Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TM506 Debranding Wiki

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    can someone help me out? i need the original fonts.xml file for a debranded sony ericsson tm506, thanks alot guys!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fourfone
    I've turned off AVG, tried running A2Uploader and either I get nothing or a message that says "Windows cannot access your device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
    Here are the steps listed in the wiki. On which step are you on when you receive that message?

0. Install Gordon's Gate flash driver (found in the A2Uploader ZIP file) and reboot.
    1. Shut down the phone.
    2. Run A2Uploader and click the FileSystem Tool button
    3. Hold down 2 on the phone and plug in the USB cable
    4. Release the button when you see some activity on the left side of the A2Uploader window

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    Here are the steps listed in the wiki. On which step are you on when you receive that message?

0. Install Gordon's Gate flash driver (found in the A2Uploader ZIP file) and reboot.
    other than using Gordon's Gate, you can install SEUS instead
    (I have SEUS installed on computer, and able to use a2uploader)

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Nokia E51, E60, Moto V330, V300, P280, L7089
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Still not sure I've got the right stuff . . .

Well, I got A2Uploader to work by using another computer.
    Now, I used SEUS, but I'm not getting the same firmware versions showing like the Wiki. After the update, SEUS is showing R3DA030 as the current version, not TM506 AMERICA-BAND1-4 CDF1217-0527

I booted up the phone and tried to install Google Maps - still no-go!

Feedback Score
    Well, I got A2Uploader to work by using another computer.
    Now, I used SEUS, but I'm not getting the same firmware versions showing like the Wiki. After the update, SEUS is showing R3DA030 as the current version, not TM506 AMERICA-BAND1-4 CDF1217-0527
    Review that you did Step 1 in the wiki exactly, especially points 5-8:

5. Browse to /tpa/preset/custom
    6. Drag and drop Customize_upgrade.xml from the custpack into the filesystem window
    7. Check the list to make sure it was uploaded
    8. Click the "Shutdown FS Manager" button

Step 1 "tricks" SEUS into thinking that your phone has the America Band firmware on it instead of the original firmware. If you open the Customize_upgrade.xml file in notepad you will notice that it basically just contains the CDA number of the America Band firmware. SEUS looks at that CDA number and assumes you have that firmware when you really don't.

If SEUS does not say what it is supposed to say as outlined in Step 2, Point 5 of the wiki then you're doing something wrong in Step 1 of the wiki.

Device(s)
    Nokia E51, E60, Moto V330, V300, P280, L7089
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

It seems partially debranded . . .

I'm still not getting the TM506 AMERICA-BAND1-4 CDF1217-0527 showing when running SEUS, but I'm not on the original TMO version either. The TM506's email client is now working and all the Themes in the custom pack 101 are there, but when I try to download Google Maps from the browser, it tells me "Invalid application" at the download (signed or unsigned).

I also loaded the CB version but didn't like it as much so I switched it back.

btw, Gordon's Gate is loaded and running.

Any thoughts???

Device(s)
    HTC Evo 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm still not getting the TM506 AMERICA-BAND1-4 CDF1217-0527 showing when running SEUS, but I'm not on the original TMO version either. The TM506's email client is now working and all the Themes in the custom pack 101 are there, but when I try to download Google Maps from the browser, it tells me "Invalid application" at the download (signed or unsigned).
    i've run into the same problem. SEUS didn't offer me the TM506 AMERICA-BAND1-4 CDF1217-0527 but my phone is still somewhat debranded. i have SOME java apps working, trackid flash wallpapers and flash menus but my right soft key is still set to "t-zones" and in the main menu i still have t-zones up at the top left corner (the icon is missing, just the words "t-zones home" appear); is this normal or did i do something wrong?
    ~the kid with the golden arms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baulz
    my right soft key is still set to "t-zones" and in the main menu i still have t-zones up at the top left corner (the icon is missing, just the words "t-zones home" appear); is this normal or did i do something wrong?
    It is normal. If you don't want any references to T-Mobile or T-Zones, do not do step 3 of the debranding process. This adds back T-Mobile features such as syncing with T-Mobile's web-site, access to T-Zones and various other settings.

To Fourfone:

In regards to Google Maps, if you have followed the debranding wiki, you should find Google Maps in the Location Services menu already installed. This will work with the phone's GPS.

If you still need to download a newer version of Google Maps because you want street view or other newer features, you can do so from getjar.com. They have version 2.3.1 available. However, it will not work with the phone's GPS, but will determine your approximate location via cell towers.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    It is normal. If you don't want any references to T-Mobile or T-Zones, do not do step 3 of the debranding process. This adds back T-Mobile features such as syncing with T-Mobile's web-site, access to T-Zones and various other settings.
    thank you very much for the reply. if i wanted to start over, how would i go about doing it? i tried starting from step 1 again but it seems to ignore the Customize_upgrade.xml file that i drag and drop.
    also you mentioned that if i don't want any trace of t-mobile i should skip step 3; will this also fix the empty icon in the top left corner of my main menu?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baulz
    thank you very much for the reply. if i wanted to start over, how would i go about doing it? i tried starting from step 1 again but it seems to ignore the Customize_upgrade.xml file that i drag and drop.
    also you mentioned that if i don't want any trace of t-mobile i should skip step 3; will this also fix the empty icon in the top left corner of my main menu?
    If you've already debranded, you don't need to do the step of the Customize_upgrade.xml. You can just begin at Step 2. Turn on the phone after that step and you should have a completely debranded phone.

The upper left icon shows up in some themes and not others. I can't remember the reason, but it was posted somewhere in this forum as to why some of the themes did not have that icon.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    jet1000, thanks for the tips and pointers. i managed to get this phone exactly the way i want it. and of course thanks to s.d. for the simple but precise instructions.

on a side note, i tried installing my own flash menus but, although it sets, i can't access any of my menu options. for example, if i try clicking on the "organizer" icon, nothing opens. are there specific flash menus i should be looking for?

Feedback Score
    The flash menus that most people who have debranded are putting on their TM-506 are found in this post here including installation instructions:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...69&postcount=4

They seem to work okay.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    New Questions:

1. How do I get it back to the original T-Mobile firmware? I know it used to work using the CID posted here but I tried it this time and keeps flashing me the unbranded firmware. Any ideas?

2. I just got a new TM506 today (old one died) and I like the 3g indicator better than the "H". How do I go about debranding it but keeping the "3g" instead of "H" ? I assume I need to change something in the XML file?

thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bank Heist
    New Questions:

1. How do I get it back to the original T-Mobile firmware?

2. I just got a new TM506 today (old one died) and I like the 3g indicator better than the "H". How do I go about debranding it but keeping the "3g" instead of "H" ?
    1. You can find the original firmware on topsony.com. See this post for the exact location:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=199

The link is for R3CA firmware, but you can find T-Mobile R3DA on there as well as I recall.

You can use a2uploader to put the files back onto the phone as described in this post here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=212

2. Find the following in the xml file:

<hide-hsdpa-icon>true</hide-hsdpa-icon>
    <hide-3g-icon>false</hide-3g-icon>

The first one set to true will hide the H. The 3G will still show.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you very much Jet1000. Last question: is it easy to remove the "g" that pops up when I connect to the net?

Edit: Nevermind, I just put the GPRS to "False" and the "g" went away. Thanks again Jet1000 for all the info.
    Last edited by Bank Heist; 08-21-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast