Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello Moto! Are you still there?

Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score

Hello Moto! Are you still there?

Where are ALL the motorolas going?

Yesterday I started a the "where did the Hint go" thread. Today I realized there are only 3 motorolas listed on USCC's website and the "new phones coming" thread did not have any listed either. Last week when I was in a corporate store, I asked the rep if there was a replacement for the Z6m coming anytime soon. The reply was "Most likely, No. I would not expect any new motorolas for awhile. Only LG's and Samsungs." What's happening to USCC and motorola?

Phones
    Samsung SGH-T999, Huawei Sonic 4G Hotspot
    Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-T999
    Huawei Sonic 4G Mobile Hotspot
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The W385 has been on the list for quite some time. It was there when my wife got her RAZR2, and hers is the original blue one. Although popular, I would think that its time is almost up. The VE20 hasn't been around for quite as long, but is also been there for some time. And it looks like the Q9c is only now offered in that lime color.

You're right. Last year, Motorola was awarded by USCC as their top vendor, and now it looks like they're getting kicked to the curb. I wonder if it has anything to do with the buyout of Alltel by Verizon. It was usually the case that US Cellular would get the same Motorola phones that were being picked up by Alltel, the USCC phone being an offshoot of the Alltel design.
    .:Rob Smith:.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999
    T-Mobile Sonic 4G Mobile Hotspot
    Acer Iconia A500 - Honeycomb 3.2
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Red

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    There was supposed to be a Motorola Evoke(Aka Q4 Halo) touch screen coming out but after testing and sending back several times US Cellular dropped it. Buggy software was the problem.
    Its a shame, I wish Motorola could get their software issues straightened out, because they still have the best reception bar none.
    Here'is a pic of the touchsreen:

http://www.unwiredview.com/2009/02/1...official-pics/
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Phones
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's QA4 Halo, not Q4, and yes, when I was testing it, the software was pretty buggy, but that was early on in its development. I would have thought that the problems would have been pretty much worked out prior to releasing the phone. I don't believe that it would have been an iPhone killer, but it would have been nice.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlm43
    Where are ALL the motorolas going?

Yesterday I started a the "where did the Hint go" thread. Today I realized there are only 3 motorolas listed on USCC's website and the "new phones coming" thread did not have any listed either. Last week when I was in a corporate store, I asked the rep if there was a replacement for the Z6m coming anytime soon. The reply was "Most likely, No. I would not expect any new motorolas for awhile. Only LG's and Samsungs." What's happening to USCC and motorola?
    The closest replacement for the ROKR would be the LG Rhythm. Even thought it is an LG it is the same type of phone as the ROKR, slider phone designed to play music.

Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cjordan93
    The closest replacement for the ROKR would be the LG Rhythm. Even thought it is an LG it is the same type of phone as the ROKR, slider phone designed to play music.
    My wife had the Rythm for 2 weeks and went back to her V3m. She said she wasn't that impressed and prefered the earpiece sound and reception of her Razr.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlm43
    My wife had the Rythm for 2 weeks and went back to her V3m. She said she wasn't that impressed and prefered the earpiece sound and reception of her Razr.

Bingo!! US Cellular should be looking at reception on some of their phones.
    Seems they are too hung up about some small software glitches.

Phones
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The "small software glitches" that I personally experienced on the Halo phone rendered it virtually unusable. Scrolling either vertically through menus, or horizontally on the Home screen was not very controllable, so you went either too far, or not far enough. Selection of menu items was inconsistent as well. At times, I thought that I would break the glass before I would get something selected, while at other times, I'd barely touch an icon and it would be activated. As there was no backup, such as a directional pad, it made for a quite unpleasant experience.

I have tested a number of Motorola phones, and I have to say that this was the first one that I hated from almost the instant I turned it on until the day it was removed from service. "Small software glitches" does not even begin to cover it! I was hoping that this phone was going to hit me like the A1200 Ming, but the QA4 was not even in the same league.

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    HTC One M8/LG G3/LG G Pad 7.0LTE/Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Nokia Lumia 635
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Motorola is having MAJOR financial problems, and has laid off a lot of employees, it doesn't surprise me to see this happening. They used to be leaders in cellular phones, now they are just average, and it shows.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rasmith3530
    The "small software glitches" that I personally experienced on the Halo phone rendered it virtually unusable. Scrolling either vertically through menus, or horizontally on the Home screen was not very controllable, so you went either too far, or not far enough. Selection of menu items was inconsistent as well. At times, I thought that I would break the glass before I would get something selected, while at other times, I'd barely touch an icon and it would be activated. As there was no backup, such as a directional pad, it made for a quite unpleasant experience.

I have tested a number of Motorola phones, and I have to say that this was the first one that I hated from almost the instant I turned it on until the day it was removed from service. "Small software glitches" does not even begin to cover it! I was hoping that this phone was going to hit me like the A1200 Ming, but the QA4 was not even in the same league.
    Actually I was referring to the stunt they pulled with the Hint.
    There were no known problems with them according to several sales reps I
    talked to and nothing on the net, yet they pull them??
    It just seems they are scrutinizing Motorola phones more than LG's or Samsungs that have problems.

IMO the Delve and UX260 shouldn't even be in US Cellular's lineup because of crappy reception and dropped calls.

Phones
    Wouldn't you like to know ;-)
    LG. Is there anything else??
    Wouldn't you like to know ;-)
    Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace3166
    Actually I was referring to the stunt they pulled with the Hint.
    There were no known problems with them according to several sales reps I
    talked to and nothing on the net, yet they pull them??
    It just seems they are scrutinizing Motorola phones more than LG's or Samsungs that have problems.

IMO the Delve and UX260 shouldn't even be in US Cellular's lineup because of crappy reception and dropped calls.

Yeah but if that were the case than back in the day the Motorola 260 series should never have been sold either because of there bad earpiece microphone and charging design..

Or for that matter the new Samsung 470 should not be sold either cause that phone is complete garbage for reception..

The best phone for reception is still the Nokias in the rural areas..
    If it's an LG I have used it at one point or another and maybe have even broken a few of them..
    Believe in Something Better.........

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    What are these devices? First and foremost, they are PHONES,
    Number 1 on the testing list should be reception.

I am not in a rural area, metro Milwaukee to be exact. The tower I pull off of is approx. 1 mile by air from my house. I cannot carry on a conversation in my house without dropping a call on any other phone but a Motorola.

I get better reception at a friend's place up in Necedah,WI which is in the middle of nowhere. That tower is approx. 4 miles away.

Phones
    a lot
    6265i
    nokia 8860
    Carrier
    none
    Feedback Score
    There will be a party at my house when they are all gone! The moto repair folder use to be 3 inches thick now it is just a few repairs out atm. .... Now the LG folder is an inch thick...
    hardees rules.

Feedback Score
    I've got a question about the Motorola VE20.
    Is there a way to make the songs become your ring tones? I have added the songs to the phone but don't see where you can choose them as ringers. Do they need to be in a midi type format?
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    The VE20 supports MP3 ringers, but like all Moto's, they have to be in the phone's memory, not on a card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast