Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Place for TM506 Java Apps

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Feedback Score
    I've just switched the 3 google apps to point directly to the jars. It seems to work fine every time now, whereas before using jad files it would fail 75-90% of the time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by S.D.
    I've just switched the 3 google apps to point directly to the jars. It seems to work fine every time now, whereas before using jad files it would fail 75-90% of the time.
    This works well. I wasn't able to install You Tube before and now it installed perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    This works well. I wasn't able to install You Tube before and now it installed perfectly.
    I updated Google Maps from 2.3.1 to S.D.'s 2.3.2, now pressing 0 to get my my location does not work any more....

I downloaded 2.3.2 and was asked to replace 2.3.1. Enter "yes", but replacing failed... Had to delete 2.3.1 and then installed 2.3.2, wonderif it has something to do with it.

Anyone also have such experience?

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Thank you, its working now!

Feedback Score
    The new YouTube app from Google looks nice. Is there a way to watch the video in landscape mode?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dxhofo
    The new YouTube app from Google looks nice. Is there a way to watch the video in landscape mode?
    I don't know about the app, but if you watch YouTube through the browser instead of the app, it has an option for landscape and it will fill the whole screen.

Feedback Score
    I am unable to install the Yahoo Go app from your site, nor from Getjar. I always get a failed message when I try to install it.

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    same with opera 4.2. youtube works - thanks!

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    i downloaded most of the apps and they work 100% thanx to all who have made this TM506 site possible.

Device(s)
    SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    S.D.
    I've been using the following method to reliably install apps with the right features/button mappings.

I edited the jad files we were using earlier, and changed the URL to just <program_name>.jar, instead of http://<site>/<program_name>.jar

Then, I load both jad and jar files onto a memory card, then open the jad file from the phone.

I reflashed my phone 4 times just to make sure it could install fine over and over again, and each time worked perfectly.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Feedback Score
    I know that method works... We're trying to find out why the Invalid Application message shows up on some apps but not others though.

One thing I've noticed is that Google uses "chunked encoding" on their web servers, and others do not. But that doesn't explain why the downloads from Google work sometimes... Maybe T-Mobile's invisible proxy is kicking in and breaking on chunked encoding.

A workaround I'm going to try is making the phone's browser show up to web sites as if it's Firefox or a generic version of NetFront that T-Mobile's proxy won't touch.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    The only one i cant get to work is Yahoo 3. It just says operation failed. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Currently: iPhone 5 64GB (white)
    Former: HTC One (black), HTC One X+, iPhone 5 White 16GB, iPhone 4 (black) 32GB, myTouch 4G, myTouch 3G slide, iPhone 3GS Black 32GB, HTC HD2, Sony Ericsson Equinox, HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Dash 3G, Sony Ericsson TM506, BlackBerry Storm (unlocked for TMO), Samsung Behold, T-Mobile G-1, Verizon XV6800, Verizon Samsung i760, T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile Dash, BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry Pearl, Nextel i860, Nextel i730, Nextel i95cl.

Device(s)
    HTC Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Opera mini - operation failed

Can't get that one to download/install on a debranded tm506.
    CNN, google maps work.

MFScorn installed but can't connect. Haven't investigated that one - could
    be a personal problem I suppose.

Device(s)
    HTC Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I'm a rock

Quote Originally Posted by boylan
    Can't get that one to download/install on a debranded tm506.
    CNN, google maps work.

MFScorn installed but can't connect. Haven't investigated that one - could
    be a personal problem I suppose.

Accidentally setup using wap instead of internet2 access point so it's all
    my own fault apparently.

Device(s)
    SE TM506!!
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    Are you guys able to get the GPS to work with this version of Google maps? The only Google Maps I can get working with GPS is the one that comes with the debranded firmware.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast