Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Place for TM506 Java Apps

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, I can verify that it installs if you change the URL in the .jad file to 'gmail-g.jar' and put them both in the same folder on your memory card and install from that .jad file. Unfortunately, after it installs, the first time I try to run it it errors out. Some sort of java.lang... exception error. I'm probably missing something in editing that .jad file with notepad.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I believe my errors were related to my phone going wonky, and not the install method. After rebooting my phone, gmail functions with no java errors, and with correct button mapping.

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm still getting "Invalid Application"

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by butzodaddy
    I'm still getting "Invalid Application"
    Just to clarify, some of us are unable to install the gMail app using a .jad file. Even S.D.'s modified .jad file gives us the "invalid application" error. The way I was able to successfully install gMail with the correct button mappings was by dowloading S.D.'s .jad file and editing it on my computer. Use notepad to open the file, and change the URL to the name of the .jar file, ie. "MIDlet-Jar-URL: gmail-g.jar" (download it to your computer, also). Copy both gmail-g.jad and gmail-g.jar to your memory card and install the card back in your phone. Browse to the .jad file - not the .jar file - (menu->organizer->file manager) and select "install".

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks cobyhoff - where do you find the right jar file so I can copy it to my card?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I did a google search for gmail-g.jar, and this appears to be the direct download link for the latest (v2.0.6) version. http://gmail.com/app/v2.0.6/L1/gmail-g.jar

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cobyhoff
    I did a google search for gmail-g.jar, and this appears to be the direct download link for the latest (v2.0.6) version. http://gmail.com/app/v2.0.6/L1/gmail-g.jar
    Bingo! I didn't realize that it was the same jar. Now I understand that something in the jad ("UseNativeTextButtons: true"?) is controlling the way the jar works.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    FYI, eBuddy has been updated to version 1.2.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I love this site, but is it still being updated? Some software is far out of date (eBuddy), and some changes should be considered (like replacing eBuddy with Nimbuzz).

Device(s)
    Se Tm506
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

jar and jad apps

i found a website that you can dl free games,apps.,ringtones,themes.wallpapers,flashlite, videos,and ebooks. and most are all free.you can dl to phone or pc.just pick tm506 from the list and have at it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric2491
    i found a website that you can dl free games,
    Can you tell us the website? I didn't see it in your post.

Device(s)
    Se Tm506
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    http://www.umnet.com/ and http://www.mobilerated.com/dir/Appli...larity&page=42
    sorry about that,i was a little tired last night when i posted that for every one.

Carrier(s)
    T Mobile Pre-paid
    Feedback Score

Question Can't install any apps or games signed or unsigned from "other" folder, web or pc

Hi,
    I have a brand new Sony Ericsson TM506 red.
    I have succesfully tethered it via USB to my computer and get good speeds
    on the 1.49 web day pass. I have SE PC Phone tools which works great for tethering. Pefect for intermittent web use which I do.

I want to install:
    Opera Mini
    Bolt
    Chess games
    free gps mapping apps
    and others

But I can't. So far, I have downloaded the games to pc and switched them via phone tools to the "other" folder, or I have installed them from the internet directly, I have tried all of the games and apps and browsers signed and unsigned software, all of the software has been reported here to work with the TM506. I have used the software which was said on each website (opera, bolt, google, getjar, mobile9) to work with my SE TM506.

I can get internet on the phone, I can get youtube on the phone's browser, I just can't install anything without the "invalid application" or other error messages showing up. They try to install, and then don't. SOme say "installed to memory card, how do you want to operate the file? " and the only choice is "view" Then, I look on memory card, and it's not there at all anyway.
    SO, then I delete alot of files from the "other" folder, and start al over again slowly--one by one.
    Same thing.
    I had a Samsung Gravity that I installed tons of games and apps on easily.
    What's up with my phone, or what am I doing wrong? Are my settings wrong?

Can someone walk me through this?

Thanks,
    Buxtum

Feedback Score
    I'm really not sure what's causing all of these apps not to install properly. That's not a typical experience with the TM-506.

My suggestion is to follow the debranding procedure in the wiki which should put the generic firmware onto the device. Once you do that, then all of the apps should install with no problem. And you'll even get Google Maps that will work directly with the phone's GPS.

Carrier(s)
    T Mobile Pre-paid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the fast reply. I took a picture, and looked at the advanced information in it on my computer--I think my firmware is : R3DA030 do you suggest that i still follow the de -branding procedure? I followed your posts in that thread with that person who was hospitalised for a month, and she did it succesfully--so I see it works for some people. Also, in the wiki the a2 something file link is broken, and I found a few by search engine. Is there anything new this year I need to know about de -branding, if I need to do it? Also, I noticed that I can get captsmokey's portasl if I switch to internet connection/ T Zones GPRS . It was already set to internet connection/ TMobileUS GPRS before, and I couldn't access his portal then. I tried re insstalling all of the files recommended here for the TM506 in the new internet coinnection mode I found (the TZONES GPRS instead of the Tmobile US GPRS) and still no luck, but at least I can get to his modded downloads. Anyway, I don't think I will be needing much of his portal, and I see that it's going down anyway (though I appreciate it -- if you're there capt6 So, that's alot of information and questions. Thanks.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast