Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: flashing TM506 to Cin Bell version tutorial

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ncd
    After lurking on this issue for quite some time, I'm now ready to debrand my TM506, which from the looks of it, has been modified slightly (to include the 3g H icons). I'm leaning towards the wiki, but want to make sure that this is the latest tutorial needed.,
    Yes, the wiki is fine. Scottish recently detailed some optional changes to the customize.xml in this thread. You could download the full customize.xml that is in the custpak on the wiki and then review it with Scottish's notes or even make some changes yourself.

If you want to make any adjustments do it first, so that you have a finalized file ready to go to add to the phone in wiki step 3.

The custpak on the wiki also has the themes and the camera driver as well.

Feedback Score
    This there a chance someone can make a video on how to do this. Cause I really don't want to mess up my phone doing this procedure.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingchong
    This there a chance someone can make a video on how to do this. Cause I really don't want to mess up my phone doing this procedure.
    You don't need to do the procedure in this thread. Now that a generic version of the firmware has been released, that is preferred.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...branding_Guide

Everything you need is right there. It's very straightforward and easy, even for novice users. We'll be glad to help if you have questions.

Feedback Score
    Perhaps the moderator can sticky this thread which goes to the debranding wiki:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1501008

The current stickied thread does not use the latest firmware.

Feedback Score
    After flashing, is there a way to undo it, and go back to the stock T-Mobile settings?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After flashing, is there a way to undo it, and go back to the stock T-Mobile settings?
    Yep, you just have to change the CDA number in the XML file back to the T-Mobile USA code, and SEUS will re-flash the phone with the T-Mobile firmware. Scottish/Jet etc can help with that.

Feedback Score
    After I flashed my phone. I realized that the side button that use to control the volume of the ringtone isn't it anymore. How can I change that back?

Feedback Score
    After I flashed my phone. I realized that the side button that use to control the volume of the ringtone isn't it anymore. How can I change that back?
    Open the customize.xml file in Notepad.

Find this section:

<standby>
    <ringtone-volume>false</ringtone-volume>
    <show-flight-mode-at-startup>1</show-flight-mode-at-startup>
    </standby>

Change the ringtone-volume from false to true.

Save the file.

Use a2uploader to delete the old customize.xml file on the phone. Copy the revised customize.xml to your phone.

Turn your phone back on and do a master reset. You should be good to go.

Feedback Score
    Alright thanks.

Device(s)
    Nexus One / SE Equinox TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yikes! I debranded a TM506 last winter and was going to do another tonight using the Wiki. Unfortunately, the SEUS software no longer gives the option to Re-Install. What do I do?

Feedback Score
    What option does it give you? Does it say you have the latest software, get lost. You can probably use customize upgrade to put the cda code for the original firmware and then it should update

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I followed all the steps for Step 1 in the wiki and confirmed everything it said. First time nothing. I reconnected it and tried again. Now I'm getting something. No idea why one time it worked and the second time it didn't.

Now it is telling me there is in fact new software for my phone, specifically R3DA030. It shows my phone with RC3A033. This is the correct sequence, correct? I vaguely remember something about R3DA030 not allowing tethering. I'm still supposed to click "Install", correct?

Feedback Score
    It's only the T- mobile version of r3dA, that won't tether but the generic one will. So accept the download and you'll be good.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help. I'd only done this once so I was a bit nervous about messing something up. Back in the good old days I did a fair amount of SEEM editing on Motorola phones, but the TM506 is my first Sony. (I did have an analog Ericsson phone years and years ago.)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sendpaulmailat
    (I did have an analog Ericsson phone years and years ago.)
    Off topic, but me too! Well it actually had both AMPS and TDMA, and was my first phone. The Ericsson A1228!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast