Thread: Help.... My NET-10 minutes "DISAPPEARED"...???

Feedback Score

Unhappy Help.... My NET-10 minutes "DISAPPEARED"...???

Oh my... earlier today I had over 240 minutes, and I have only used my phone for a few short calls... and it says my MINUTE TANK is EMPTY. My minutes don't expire until 2014.

Has this ever happened to anyone? What should I do? And... what are the chances that NET-10 will fix this? No one has used my phone but me and I am very short with my calls.

Thanks

DAVID

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I would recommend calling Net10 and talking to one of their representatives that you can't understand.

You said you minutes weren't supposed to expire until 2014. Are you talking about the year 2014? I didn't think Net10 let minutes last that long...

Feedback Score
    Hi... Yes, as per your suggestion... I did call NET-10 and everythings been taken care of. They said that they didn't know exactly what had happened but after putting me on hold several times and checking with supervisors etc... They decided to give me the minutes back.

And as far as minutes go, yes, my minutes last until 2014. Everytime I would get real low on minutes I would buy a card, it would give me 300 minutes and 60 days of service. I used to by a card about once or twice a month, so although my minutes would keep being used up, my expiration date kept extending.

Thanks for your input.

DAVID

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad it's all taken care of now.

Feedback Score
    I am curious I thought net 10 had a 60 day expiration. If you mean that if you by two cards with-in the first 60 days they will increase the expiration date to 2014? If that is the case, this would be better rate then all prepaid service combined.

Phones
    Nokia 2600,6010,3585i
    LG Optimus L9,iPhone 3GS & 4Sx2,Palm Pixi Plus
    Nokia Lumia 520, 3220, 6030, 3585i
    Carrier
    GoPhonex4 PagePlusx2 TMo2Go Tracfone Ptel AV
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am curious I thought net 10 had a 60 day expiration. If you mean that if you by two cards with-in the first 60 days they will increase the expiration date to 2014? If that is the case, this would be better rate then all prepaid service combined.
    No. OP says he buys 1-2 cards/month. He must have been doing it for 1 or 2 years ,say 30 - 40 cards total, that would give aprox a 5 - 6 years (stacked) expiration. Makes sense.
    Current:Former:
    Hi, my name is Jairzinho and I've been Wireless Contract-free for 14 years!

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveinNJ
    Hi... Yes, as per your suggestion... I did call NET-10 and everythings been taken care of. They said that they didn't know exactly what had happened but after putting me on hold several times and checking with supervisors etc... They decided to give me the minutes back.

And as far as minutes go, yes, my minutes last until 2014. Everytime I would get real low on minutes I would buy a card, it would give me 300 minutes and 60 days of service. I used to by a card about once or twice a month, so although my minutes would keep being used up, my expiration date kept extending.

Thanks for your input.

DAVID

David, if you routinely use 600 minutes a month you may want to try Boost's $50 iDen unlimited plan (check coverage first). If it is closer to 300-400 you could try Page Plus with 1400 minutes and 4 months for $80 if you have Verizon service in your area.