once your cycle is over it takes a few days for the bill to be processed and put together, and for those few days (although often a bit shorter than that) the usage that appears can also be somewhat more delayed or basically stuck at whatever applied through the end of the cycle until it updates and starts showing the usage for your new cycle (although on the backend the system already reset and started correctly tracking your usage right when the cycle started over). So, just because it's delayed a bit, and displays old data for a day or two after the billing cycle, doesn't make the whole thing bad by a long shot.
    O I agree that it is still useful. When I said it was retarded, I just meant the whole bill cycle beginning delayed usage thing.

Phones
    Droid A855 by Motorola; Blackberry Storm
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910
    HTC Apache Brick of Doom Edition - retired
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    As long as you pay attention to the timestamps, you'll have an idea of what your usage is heading to and adjust your calling through the end of the cycle. If you do alot/all of your calling in the extended network you will be better off not choosing a plan allowance close to your average usage as #MIN would be nearly useless and might end up screwing you over if you didn't note the timestamps of the usage report.
    The views and content on my threads and posts are solely those of myself. Verizon Wireless makes no guarantees about the content, factuality or the coverage of these statements! Neither myself or Verizon Wireless in any way whatsoever can be responsible for the appearance of any inaccurate or libelous information or for your use of the information contained in or linked from these web pages.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

I checked mine last night 10 days into the cycle and it says 0 minutes used. That includes mobile to mobile and weekend. Thats off by over 1000 free minutes oh well i guess the friends and family thing has it messed up . Family share part is right