Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Place for TM506 Java Apps

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    anyone know of an application to let you stream radio using data? I miss my s60 Nokia Radio app. if someone knows of something similar for the tm506 that'd be awesome.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna
    anyone know of an application to let you stream radio using data? I miss my s60 Nokia Radio app. if someone knows of something similar for the tm506 that'd be awesome.
    check getjar
    but ALL apps are trial or shareware (cost $)
    pick C702 and you'll see

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Feedback Score
    Try MFScorn. It's based off the open source MFRadio, but I've heard it has better buffering settings and a better UI

Last edited by S.D.; 03-02-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    GMail still doesn't work for me but Yahoo Go 3 works fine now.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've actually have had good luck with 'virtual radio'.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by S.D.
    Try MFScorn. It's based off the open source MFRadio, but I've heard it has better buffering settings and a better UI

I tried that
    but I have no way to put in WFUV and Highlander Radio settings in it

Feedback Score
    I'm a newbie and waiting for my TM506 to arrive tomorrow. Questions for the experts:

1. Can I install S.D.'s fine java apps to a new T-mobile branded TM506 without reflashing it first?
    2. I just added the $5.99 t-zones plan, can I tether TM506 to my laptop through USB and Bluetooth without reflashing it?
    3. What are the limitations of t-zones plan for tethering? Can I use ssh, ftp, rdesktop etc non-http connections?
    4. Will debranding enable Google maps to use Tm506 built-in GPS?

Thanks a lot!

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dxhofo
    I'm a newbie and waiting for my TM506 to arrive tomorrow. Questions for the experts:

1. Can I install S.D.'s fine java apps to a new T-mobile branded TM506 without reflashing it first?
    2. I just added the $5.99 t-zones plan, can I tether TM506 to my laptop through USB and Bluetooth without reflashing it?
    3. What are the limitations of t-zones plan for tethering? Can I use ssh, ftp, rdesktop etc non-http connections?

Thanks a lot!
    See your otherpost....same information

>>>NO, unless the handset is made before September 18, 2008

>>>NO, unless the handset is made before September 18, 2008

>>Same as Total internet when APN is set to epc.tmobile.com, BE AWARE that the $5.99 t-zone plan was never meant to be tethered on, it was originally intended to be used for light browsing so don’t go hogwild, otherwise T-Mo may start to cap users. Just be careful.

Yes, with the Cin-Bell firmware (see Scottish’s sticky)

Feedback Score

Java app to enable BT HID profile?

Does anyone know of a java app that would work on the TM506, that would emulate the HID profile in the phone's bluetooth, to enable the use of a bluetooth keyboard with the phone?

Wouldn't it be nice, when using an app such as Gmail, to be able to type an e-mail on a regular QWERTY keyboard, that folds up to carry with you, or a small credit card sized QWERTY thumbboard, rather than on the phone pad?

See the thread I started a while back at:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1485662

The (current) last post to that thread, from 1/19/09, has some interesting info.

In that thread, there is a link to a new model of BT keyboard, that is supposed to come with such a java applet. However, I cannot find that keyboard (Pockettop CT5000) actually available anywhere.

If there are no such java midlets available currently, are there any java programmers reading, who might be interested in creating one?

Feedback Score
    Just to report S.D.'s java apps instllation on a brand new T-Mo TM506 (not debranded). I was able to install

Opera mini
    J2MeMaps
    Mobile GMap
    AmAze
    eBuddy
    CNN
    Yahoo Go
    MFSCorn

But

youTube
    Google maps
    Gmail

all say "invalid application"
    Last edited by dxhofo; 03-17-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dxhofo
    Just to report S.D.'s java apps instllation on a brand new T-Mo TM506 (not debranded). I was able to install

Opera mini
    J2MeMaps
    Mobile GMap
    AmAze

But

youTube
    Google maps
    Gmail

all say "invalid application"
    For gmail, I have entered in this link to avoid the Invalid Application error:

m.google.com/app/v2.0.6/L1/gmail-g.jar

For Google Maps and You Tube, you can go to getjar.com.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    For gmail, I have entered in this link to avoid the Invalid Application error:

m.google.com/app/v2.0.6/L1/gmail-g.jar
    When I tried this URL, from Opera Mini, I get a File Not Found message.

However, it may be that I have a lower case L (l), and that doesn't work. I have tried to change it to upper case, without success.

I see in the directions, to press the * key to change between lower and upper case, but I'm not having success with that. Could someone explain exactly how you do that case change?

---

By the way, curious why that URL would work, and not the one from S.D.s page. Is it a different version of Gmail? Older?

edit: Now I managed to get the uppercase L to work, now I'm sure I typed in the URL exactly as you gave it, yet I still get the file not found message "not found on this server". Are you sure you typed in the URL correctly?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maiki

edit: Now I managed to get the uppercase L to work, now I'm sure I typed in the URL exactly as you gave it, yet I still get the file not found message "not found on this server". Are you sure you typed in the URL correctly?
    Yes, the URL is typed correctly. This can be verified by copying the URL into your computer's browser and the file will be ready to download.

However, don't type the URL into opera mini as you are doing. I get the URL to work in the phone's built-in browser instead.

Once in the phone's browser, just select:

options
    Go to
    Enter address.

If it's going to work on your phone, it should begin downloading immediately. And yes, use the capital L in the URL.

Feedback Score
    Is there any good Notes app, that will sync with Outlook? The built-in TM506 notes app is pretty bad, not allowing much text at all per note.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else having the "invalid application" with the recent generic debranding? I cannot get these to download onto the phone

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast