Galaxy Tab 7.7 4G w/ VirginMobile 6gb Data
    Galaxy Note LTE w/ 6GB LTE Data with Rogers
    Carriers
    Tax in $41 Rogers Retention w/ 6GB LTE Data Plan and
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Angry Factory Recall All HTC Touch HD T8282

Recall all T8282!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Im a T8282 user here in Canada, if Im gonna stick to this model I need to live with out 3G speed and just settle for Edge. My question to HTC is why release this stupid T8282 model which is limited to 3G reception but then they also had the intention of making a T8285 version which has the 850 band 3G for North America + the 2100 band 3G for Europe and Asia? In my point of view HTC should recall the T8282 model and replace the hardware part that is responsible for the 3G reception to the ones that are in the T8285 model. All T8282 users bought the device in a premium price and should get premium features.

HTC is toying with their consumers and their main concern now is money, money and more money! This is also the same case with the HTC Touch Pro which also has a stupid specs with its 3G reception, compare it with HTC Fuze which they say is the North American version but if you look closely the HTC Fuze is far more superior in its 3G reception capabilities because it has (Damn!)Quadband in 3G/UMTS 850/900/1900/2100
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku3090226

This Fuze version is not a North American version but a Worldwide Version. This is also the same case with T8282 the stupid version compare to T8285 which is the Worldwide Version

They should have release the T8285 first to the world and gave the T8282 version to the cellphone networks in Europe/Asia.

Now they are doing it again with the Touch Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2. But still alot of people are falling to their trap, in these desperate times HTC doesnt even feel a slight kick in their concience.

My Shout is Recall all T8282 and hardware upgrade its 3G reception capability!!!

Phones
    htc Touch HD
    SE w810i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm picking up my T8285 from FedEx tomorrow.

...sorry, was that in poor taste?

In all seriousness though, if you don't like them don't buy their product. Money talks. I understand you already bought the T8282 but you can decide not to buy HTC in the future. A recall over this is laughable IMO.

Phones
    Galaxy Tab 7.7 4G w/ VirginMobile 6gb Data
    Galaxy Note LTE w/ 6GB LTE Data with Rogers
    Carriers
    Tax in $41 Rogers Retention w/ 6GB LTE Data Plan and
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You're saying that right now because its just now you knew about the Telstra version but if you got the HD before when it was freshly release, you'll have the same cry for sure. Money is not an issue here,I can buy a T8285 tomorrow if I want to. Its only because HTC is getting really comfortable screwing up their consumers with this stupid specs they're coming up to.

Now again my question is, why release a T8282 version which has stupid limited function and then all of a sudden release a T8285 which is worldwide compatible? HTC doesnt even let their consumers know that theres a T8285 for it not to spoil the sales of the T8282.

Phones
    htc Touch HD
    SE w810i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Of course I was being facetious but it's not like I haven't bought a bunch of other products with newer, better, sometimes cheaper ones coming out later. It's one of the disadvantages of being an early adopter, especially with electronics.

Phone
    Nokia N95-3
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rvnteck
    You're saying that right now because its just now you knew about the Telstra version but if you got the HD before when it was freshly release, you'll have the same cry for sure. Money is not an issue here,I can buy a T8285 tomorrow if I want to. Its only because HTC is getting really comfortable screwing up their consumers with this stupid specs they're coming up to.

Now again my question is, why release a T8282 version which has stupid limited function and then all of a sudden release a T8285 which is worldwide compatible? HTC doesnt even let their consumers know that theres a T8285 for it not to spoil the sales of the T8282.
    Its how every phone manufacturer releases phones. Europe and Asia gets it first, they have different bands than the rest of the world. Deal with it if you just couldn't wait to see if they will release a version compatible with your version of 3G. Calling for a recall of all phones for no reason other than you're an upset early adopter is ludicrous. I like how you've canvased every single message board related to HTC products looking to trade or pushing for this recall and you've gotten no real feedback other than calling you crazy.

Carriers
    fido/
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Because they know there are bound to be those that had to have a new phone yesterday and can't wait. So they can make a few extra $$$ from the unfortunates that buy early.

Phones
    Main Use: IPhone 5
    Former: T-Mobile Touch Pro 2, myTouch 3G Slide, Nexus S
    Former: HTC TyTN II, Qtek 9000, T-Mobile SDA, i-Mate Smartphone 2, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 3390
    Carrier
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can understand your frustration. However, it's unrealistic to expect a recall. Unfortunately, this is one of the risks you take when being one of the first to buy. Next time try to wait for the NA version to inevitably be released. I'm waiting for a carrier branded touch pro 2.
    CURRENT ITEMS FOR SALE:

My feedback thread

Phone
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Recall all Ford Mustangs!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Im a Mustang driver here in Canada, if Im gonna stick to this model I need to live with out Turbo-charged speed and just settle for regular V6. My question to Ford is why release this stupid Mustang V6 model which is limited to stock speed but then they also had the intention of making a Turbo-charged which has the turbo-charger and Cold-air intake? In my point of view Ford should recall the Mustang V6 model and replace the hardware part that is responsible for the turbo-charged speed to the ones that are in the Turbo-charged model. All Mustang V6 users bought the device in a premium price and should get premium features.

Ford is toying with their consumers and their main concern now is money, money and more money! This is also the same case with the stock Ford Focus which also has a stupid specs with its 4-cylinder speeds, compare it with Ford Focus RS which they say is the North American version but if you look closely the Ford Focus RS is far more superior in its top speed because it has a turbo-charger and stickers!

This Focus version is not a North American version but a Worldwide Version. This is also the same case with Mustang V6 the stupid version compare to Turbo-charged Mustang which is the Worldwide Version

They should have release the Turbo-Charged Mustang first to the world and gave the Mustang V6 version to the cellphone networks in Europe/Asia.

Now they are doing it again with the Ford Mondeo and Taurus. But still alot of people are falling to their trap, in these desperate times Ford doesnt even feel a slight kick in their concience.

My Shout is Recall all V6 Mustangs and hardware upgrade its engine!!!
    Here's another take on your complaint

Sounds silly this way, doesn't it?

Phones
    Nokia N95-4
    Iphone 3G
    HTC TP2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dub_c_
    I'm picking up my T8285 from FedEx tomorrow.

...sorry, was that in poor taste?

In all seriousness though, if you don't like them don't buy their product. Money talks. I understand you already bought the T8282 but you can decide not to buy HTC in the future. A recall over this is laughable IMO.
    Where did you buy it?
    stand up for something,
    or you will fall for anything!

Phones
    htc Touch HD
    SE w810i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^ I bought it on ebay from seller personaldigital9.

Phones
    Nokia N95-4
    Iphone 3G
    HTC TP2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    And from your listed phones I can see it arrived fine.

thanks for the tip....

Just one thing... since you are on Tmobile couldn't you have just gotten the 8282 and saved a few hundred dollars?

Phones
    htc Touch HD
    SE w810i
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I could have but I will be moving to AT&T soon. That's why I got the 8285.

Phones
    DoCoMo S0905iCS White, HTC Magic
    SE T650i, SE W760i, SE W980i
    HTC Touch HD T8285
    Carrier
    Rogers 3G
    Feedback Score
    i dont know why that person is complaining about limitations. there is no limitation on this phone. this phone was design for the europe and asia market that is why 3G doesnt work here. You were the one that couldnt wait until they make one with 850. dont think i just got the HD just now. i got the phone since it was release for over $1100cdn. and im very happy with the phone and yes i have a 3G data plan. i knew sooner or later HTC would make another version of HD. thats what all manufactures do. unless this is the first day you're buying phones.

SE: T200, T237, K750i/W800i, w900, K800i (x2), w300, w600, z710i/w710, M600i, W810i, K790a, W580, T650i, W760i, W980i
    Apple: iPhone 8GB (x3), iPhone 3G 16GB White
    HTC: TyTn II, Cruise, Touch HD (x3), G1, Magic
    DoCoMo: SE SO905iCS (x2)
    SoftBank: HTC X01HT (x2), Samsung 707SC, Sharp 904sh
    Nokia: N95 8GB, Nokia E71-2, Nokia N79-3

Heatware: marktang

Phone
    Iphone 4S iOS 5.1 R-sim 3 unlocked, Iphone 4 w/ iOS 5.01
    Carrier
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by |Blitzkrieg|
    Here's another take on your complaint

Sounds silly this way, doesn't it?
    +1
    Right on.

What a stupid rant from the OP.

I'm in Canada and bought the Telstra one.
    If anyone is to be blamed its the person for buying the T8282 knowing that it won't work in Canada on 3G.

Do you even know what a recall is?
    You want HTC to go out and remove all T8282's from around the world where it works properly on appropriate frequencies also.

Phones
    HTC HD2 (European unbraded)
    T-Mobile Touch Pro 2 - Sold
    BB 8900 Curve - Backup
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No one can Recall a product until it is harmful to the user or it does not perform the functions they claim it would.

So, which category would you want HTC to recall your THD.

Even I am using the non-3G version of the THD. I live in the US and I was so eager to lay my hands on this baby.. that i had to import it from Europe. I knew pretty well that this phone will not work on US 3G, even if it did, I am on T-Mobile, which does not support the band. So, I went ahead and bought it.

There is a BIG difference between what you wish for and what can actually happen.

I would advice you to change the Title of your thread, as it is very mis-leading. Just add "I want HTC to" at the beginning of the current thread titile.

A Wish changes Nothing... But a Decision changes Everything!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast