Thread: CHEAPEST prepaid GSM in california?

Phone
    VX8100
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

CHEAPEST prepaid GSM in california?

I don't really care about the coverage, I'm looking for the absolute cheapest, best I can find is 10 cents a minute. I also wouldn't like my minutes expiring soon so that would help, but serious flat out, which is the bare bones cheapest per minute? (no extra stuff like $1 every time you use it...etc.)

Ok thats per minute wireless, What about which prepaid is cheapest for WIFI and DATA?

I just got an iphone, pwned and unlocked it and looking to use it for prepaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjackel
    I don't really care about the coverage, I'm looking for the absolute cheapest, best I can find is 10 cents a minute. I also wouldn't like my minutes expiring soon so that would help, but serious flat out, which is the bare bones cheapest per minute? (no extra stuff like $1 every time you use it...etc.)

Ok thats per minute wireless, What about which prepaid is cheapest for WIFI and DATA?

I just got an iphone, pwned and unlocked it and looking to use it for prepaid
    Have you looked at the handy Prepaid Comparison Chart
    http://www.cellguru.net/prepaid_compare.htm

Phone
    VX8100
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    woah, that's definitely a bookmark worthy link, thanks so much!

Phone
    Palm Pixi Plus (Page Plus)
    Carriers
    Page Plus,
    Feedback Score
    I don't really care about the coverage, I'm looking for the absolute cheapest,
    Since you don't care about coverage, a free phone without active service would be the cheapest.

You HAVE to care about coverage. Without coverage, the service is worthless. Personally, I'd pay 25 cpm for reliable coverage versus 1 cpm for no coverage.
    You either have coverage or you have Sprint native, you can't have both.

PAYG rules; contracts are for fools.

Phones
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Rogers SonyEricsson c510 (unlocked)
    Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB (unlocked)
    Carrier
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Just be aware that the above link is not all inclusive. There are quite a few GSM MVNOs that aren't on the list (like Tuyo, Red Pocket Mobile, etc.)

I e-mailed the person regarding these and it based on his response if the company doesn't have a coverage map, he is less likely to post the company specifics. Both Tuyo and Red Pocket Mobile don't have a coverage map on their respective websites although Tuyo uses the T-Mobile prepaid coverage map and Red Pocket Mobile uses the AT&T prepaid coverage map.
    Fido (monthly plan - personal/data): Novatel Wireless MC950D or Nokia CS-18

Fido (monthly): ZTE WF720 Wireless Home Phone

Rogers (pay as you go - Canadian prepaid): "Fido" Samsung Nexus-S

Rogers (monthly BIS data plan): Blackberry Q10 <- CANCELLED over Dispute

Lycamobile (US prepaid): Sony-Ericsson c510 or Sony-Ericsson w300i

T-Mobile (US prepaid): unlocked Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB or LG Nexus-4

Bell (tablet plan): LG Nexus-4

My Tech Blog

Phone
    Palm Pixi Plus (Page Plus)
    Carriers
    Page Plus,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo
    Tuyo uses the T-Mobile prepaid coverage map
    To clarify, Tuyo uses the non-roaming (native) portion of the T-Mobile prepaid coverage map.

Phones
    Note3, Note2, iiPad3, Nexus 5, Moto X,
    evo3d,gnex,atrix,e71,v3xx,s56
    Carrier
    vzw, att, tmo, RingPlus, lyca, tru, ekit
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo
    Just be aware that the above link is not all inclusive. There are quite a few GSM MVNOs that aren't on the list (like Tuyo, Red Pocket Mobile, etc.)

I e-mailed the person regarding these and it based on his response if the company doesn't have a coverage map, he is less likely to post the company specifics. Both Tuyo and Red Pocket Mobile don't have a coverage map on their respective websites although Tuyo uses the T-Mobile prepaid coverage map and Red Pocket Mobile uses the AT&T prepaid coverage map.
    How hard is it to provide a coverage map, or at least specifiy what it is? It's not rocket science! Missing information makes it difficult to keep current (I am not going to call them every week to see what changed). But if enough people ask me to add them I probably will.

Feedback Score
    Your welcome glad to help please post who you decided to be the provider of your prepaid service.