Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: New Place for TM506 Java Apps

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxtum View Post
    Also, in the wiki the a2 something file link is broken,
    The link to a2uploader in the Equinox Mod Wiki still works. I just tried. Yes, I would still recommend putting the generic firmware on. It should solve your issue of installing apps.

The first step of the debranding wiki involves tricking Sony Ericsson Update Service is to thinking your device is something else so that it puts the generic firmware on there.

I assume SEUS will still do this. If it doesn't, the files exist on topsony.com and I will can give you instructions on how to put the generic files on manually.

Carrier(s)
    T Mobile Pre-paid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks!
    O.k. I have put the generic firmware on. The first thing I noticed, since I followed all three instructions of the wiki (which include updating camera drivers) is that my video recorder won't record video now. I hit record, and it just stops. The picture taking still works.

The second thing is that the link at the beginning of this thread, all the way back to page 1 of S.D. 's fix for invalid application errors, doesn't work anymore.

I wonder where I can find all of these app fixes that used to be at that address?

But basically this is my first problem with the new firmware, and camera driver update: I can't record video.

~Buxtum

Feedback Score

But basically this is my first problem with the new firmware, and camera driver update: I can't record video.

~Buxtum
    When you're in video mode, go into options, where are you saving your videos at---the phone memory or the memory card? Obviously it's best to save to memory card as videos can fill up the phone memory quickly. What do you have Video Length set to also?

As for that site in the first page of the thread, it's probably been taken down. However SD's procedure is still in the post that he links to in that same post. Basically he edited the jad file to put in a tiny url which points to the full jar address. Then copied that modified jad file onto the phone and executed it from file manager. It would then go to the jar.

On the post is a zip file that he did which shows the edited jad for google mail. You can open it with notepad if you want to see where he added the tiny url.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...3#post12059453

Carrier(s)
    T Mobile Pre-paid
    Feedback Score
    Hi Jet,
    I checked, and:
    I'm saving the videos to memory card
    The Video size is set to normal.
    There is a 512 meg card in there which should at least record a millisecond of video, but still when I hit record--it just flips out of camera mode, and right into the main phone screen.
    I wonder if there is a way to uninstall the new camera drivers, since I was taking video when I got the phone?
    ======================================
    As for the updates on S.D.'s fixes, thank you I'll try these. You've been really helpful!
    ~Buxtum

Feedback Score
    The Video size is set to normal.
    There is a 512 meg card in there which should at least record a millisecond of video, but still when I hit record--it just flips out of camera mode, and right into the main phone screen.
    I wonder if there is a way to uninstall the new camera drivers, since I was taking video when I got the phone?
    The camera driver is added by copying the camdriver0.dat file to the phone. I don't remember if there was an original file by the same name in that directory. If so, you'd have to copy that original back in there and overwrite. If a file of the same name wasn't there before, you should just be able to delete it. You may have to do a master reset of the phone for the changes to take place once the file is deleted or overwritten.

I'm not sure the driver is what is causing it. Also try to save to phone memory to see if there's a problem with it saving on your memory card. Also try setting your video size from normal to the size for MMS and see if it will save videos to either phone memory or memory card.

I will try to see if I can find what driver file was in that directory in the original firmware or generic firmware.

Carrier(s)
    T Mobile Pre-paid
    Feedback Score
    Jet,
    Thanks for getting back to me. O.k. I have a 512 meg card in there now, but you're right. When I choose to download the video to phone--then it works. So, that had me thinking. How can I format my sd card within the phone? I looked and couldn't find a setting. Everytime I go to memory card memory I get a screen that says something like "nothing stored" or something like that. Then it immediately flips me back to the other choices besides phone memory. Maybe my 512 meg card is messed up (it came with the phone, slightly used phone) or needs to be formatted somehow.
    I'm able to get google maps and opera mini now, and every new thing that came with the phone (except the NAV thing, which probably requires a prescription or something, I get, "need to set your gprs settings first" but I get the apps.

I STIIIIILLL don't get any apps that I try to download though. Like simple chess from getjar. It gives me an error message after downloading. I would loe to have a repository of those shortened jad or jar URL's somebody has collected!!!
    Maybe that will work.
    Whose post should I trust to work to shorten them? Or is the tiny URL website?
    Lots of questions, no payback for you-- so thanks!
    Buxtum
    Also, I remember it was the same name file that I copied over: camdriver0.dat. so it was already named that within the phone. I have a 2 gig sd card I should try.

Feedback Score

I STIIIIILLL don't get any apps that I try to download though. Like simple chess from getjar.
    Ok, you can leave the camdriver0.dat as is. It wasn't the camera driver that was causing the problem in your video. The camdriver0 from the wiki does give slightly better photo results.

The phone does not take Micro SD cards, but Sony's proprietary micro m2 card. So your 2GB card would have to be an m2 for it to work.

If you have a micro m2 reader, you can hook it directly into your computer's USB port and format it that way. Or you can pick up one from ebay. Here's a 1GB that's being sold on ebay for $4 including shipping from New York:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1GB-Memory-Stick...item19c47177a7

In regards to the apps, use the post that I linked to. As the post says, get the jad file, edit it using notepad on your computer to change the url of the jar to a tiny url. Copy the jad to the phone. Go into the phone's file manager to execute it. It should then use the tiny url in the jad file to download the jar via the phone's data connection.

(I just read your original post. You may have had trouble installing some of these items if your memory card was faulty because you said you were trying to install them to your memory card. I don't recall having too many issues with getjar.)

And yes, the telenav program costs money, but the google maps that was installed with the generic firmware is free and uses the phone's GPS to update location instead of cell tower triangulation used by google maps that is downloaded from elsewhere.

Carrier(s)
    T Mobile Pre-paid
    Feedback Score
    Hi Jet!
    I found that out last night, when I tried to insert my sd card into the phone hehe. (looked closer and it said M2, and remembered that being mentioned in this forum, oh yeah M2!)
    Thankyou so much for the link to an M2 card.

1) I'm not downloading the games or apps to the card I have anyway I don't think, because sometimes they do download all the way to the "other" file on the phone's memory, where I try to install from there.

2) anyway, thanks for your help with the tiny url'ing of a game or app. I will look for the original instructions on that again in this forum. I see your instuctions here : "In regards to the apps, use the post that I linked to. As the post says, get the jad file, edit it using notepad on your computer to change the url of the jar to a tiny url. Copy the jad to the phone. Go into the phone's file manager to execute it."
    I will look for that post, it's probably back here in our conversation.

3)And yes, I love that google maps. It's pretty great for the very cheap price I pay for web on the phone. I like looking up strange things around me and see them on the phone as I pass them. "poodle" for instance. I was thinking what people were probably thinking 15 years ago: "How will I do without this?" "Why did I ever have to get lost in that cul de sac, having to urgently make a restroom stop?!?!"

It's so cool having the satellite if you want it, and the markings on the way are really well kept up. It does miss me by about 30 yards or more sometimes, with poor recetion especially. I think it relies on the tower at that point. You can tell I had a new toy? battery wears fast though with it.

Anyway, Opera Mini 4 that came with the mod works great. I love it. I will update it as soon as I know how. It's nice that it predicts my text style instead of having to constantly change from letters to numbers to symbols in the phone's browser.

4)I'm almost there now, I can feel it. Now to get an M2 and start loading up my phone! We're back to the topic of the thread at least--with mini url's and apps. too bad S.D.'s site not being there makes it a little off topic: "New Place For TM506 java Apps"

Thanks,
    buxtum

Feedback Score
    Hi Jet!

2) anyway, thanks for your help with the tiny url'ing of a game or app. I will look for the original instructions on that again in this forum.
    No need to look. S.D's post on how he did this is right here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...3#post12059453

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6