Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: flashing TM506 to Cin Bell version tutorial

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    As it says in post #1, you need to hold down the 2 key (not the c key). You should follow the instructions exactly.
    sorry, I meant the 2 key. I'll try again. I just rebooted everything.
    We'll see...

It really seems like the a2uploader isn't seeing it...

Device(s)
    Nexus One / SE Equinox TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As it says in post #1, you need to hold down the 2 key (not the c key). You should follow the instructions exactly.
    Although naxalite did in fact use the "2" key, you have to admit the instructions can be confusing, especially since the letter "c" is on the "2" key. Also, I have read instructions that tell you to use the "C" (clear) key for some Sony Ericsson phones (see, for example, http://davinciteam.us/10_faq_22.html).

Feedback Score
    reboot of computer fixed the issue.
    FYI: I'm on a late 2006 MacBookPro, running XP Black v17 through VMWare.
    I had to update flash to get SEUS to work, had to update it again in IE (not firefox-apparently the idiot devs at SE have SEUS check the update registry associated w/ explorer...

Also, About that notepad thing, couldn't save the customize_updat thang as .xml in notepad, used Peter's.

Youse guys rule.

Sic Semper Tyrannis!!!

SE now makes an iSync plugin if there's any macheads reading this, I purchased NoveMedia's two months ago...
    haven't tried the SE one yet

Feedback Score
    There is one other file in this zip, a .txt called script...
    What is it for?
    I ignored it and everything's great, but I thought I'd ask...

Quote Originally Posted by Antenna
    This kind of goes along, borrowed from the other thread and tried to make it relevant to this one. (from Romeo0119’s debranding post):

Flash menu files

Unzip the above after you debrand, then you can use the A2uploader after you put in Scottish’s Customize thing and pop battery out, now you can add the:

SWF (shockwave) files to: tpa/preset/system/desktop/flash

Theme Files to: tpa/user/theme.

Then disconnect and redo battery and power on.

Now I have a nicer menu with flash files and EDGE/GRPS/HSDPA indicators. No more T-mobile junk and the google maps and Opera work flawlessly! Thanks goes out to Scottish, SD and Romeo0119!

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can someone describe what the flash menu files do? Thanks

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by butzodaddy
    Can someone describe what the flash menu files do? Thanks
    some really beautiful standby screen and menu icons

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    sounds so complicated, anyway i can trust and pay someone to do it for me??

Device(s)
    SE TM506!!
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just did the flash (yay!) I noticed that I can't set the left and right buttons anymore in the shortcut menu. Is there a setting to fix this up?

Also, now I only see H and not 3G and my internet browsing is no longer as fast as it was before. I used to have the 3G icon up constantly. Is there some internet setting I need to add? In the operator list, T mobile 3g is what is selected

Amaze GPS has not been able to use the GPS since debranding.
    Last edited by jimmies; 04-13-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidaystyles
    sounds so complicated, anyway i can trust and pay someone to do it for me??
    Flashing and debranding this phone is very easy, just follow the wiki closely.

Its hard to mess up the phone because you can just keep flashing in SE US updater anyway. The flash files are just drag and drop into A2 uploader.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmies

Also, now I only see H and not 3G and my internet browsing is no longer as fast as it was before. I used to have the 3G icon up constantly. Is there some internet setting I need to add? In the operator list, T mobile 3g is what is selected
    The T-Mobile firmware hides the H icon even though HSDPA is faster than UMTS which the 3G icon represents. You won't see the 3G icon again unless you're in a slower area or you edit the customize.xml file to hide the H icon.

I don't know why your internet browsing is slower. Do you have any before and after speed tests to show the difference.

Device(s)
    SE TM506!!
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    The T-Mobile firmware hides the H icon even though HSDPA is faster than UMTS which the 3G icon represents. You won't see the 3G icon again unless you're in a slower area or you edit the customize.xml file to hide the H icon.

I don't know why your internet browsing is slower. Do you have any before and after speed tests to show the difference.
    What are some good speed test sites? The sites I frequent always load at edge speeds and any downloads I do usually take several seconds. I.e. downloading 2MB used to take me less than 20 seconds, but now it takes over a minute. I turned off "GSM and 3G" and set it to "GSM" and the speed is the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmies
    What are some good speed test sites? The sites I frequent always load at edge speeds and any downloads I do usually take several seconds. I.e. downloading 2MB used to take me less than 20 seconds, but now it takes over a minute. I turned off "GSM and 3G" and set it to "GSM" and the speed is the same.
    Well, if you're tethering you can just go to speedtest.net on your pc. Speeds from 600 to 1000 are common when tethering on 3G with the TM-506.

I know there is a mobile site that does speed tests directly from the phone's browser, but I can't find the URL at the moment. You have to do it from the phone's built in browser and not from Opera Mini in order for the test to be accurate.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I know there is a mobile site that does speed tests directly from the phone's browser, but I can't find the URL at the moment. You have to do it from the phone's built in browser and not from Opera Mini in order for the test to be accurate.
    It's dslreports.com/mspeed. It's only accurate if your phone is capable of doing the test with the 100k file size or larger.

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hi - Is it possible to preserve the games from the t-mobile branded phone and restore them on the debranded phone? Specifically I would like to keep Tetris Mania.

Thanks

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I notice that on the debranded firmware, there is no vibrate alert option for text messages. Anyone know how to get that in the list of alert options?

Thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast