Thread: How do you Clean IMEI

Phone
    Blackberry 8350i
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score

How do you Clean IMEI

I am thinking of getting a i880. I have a 64k card. I have read I can put in the card and get it going as long as the imei is clean.

However after looking all over the forum I have not found a way to do this. So how do I do this?

Thanks again guys!

Phone
    Dunno... changes every week.
    Feedback Score
    The IMEI is considered clean if the previous owner did not have a balance left on his/her account and did not report the phone stolen. Either one will get the IMEI banned from the provider.

Basically if your buying a phone off eBay or such, you have to trust what the person says. In some cases they MIGHT give you the IMEI number so you can ask a provider if it's clean, but normally people don't do that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreBSD
    The IMEI is considered clean if the previous owner did not have a balance left on his/her account and did not report the phone stolen. Either one will get the IMEI banned from the provider.

Basically if your buying a phone off eBay or such, you have to trust what the person says. In some cases they MIGHT give you the IMEI number so you can ask a provider if it's clean, but normally people don't do that.
    Get it in writing from the seller that the IMEI is clean and phone has no balance, not stolen, no claims on phone etc... when purchasing make sure you qualify for PayPal buyer protection. Only use PayPal, pay for some sort of confirmation or traceable shipping method. If the phone arrives in a condition other than what was promised, file a dispute with eBay or PayPal after you contact the seller to dispute it.

Per usual, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. I have purchased phones off eBay and sold old phones on eBay when I no longer needed them. Generally a good way to get super deals. Just bought a old i710 for $10 with two chargers and all the materials. Works fine on Boost.

The way eBay has changed their policies, sellers have the disadvantage. I'm actually more leery as a seller than as a buyer. That is not a discussion for here, but know that as long as your not a fool about buying on eBay, you are usually okay.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you're looking on ebay, you could always ask the question of the buyer "Am I capable of starting service with this phone". If they answer yes, then they are telling you the IMEI is clean. If you have this in writing from the seller, you should be good in the case that you get the phone and the IMEI is blacklisted. There's always the iDen specific buy/sell/trade section here at Hofo too.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.