Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Place for TM506 Java Apps

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmies
    Are you guys able to get the GPS to work with this version of Google maps? The only Google Maps I can get working with GPS is the one that comes with the debranded firmware.
    No. Most if not all SE phones can't use GPS with the latest version. Google has been notified of the issue. There hasn't been a new release since 10/29/2008 and i believe they're working on a new version with Latitude features. Hopefully the GPS will be fixed in the next version.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmies
    Are you guys able to get the GPS to work with this version of Google maps? The only Google Maps I can get working with GPS is the one that comes with the debranded firmware.
    That's correct. Newer versions of Google maps that are installed on the phone will not use the phone's GPS, but will estimate location using the cell phone towers.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    That's correct. Newer versions of Google maps that are installed on the phone will not use the phone's GPS, but will estimate location using the cell phone towers.
    I can't get any type of location feature to work, either by GPS or cell tower triangulation. GMM says My Location is not available. That's on the latest version...GPS on the slightly older version works perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Anyone got Yahoo maps (from Yahoo Go!) to work with cell phone tower?

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Regarding the gmail app, the add contact display has no way to select contacts. I'm guessing it should be the left softkey, all the other keys have other functions.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by butzodaddy
    Regarding the gmail app, the add contact display has no way to select contacts. I'm guessing it should be the left softkey, all the other keys have other functions.
    Hover over a contact, select 'Menu' then 'Email'. That will select the contact and open the compose mail screen.

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay3800
    Hover over a contact, select 'Menu' then 'Email'. That will select the contact and open the compose mail screen.
    Ok, but it's too bad that Menu/Compose Mail/Menu/Add recipents doesn't work. Also, there's no way to add more than one contact using the above method (can't cc or bcc either).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by butzodaddy
    Ok, but it's too bad that Menu/Compose Mail/Menu/Add recipents doesn't work. Also, there's no way to add more than one contact using the above method (can't cc or bcc either).
    As it says in post #1 of this thread:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...91&postcount=1

You need to download gmail from the link given because it contains "phantaszm's key fixes".

That permits you to select contacts from your list and also populate the cc and bcc fields properly.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As it says in post #1 of this thread:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...91&postcount=1

You need to download gmail from the link given because it contains "phantaszm's key fixes".

That permits you to select contacts from your list and also populate the cc and bcc fields properly.
    I downloaded the Gmail App from S.D.'s page, but the same key issue is still present. I'm still not able to select more than one contact. Any ideas?

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay3800
    I downloaded the Gmail App from S.D.'s page, but the same key issue is still present. I'm still not able to select more than one contact. Any ideas?
    Same here.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Feedback Score
    That's because i forwarded it directly to the .jar after people said it wasn't downloading. I've just changed it back...

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the version directly linked to the .jar file. Now that S.D. has changed it to use the .jad file, I cannot download it again. "Replacement Failed". I have the problem with incorrectly mapped soft-keys. It seems to me, though, that the "5" key functions as the select key for me. I believe I can add recipients by using the 5, but was unable to test, as I'm using a relatively new gmail account with no contacts yet.

Can someone link to the instructions to install by copying .jad and .jar to the memory card?

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cobyhoff
    I have the version directly linked to the .jar file. Now that S.D. has changed it to use the .jad file, I cannot download it again. "Replacement Failed". I have the problem with incorrectly mapped soft-keys. It seems to me, though, that the "5" key functions as the select key for me. I believe I can add recipients by using the 5, but was unable to test, as I'm using a relatively new gmail account with no contacts yet.

Can someone link to the instructions to install by copying .jad and .jar to the memory card?
    On those screens, the 5 key appears in the search box as a '5'. I have the same download problem now.

Thanks to S.D. for all your efforts - keep it up.

Feedback Score
    Here is the thread that covers changing the key functions in gmail:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ighlight=gmail

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here is the thread that covers changing the key functions in gmail:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ighlight=gmail
    It appears that method is using the same fix as S.D. has already done more conveniently with his download location. It is just changing the .jad file to point to a different URL for the .jar file. I think the method I am looking for at this point is to have the .jad file point to a local .jar. To do this, would I just change the URL in the .jad to the name of the locally stored .jar file? I will try this and update.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast