Phones
    Nokia 6650 Fold
    Sony Ericsson Z750
    LG CU400
    Carrier
    AT&T Orange
    Feedback Score

IMEI check with new AT&T phone

As you all know, I recently got a refurbished Nokia 6650 Fold through AT&T as a free upgrade. However, when I search for my IMEI number here:
    http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=imeinr

I get the error:
    "This IMEI number seems to be correct, but we do not have any information on this specific handset".

Is it possible that AT&T sold me a fake phone? Hopefully my 6650 Fold isn't fake. Overall, it doesn't seem to have any missing features.
    My phone history:
    Nokia 3620 (2005-2008)
    Nokia N75 (2008-2009)
    Nokia 6650 Fold (2009-future)

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Jazz

Is it possible that AT&T sold me a fake phone?
    Not likely of that happening from an At&t corporate store or from the At&t internet site.

More than likely the intenet site you used to search the IMEI # hasn't been updated with the IMEI series of your new phone. Remember that the site you linked is not owned or maintained by either A&t or Nokia. Either way, your phone would be covered under warranty and can be insured. Best advice is to keep all receipts and/or paper work related to the phone, write down the IMEI and SIM# for your records.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phones
    Nokia 6650 Fold
    Sony Ericsson Z750
    LG CU400
    Carrier
    AT&T Orange
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd
    Not likely of that happening from an At&t corporate store or from the At&t internet site.

More than likely the intenet site you used to search the IMEI # hasn't been updated with the IMEI series of your new phone. Remember that the site you linked is not owned or maintained by either A&t or Nokia. Either way, your phone would be covered under warranty and can be insured. Best advice is to keep all receipts and/or paper work related to the phone, write down the IMEI and SIM# for your records.
    Well, my phone is actually a refurb, however, it is quite possible that the IMEI number might have changed when the phone was refurbished. Unless AT&T actually sent me a brand new phone by mistake.

Also, I just called an AT&T rep and told him my IMEI, and he said that the IMEI does indeed match with the model of the phone (Nokia 6650 Fold) in AT&T's system.

Phones
    iPhone 3G S White 16GB
    Nokia N900
    Nokia N95-4, Nokia E71-2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No man, definitely not fake. My Touch Diamond doesnt come up in that search either.