Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will T-Mobile give me unlock codes?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Will T-Mobile give me unlock codes?

I'm not quite sure how that works. I've never requested an unlock code before. Do I just call and request them? Is there some magic word that I should use? Will they even give me 2 of them?
    I have a Blackberry 8320 that I would like to unlock, and a Motorola RIZR Z3 that I would also like to unlock. They have me in contract for the next 18 mos. Is there any reason they wouldn't give me the codes? I've been a good customer for at least the past 5 years.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Motorola V360
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tardman91
    I'm not quite sure how that works. I've never requested an unlock code before. Do I just call and request them? Is there some magic word that I should use? Will they even give me 2 of them?
    I have a Blackberry 8320 that I would like to unlock, and a Motorola RIZR Z3 that I would also like to unlock. They have me in contract for the next 18 mos. Is there any reason they wouldn't give me the codes? I've been a good customer for at least the past 5 years.
    A simple search would have given you the answer.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...obile_Handsets

Phones
    LG Dare
    G1
    Sony Ericsson 506
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kflan
    A simple search would have given you the answer.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...obile_Handsets
    That info is grossly inaccurate and this page needs to be removed. I'll post the real stuff later.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    They will give you one unlock code per line every 90 days providing your account is not past due. And the last 3 unlock codes they gave me after I just called and said "Can I have the subsidy unlock code?" I have learned to ask for subsidy code because if I just say unlock they give the last 4 of my phone number.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodville
    They will give you one unlock code per line every 90 days providing your account is not past due. And the last 3 unlock codes they gave me after I just called and said "Can I have the subsidy unlock code?" I have learned to ask for subsidy code because if I just say unlock they give the last 4 of my phone number.
    Close, but the real policy states:

1. You need to be a customer for 90 days
    2. You need to have owned the phone for 90 days (and show proof by the usage on your account- they can see what phone you use and when)

That is all.

I have gotten multiple unlock codes at the same time, 90 days on the account is really all they care about.

Carriers
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary

2. You need to have owned the phone for 90 days (and show proof by the usage on your account- they can see what phone you use and when)
    I am laughing!
    I got G1 and got unlock code from T-mobile on day 2, sold it on day 3!
    T-Mobile - the largest fake 4G network in Americas

HTC HD2 Speed on 3G/HSDPA

T-mobile 3G/H or Pharos 137

My broadband speed

My WM phone is the best GPS now, say good bye junk Andriod

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I believe it is 90 days as a customer with them. I have had my upgrades unlocked less than 90 days from buying it. Call 611 and you will get an email with unlock instructions. There used to be an email address to send requests but not anymore.

Phones
    LG Dare
    G1
    Sony Ericsson 506
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No's:

1. Sidekick, Nokia 2610P prepaid handset from Wal-Mart or Target.
    2. Phone bought from indirect dealer which was not used on the phone number the request in filed on. Give it three business days to show up if you have used it.
    3. Phone paid for at full retail price without recipt with matching identification from a ( you don't need a TMO account or to wait 90 days)
    4. You have a past due balance on a standard post paid account
    5. Standard individual account w/in 90 days - different rules for other account types, also special rules for Military.

There are two interpretations I've seen from TMO regarding the14 days buyers remorse. One is that you must wait 14+ (30+ in Cali) days from purchase date to unlock. The other is the phone line requesting the lock has been active for 14+ (30+cali) days. I go by the latter.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tardman91
    Just ask for the unlock code. Make sure they understand that you want the SIM unlock code and not the SIM PUK code. You can ask for an unlock code once every 90 days. They may make an exception for you, but the policy is every 90 days.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinot
    That info is grossly inaccurate and this page needs to be removed. I'll post the real stuff later.
    I can't see any information that is inaccurate. What do you see that's not right?

If you absolutely know that information needs to be changed why don't you be proactive and you make the change rather than complaining that it's not right. That's how a wiki works.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary

1. You need to be a customer for 90 days

That is all.

I have gotten multiple unlock codes at the same time, 90 days on the account is really all they care about.
    1 - True
    2 - Not true. I have gotten an unlock phone for a brand new phone more than once. And I 've gotten unlock codes for phones that have never been used on the phone number that I was using to get the unlock code.

I have never before heard of them giving you more than one code every 90 days per line.

Phones
    LG Dare
    G1
    Sony Ericsson 506
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom
    I can't see any information that is inaccurate. What do you see that's not right?

If you absolutely know that information needs to be changed why don't you be proactive and you make the change rather than complaining that it's not right. That's how a wiki works.
    Error by omissions, at the least.

F wiki, call your company.

I have enough to deal with. You're welcome for the help I do give, if you don't want it, say so.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The HoFo Wiki is a great source of info by members who have spent their time putting it in one location for reference so the same questions don't have to be answered over and over again. Thanks to those of us who have contributed our time to putting it together.

If someone is too busy to be civil, I for one will discount any so called "help" they offer.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinot
    Error by omissions, at the least.

F wiki, call your company.

I have enough to deal with. You're welcome for the help I do give, if you don't want it, say so.
    If you can't help then just be quiet. You're not being helpful at all.

Phones
    LG Dare
    G1
    Sony Ericsson 506
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carrolldf
    The HoFo Wiki is a great source of info by members who have spent their time putting it in one location for reference so the same questions don't have to be answered over and over again. Thanks to those of us who have contributed our time to putting it together.

If someone is too busy to be civil, I for one will discount any so called "help" they offer.

Which is awesome when the info is either inaccurate, incomplete or has changed with the company policy. I get to be the one who gets you, the ticked off customer who is so because he believes what he read on the internet. This creates a poor customer experience.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast