Thread: Springboard keeps crashing

Phone
    iPhone 3GS 16GB White
    Carrier
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score

Springboard keeps crashing

i'm jailbroken for a few weeks now, and recently my springboard keeps crashing and it goes into "safe mode" until i reset it. it happens sometimes up to 10 times per day!!! its getting ridiculously annoying. anyone know how to fix this problem?

Phone
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless™
    Feedback Score
    What Programs/Apps are you running?
    My Feedbacks:
    HowardForums | RedFlagDeals

Past Phones: Razer V3, K750, W810, 8801, K790a, N73, N95, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, BB 9000, BB 9700, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S II LTE

Phone
    iPhone 3GS 16GB White
    Carrier
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    intelliscreen, aptbackup, xgps, mim, iblacklist, lockdown, winterboard, emoji, sbsettings

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdawgg
    intelliscreen, aptbackup, xgps, mim, iblacklist, lockdown, winterboard, emoji, sbsettings
    i cant stand that program.

Phones
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black FW 2.2.1
    Mopary? what's mopary? Mopary is exposing yourself to a blindman.
    iPhone 3Gs 32GB Black, to be delivered June19th
    Feedback Score
    sound like a software conflict... intelliscreen is probably the culprit but many run intelliscreen without problems. remove a program at a time, or remove em all and install em one at a time and see how your phone does. its probably not any one app, its one app that doesn't agree with another

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pooya
    i cant stand that program.
    It's way better now than it was before...

Feedback Score
    I remember hearing some issues between iblacklist and intelliscreen.

If you use rockyourphone, disable intelliscreen and see if that fixes anything.
    If you don't use rockyourphone, you are probably running outdated intelliscreen version, or cracked version. Either way, buy / upgrade to the latest version, if you're going to keep using it.

Otherwise, try uninstalling iblacklist and other apps one at a time.

Phone
    iPhone 3GS 16GB White
    Carrier
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    So I removed intelliscreen this morning and it seems to be working fine so far. My trial was up anyway and I didn't think it was worth purchasing.

thanks guys

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Motorola V3i, V3, V600
    Motorola T720g, V60g
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i'm jailbroken for a few weeks now, and recently my springboard keeps crashing and it goes into "safe mode" until i reset it. it happens sometimes up to 10 times per day!!! its getting ridiculously annoying. anyone know how to fix this problem?
    Do you have the Cydia installer app, and if so, did you recently (as in, a few days ago) update it to version 1.0.2797-45? Supposedly/apparently that particular version has a fatal bug where certain programs (Rock Your Phone was listed but there may be others yet to be discovered) crash Springboard and put your phone into Safe Mode. Upgrading Cydia to version 1.0.2797-47 is supposed to fix the bug...
    Tony

Phones
    iPhone 3Gs 32g Black
    iPhone 3G 16g White
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My SB crashes at least 5 times a day. I have Tenius theme installed, Winterboard, SBS, BossPrefs, Wifi icon, 3g icon, It is driving me nuts.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G
    LG VX10000
    LG VX9800
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    my best bet is intelliscreen or some theme you have. my phone restarted a bunch with intelliscreen. to me, its an unnecessary (and poorly written) app. my friend had a dialer theme that caused his phone to reboot non stop. go figure. i say look at the processes running before the reboot and tick them off one by one

Phone
    iPhone 3GS 16GB White
    Carrier
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoh
    Do you have the Cydia installer app, and if so, did you recently (as in, a few days ago) update it to version 1.0.2797-45? Supposedly/apparently that particular version has a fatal bug where certain programs (Rock Your Phone was listed but there may be others yet to be discovered) crash Springboard and put your phone into Safe Mode. Upgrading Cydia to version 1.0.2797-47 is supposed to fix the bug...
    I actually upgraded to 47 right after i removed intelliscreen. sb hasn't crashed since so I don't know if it was from removing intelliscreen or upgrading cydia. but it seemed to have fixed it

Phones
    N95-2 (Backup and travel phone)
    iPhone 1st Gen(sold)
    K800i (old love)
    Feedback Score
    definately intelliscreen

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3G (In Pieces)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have v.-47 and I've been having a sad faced phone about 1-2 times per day, for a week. I've added some AppStore stuff, but nothing from Cydia (except for the required updates).

I guess I'll deal with it for now.
    I don't subscribe to threads. If you've got something to say to me, PM.

Phone
    IPHONE 4G 32GB
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I noticed tonight Snapture wasn't working and then Cydia stopped working - wouldn't even open.

I had been playing around with Intelliscreen during the day and had turned on the Performance boost. Once I unchecked this, Snapture and Cydia worked fine. I really thought I was going to have to restore my phone and then I came across this thread and saw how Intelliscreen seemed to be the cause.

I am very grateful for the search button and saved myself from going over the edge.