Thread: How to save Text Messages from an EnV2 on Verizon (to SD Card or PC)?

Feedback Score

Exclamation How to save Text Messages from an EnV2 on Verizon (to SD Card or PC)?

Hi all,

I'm looking for any means possible to off load text messages from an EnV2 (VX9100) HW Rev 1.1 on Verizon to either the on-board micro SD card or even download to PC via USB. I'm open to other means or suggestions, but should note that I don't have a plan that includes web access.

I found devices that can read a SIMs card and transfer the data and damn near got one until I was told that Verizon doesn't have SIMs cards in thier phones.

Feedback Score
    I would love to figure out how to do this too, but I need something a little more complicated. I'd love to be able to stash incoming and outgoing text messages on the SD card, and even even keep a log of incoming and outgoing calls for, lets just say, forensic purposes. Is this possible on LG phones, via a BREW app maybe?

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can use the free program Bitpim to download text messages from your phone to your computer.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuma80
    I would love to figure out how to do this too, but I need something a little more complicated. I'd love to be able to stash incoming and outgoing text messages on the SD card, and even even keep a log of incoming and outgoing calls for, lets just say, forensic purposes. Is this possible on LG phones, via a BREW app maybe?

Yuma80, That would be the ultimate, if you figure it out, let me know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.G
    You can use the free program Bitpim to download text messages from your phone to your computer.
    I have a copy of BitPim I used to use for my Razr V3c on Verizon, just to edit the contacts etc. I don't recall a "retrieve text msg" feature, but I'll look into it.

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trexmgd
    I have a copy of BitPim I used to use for my Razr V3c on Verizon, just to edit the contacts etc. I don't recall a "retrieve text msg" feature, but I'll look into it.
    Bitpim's Help Page

Make sure you're using the most current version of Bitpim

Feedback Score

Follow Up

BitPim did allow me to pull the SMS (and other info) from the phone (Thanks Steve G.) It pulls from the to and sent folders and exports them to bitpim in sortable columns. From there you can export the report as a text file.

Does anyone knows of a way to do something like Yuma80 suggested above? That would really be the ultimate and would even capture texts before they are erased.