Thread: Have short codes been updated? Unconditional Call Forwarding

Phones
    T-Mobile Dash, Moto Krazr K1, T-Mobile MDA, Nokia 8801, Ipaq 6315, Moto Razr Black, Moto Razr Silver
    Siemens SL65, Motorola V66, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Nokia 6610, Siemens SL55, Nokia 8260
    Motorola V60i, Nokia 8860,Nokia 6160, Sony Z100, Digital Mirco TAC, NEC P900, OKI brief case phone
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Cellular-One, Ameritech
    Feedback Score

Have short codes been updated? Unconditional Call Forwarding

I noticed an issue with shortcodes a few weeks ago and haven't been able to resolve.

scenario

I have the unconditional call forwarding short code stored as a contact to easily forward all calls to another number, i have ben using it this way for years. Format **21*xxxxxxxxxx# where the x's represent the 10 digit number. and ##21# to cancel.

These have worked great for years.

As of a few weeks ago, my blackberry 8220 started giving me the following message "Supplementary service error:Status Error" in response to sending the code. I power cycled the phone. Same response. I put the sim in my KRZR. Similar response worded differently. I searched the internet and found nothing about a change to the code. I called customer care and was told the code changed to *72xxxxxxxxxx where the x's represent the 10 digit number. Great, simple enough answer. I will update the contacts and be back in business. I tried the code and the phone tries to dial it as though it is a regular number and responds with the recorded message "The call can not be completed as dialed..." so obviously CC sent me the wrong direction. I searched for *72 and only found reference for its use with the @home service. I have tried variations of the code such as **72*xxxxxxxxxx#, **21*+1xxxxxxxxxx# and *72+1xxxxxxxxxx to no avail. I was about to call customer care back and then thought I would run it by the real experts.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    UCF has been hosed for quite a while.

I noticed it about six months ago; I like this when I travel internationally as I will still get notified of voicemails and CAN LEAVE MY PHONE ON without getting charged for the double-tap.

About six months ago my phone started throwing up on it, whether I did it through the phone menu or through dialing it manually.

This MAY be an intentional act to prevent people from avoiding that "double tap" by other than shutting the phone off - if so, it sucks.

Phones
    iPhone
    House Phone with Rotary disk (1979)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile USA
    Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    the **21*10digit# works for me

Phones
    BB 9700
    Nokia 6301
    T-Mo MDA
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Weird...

Still works for me (at least *21*1nnnnnnn# does, as well as ##21#). Maybe it's limited to your specific market.

You list that you have an MDA. Have you tried doing it thru the MDA's screen (Menu->Options->Services)? I'm curious to see if that fails too...

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom
    Weird...

Still works for me (at least *21*1nnnnnnn# does, as well as ##21#). Maybe it's limited to your specific market. ...
    I think it is probably a Chicago market or regional switch thing. I believe that is where Karl is too.

It just worked fine for me in the SF area, and in fact my old 8290 shows a nice little forwarding arrow icon and gives me a status message of

Active:
    Voice
    Calls

when I turn it on and

Inactive:
    Voice
    Calls

when I turn it off.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Phones
    T-Mobile Dash, Moto Krazr K1, T-Mobile MDA, Nokia 8801, Ipaq 6315, Moto Razr Black, Moto Razr Silver
    Siemens SL65, Motorola V66, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Nokia 6610, Siemens SL55, Nokia 8260
    Motorola V60i, Nokia 8860,Nokia 6160, Sony Z100, Digital Mirco TAC, NEC P900, OKI brief case phone
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Cellular-One, Ameritech
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom
    Weird...

Still works for me (at least *21*1nnnnnnn# does, as well as ##21#). Maybe it's limited to your specific market.

You list that you have an MDA. Have you tried doing it thru the MDA's screen (Menu->Options->Services)? I'm curious to see if that fails too...

What is an MDA? Was that a WM device with a slide open keyboard. That must be 3 years ago. There is no room up there for me to update anymore...and I must have had 3 dozen phones since. I have another call in to T-Mobile. Supposedly they see a provisioning issue on their side but they won't know if they have fixed it for an hour. The rumor is they will call me back then.

By the way, I am in the Chicago Market.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Florida Gulf Coast here, and it doesn't work from either the phone's request screen nor by dialing it directly.

Phones
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Cellular-One, Ameritech
    Feedback Score
    So I picked up my girlfriends T-mobile phone and tried it. Worked perfectly. So it is provisioning on my account.