Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TM506 Debranding Wiki

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for your response, TeeJay3800. Having just purchased this phone last week, I have not been involved enough in the historical discussions to have caught this if it was discussed elsewhere. I assume that reverting back to the T-Mobile branded software would be as simple as uploading a different Customize_upgrade.xml file and using the SEUS software again. If this is correct, has someone verified this functionality? It would be much easier to make the change if there were reverting instructions included in the WIKI.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/724; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by cobyhoff
    Thanks so much for your response, TeeJay3800. Having just purchased this phone last week, I have not been involved enough in the historical discussions to have caught this if it was discussed elsewhere. I assume that reverting back to the T-Mobile branded software would be as simple as uploading a different Customize_upgrade.xml file and using the SEUS software again. If this is correct, has someone verified this functionality? It would be much easier to make the change if there were reverting instructions included in the WIKI.
    Yes. Putting in a different number allows you to flash to the crappy Tmo firmware pretty easily.
    I need the Samsung Epic NOW!!!!!

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    can anyone post a video of how the 506 looks like after debradning it? for example flash menus..

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys is there a way to get the flash menues without having to debrand your phone??

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    after you do this debranding can you sync your contacts back up with your tmobile.com account? my fiance is in the process of transferring contacts from her VZW flip phone to this phone and every time she adds contacts online or on her phone, it syncs automatically to the other place.

Will this happen again after the debranding? Or will the website not recognize the phone anymore and not sync? can she just save the contacts to her sim card and it be fine? very interested in doing this for her this weekend. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidaystyles
    Hey guys is there a way to get the flash menues without having to debrand your phone??
    It doesn't look like it. No one that I know of was able to get flash menus to work until the Cincinnati Bell firmware came out.

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman
    It doesn't look like it. No one that I know of was able to get flash menus to work until the Cincinnati Bell firmware came out.
    Thanks alot for replying, i was able to debrand my phone. it works great! but the only problem is now my front display screen doesn't display the times just grey blocks...any body have a solution to that??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andross77

Will this happen again after the debranding? Or will the website not recognize the phone anymore and not sync?
    As long as you follow Step 3 of the debranding wiki and install the T-Mobile settings, the contact sync will still work with the T-Mobile website.

The only difference I've noticed is that it doesn't do it immediately when I edit a contact as it used to. So I have it set to sync every 24 hours to pick up any changes I may have made.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidaystyles
    the only problem is now my front display screen doesn't display the times just grey blocks...any body have a solution to that??
    Try powering the phone off and on. Sometimes that fixes external clock issues.

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    Try powering the phone off and on. Sometimes that fixes external clock issues.
    It didn't work..The clock was working fine after i debranded it but when i woke up this morning it said charging error while i was charging it over night. I took out the batt and restarted but nothing...

Device(s)
    Nokia E51, E60, Moto V330, V300, P280, L7089
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question on A2Uploader . . .

I'm following the wiki to debrand my new TM506 and when I go to run A2 Uploader.exe, my AVG virus scanner flags it as a Trojan virus! I just downloaded the zip but the executable date is from 12/28/08. Gordon's Gate is already loaded.

Is this real or just the nature of the beast???

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's a false positive. A2uploader does not contain a virus.

Device(s)
    Nexus One / SE Equinox TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fourfone
    I'm following the wiki to debrand my new TM506 and when I go to run A2 Uploader.exe, my AVG virus scanner flags it as a Trojan virus! I just downloaded the zip but the executable date is from 12/28/08. Gordon's Gate is already loaded.

Is this real or just the nature of the beast???
    This has been reported before (by me among others). You need to turn off your anti-virus temporarily while you use the program. Then it will work.

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    i think i know what's wrong with my outer display, after i debranded i added japanese font support which could have possibly overwrote the font used to display time on my outer screen...could that be the problem?? suggestions please...

Device(s)
    Nokia E51, E60, Moto V330, V300, P280, L7089
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

OK, now what . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sendpaulmailat
    This has been reported before (by me among others). You need to turn off your anti-virus temporarily while you use the program. Then it will work.
    I've turned off AVG, tried running A2Uploader and either I get nothing or a message that says "Windows cannot access your device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Any ideas??? (I will also try running it on another laptop with Mcafee instead of AVG and a lot less other stuff on it.)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast