Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nokia Maps 3.0. Who else has given up?

Phones
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Nokia E63 Blue NAM
    Nokia 5800 NAM
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Once I got the thing installed (THAT is a tremendous pain in the butt, across several phones), I've actually been way happy with Maps 3.0, specifically in actual use. It now (finally) automatically changes the mode from day/night view, which is way handy, and the bookmark synching is a killer feature. I *think* the navigation has improved, too.

However, I still can't use it to search for stuff. I usually look it up in Google Maps Mobile, save as favorite, and then open Nokia Maps to navigate to it. I'm also glad that they finally brought back the Female UK voice. So sexy.

IMO, though, Nokia Maps has too much fluff that needs to go. The various views (seriously, terrain?) and other features are 'cool', but ultimately not really useful or value-adding. Their POI search is what's really holding it back, IMO, and needs to be fixed, pronto. Even if it *was* accurate (it's not), it's slow as molasses, compared to Google Maps Mobile.

Phone
    iphone 3gs
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    +1 for garmin. i used to want to purchase a stand alone gps unit, but this has honestly just as good, and even better (because i have my phone with me wherever i go/travel). it's honestly amazing, the only thing is that it's POI's are kinda weak, so i then use google maps to find the address and input it into garmin. amazing app. get a lock with my e71 in seconds, even inside my apt.

Phones
    Nokia E71-2 (grey)
    AT&T Tilt aka HTC TyTN II aka HTC Kaiser
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran
    There's a cool new feature that makes a straight line from A to B in Maps 3.0
    Too bad it hardly works. :/

Most of the fancy new features offer no way to return to the unadorned map view. Additionally, the route preview feature is incredibly dodgy - not only are the animations slow, but there isn't any real way to start navigating through that route.

Phones
    Nokia Lumia 925
    BH-703, BH-905i, BH-940
    Previous: 808 Pureview, N8, N97, N810, N82, N95, N90, N73, 6682, 3600
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by epicbiznus
    Too bad it hardly works. :/

Most of the fancy new features offer no way to return to the unadorned map view. Additionally, the route preview feature is incredibly dodgy - not only are the animations slow, but there isn't any real way to start navigating through that route.
    After you preview a route, press zero and you can start navigation.

Carriers
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aydc
    Try formatting the memery card and install maps 3.0 first, then download the maps. It should work that way.
    Nope tried that (and everything else). Same thing.

Screw it, gonna stick with GarminXT instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2