Phones
    LG Dare
    LG Voyager
    LG VX8100
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon Lemon policy

I current have a broken LG Voyager and was wondering if I could somehow get Verizon to give me a different make and model due to the lemon rule (perhaps the Versa). This is the 4th time the phone has broke in less than a year and I'm pretty sick of it. I was just wondering what to tell Verizon so they'll switch my phone. I've been a customer there for 10 years and I also have their landline service. Thanks

Phone
    iPhone 5 (64 GB) White
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I'm a new VZW customer as of 12/10/08 about 3 months ago. I went thru 4 defective Chocolate 3's. At the end the rep on the phone let me switch to the LG Versa provided that I pay the difference (of course, the Versa costs more than the Chocolate) 2 year agreement price. And my contract end date had to be reset. I don't know if you'll have a similar experience..call them and see what they say.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

the standard policy is 3 bad phones in 90 days and they offer a different model of their choice but its up to the stores discetion if and how much they veer from that policy
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Location? I don't need no stinking location!
    Phones
    Blackberry Curve (8530)
    Jawbone 2
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    There is no written "Lemon Policy" on handsets, so being heavy handed with this probably won't get you very far.

There are, however, customer service guidelines that reps and sups can follow for these types of situations. While I can't tell you what the policy is, I can suggest calling into customer service. Follow the 7 Things you should never say to a CSR and the 7 Things you should always say. Yes, this is on AARP's website, but these things can be golden for getting for you want from VZW (or any other company). I frequently review these whenever I need to call any business for assistance.
    Verizon iPhone pics!!! http://bit.ly/7JJSz8

Feedback Score
    Fairly similar recent thread that might be of some help as well: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1507352.

Phones
    VX9400
    VX8300
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CurGeorge8
    There is no written "Lemon Policy" on handsets, so being heavy handed with this probably won't get you very far.

There are, however, customer service guidelines that reps and sups can follow for these types of situations. While I can't tell you what the policy is, I can suggest calling into customer service. Follow the 7 Things you should never say to a CSR and the 7 Things you should always say. Yes, this is on AARP's website, but these things can be golden for getting for you want from VZW (or any other company). I frequently review these whenever I need to call any business for assistance.
    Great tips. I work in the field and this stuff is true. Customers that are calm and respectful will get what they are looking for quicker and probably a better deal than they were looking for.

Phones
    Nexus One
    Nexus One
    Samsung Focus
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Isn't there a "lemon law" or something that was passed in IL?

Phones
    A lot of them
    iPhone 5S with BBM Installed (AT&T)
    iPhone 5 (Sprint)
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Alltel converted to Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In Illinois it's still trying to get passed. Lisa Madigan was pushing for it before she got busy with Blago and getting him out of office.
    BlackBerry Pin: 7be6f3d8 New BBM App on iPhone 5S YAY!

Phones
    LG Dare
    LG Voyager
    LG VX8100
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainBikerMark
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

the standard policy is 3 bad phones in 90 days and they offer a different model of their choice but its up to the stores discetion if and how much they veer from that policy
    Yes I spoke with Verizon and thats exactly what they told me. They said I could get a phone of equal or lesser value to the Voyager or get a more expensive one and pay the difference. They're not sending it right away because they have to calling me back tomorrow to confirm that I paid my bill. I don't know what phone to get. I'm leaning towards the Versa but I don't like the keyboard attachment too much so I might just get something simple like the Sway. Any suggestions?

Phone
    G'zone Boulder
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CurGeorge8

Those guidelines are fantastic. Definitely good to follow. In particular, I like this one:

"Be specific and realistic about what you’re seeking."

You'd be surprised how far you'll get. My advice...decide the following:

What you want ultimately...the grand score, the max....A new LG Versa at no cost to you.

Then decide what you'll settle for. Perhaps a Versa where you pay the difference, or maybe a different model altogether. Be flexible.

If you've had several defective Voyagers in a row, you'll be entitled to a new handset of like make or model.

And be nice. It's okay to say you're frustrated, disappointed, etc. Just don't be angry.

Location? I don't need no stinking location!
    Phones
    Blackberry Curve (8530)
    Jawbone 2
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Storm: BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.75 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Also, keep in mind this may extend your contract or equipment eligibility for new equipment.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score

no it will not extend the contract but it will add 20 months to the NE2 date. the Versa can be used easily without the keyboard attachment . i read not so great reviews on the sway. id suggest either the versa or dare and which ever you choose remember it will extend your NE2 but not your contract

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainBikerMark

no it will not extend the contract but it will add 20 months to the NE2 date. the Versa can be used easily without the keyboard attachment . i read not so great reviews on the sway. id suggest either the versa or dare and which ever you choose remember it will extend your NE2 but not your contract
    Not just NE2, but basically equipment upgrade eligibility itself (which NE2 generally just goes along with in case of 2-year contracts).

Feedback Score
    What boggles me is how you are ending up with a "broken" phone for 4 or 5 consecutive times. What are you people doing to these phones? Is it a feature that's not working (bad call reception) or something physically wrong with it (key fell off)?