Thread: TM506 Debranding Wiki

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile prepay
    Feedback Score

Text Message after debranding

I have received several text messages from +10476000000

n;m=1=1

so far I have been deleting them.

What should I do with them and why am I getting them? How can I stop them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmthomas

Google Maps GPS does not get past loading terms and conditions with prepaid. Any advice?
    T-Mobile does not provide a data plan for prepaid. That's why the Google Maps is not getting past the terms and conditions. It needs data access to function, to pull maps up, etc. That's also why Opera Mini is not working.

You need to get at least a month to month flexpay plan to get data access.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile prepay
    Feedback Score
    This is why I am getting the text messages; losing email by OZ afterdebranding. How can I get OZ back?

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Messag...0000/m-p/60220

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmthomas
    This is why I am getting the text messages; losing email by OZ afterdebranding. How can I get OZ back?
    I don't know what email by OZ is. But if you want to put the original firmware back on, you can follow the instructions here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...n#post13408265

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile prepay
    Feedback Score
    email by OZ is the original email application on the TM506. It works with prepaid. I only want to put that application back on, not the entire firmware suite.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile prepay
    Feedback Score
    I am working with prepaid tethering now. I went back to a previous firmware version. Debranding didn't do me any good with the limited data allowed on prepaid.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4#post13664094

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

How to enable tethering with R3DA030 firmware?

My TM506 has R3DA030 firmware. I don't want to debrand, just want tethering enabled. What part of Customize.xml enables tethering? Instead of editing Customize.xml, can tethering be enabled by using some command in Customize_upgrade.xml?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naviger
    My TM506 has R3DA030 firmware. What part of Customize.xml enables tethering?
    I never had R3DA030 firmware. In my Equinox, I found a tag that said:

<apn-restriction>
    <enabled>true</enabled>

I changed that to false and tethering was enabled. Edit your customize.xml file in notepad and see if you see a similar tag.

You should be able to change it to false. Then copy the customize.xml file back onto the phone and do a Reset settings to make the change take place.

Let me know what you find.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I downloaded the files from the wiki and was about to apply them when Microsoft Security Essentials reported malware in the A2uploader that's linked from the wiki. I then uploaded that file back to virustotal.com and got 12/40 programs reporting malware in that file:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/9...de2-1258774752

Are we sure that's a clean version of A2Uploader that's linked from the wiki?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer

Are we sure that's a clean version of A2Uploader that's linked from the wiki?
    Yes. The virus programs have been misidentifying a2uploader for awhile. I think my Norton stopped deleting my latest copy of a2uploader off my computer without permission a couple of weeks ago.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I have a spare computer that I can test on, and so far the a2uploader linked doesn't seem to cause any harmful side effects. Thanks to the OP and everyone else who helped with the wiki. Worked great and enjoying my unbranded TM506 now

EDIT, I guess unbrand doesn't mean unlock, since when I put in an O2 SIM it says 'insert correct SIM'
    Last edited by pitflyer; 05-03-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay3800
    Yep, all 3 things are enabled after debranding.
    hi I have tm506 debranded. when create email account, only pop and imap are available. no exchange?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ginafker
    hi I have tm506 debranded. when create email account, only pop and imap are available. no exchange?
    To setup an exchange account go into Settings\Connectivity tab\Synchronization\New Account and select Exchange ActiveSync.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    To setup an exchange account go into Settings\Connectivity tab\Synchronization\New Account and select Exchange ActiveSync.
    thanks Jet. I found it too. not in default messageing/email menu, hidden in synchronization got exchange activesync over air to work.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast