Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 3G
    iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

mail2web to google sync

Can someone please clear this up for me?

Currently, I have my Blackjack set up with Activesync, syncing my contacts and calendar through mail2web. Since they will no longer support free Activesync, I want to move all my contacts and calendar to Google Sync. What is the best way to move my information? If I turn off Activesync for mail2web, wouldn't that delete all the information I have on my phone?
    -=e=-

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    ATT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you are able to set up the exchange mailbox in Outlook you can simply export it to a PST file and than import into google
    Using Activesync with www.TheMessageCenter.com to sync iPhone.

Treo 650 > Treo 750 > BB 8830 > iPhone

Phones
    Nokia Lumia
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Samsung i730, HTC HD2
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    T-Mobile 2 Go Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qpid360
    Can someone please clear this up for me?

Currently, I have my Blackjack set up with Activesync, syncing my contacts and calendar through mail2web. Since they will no longer support free Activesync, I want to move all my contacts and calendar to Google Sync. What is the best way to move my information? If I turn off Activesync for mail2web, wouldn't that delete all the information I have on my phone?
    Yes. Assuming you don't also sync to Outlook on your desktop, you need to:

1) Backup the contacts/calendar info on the device (You'll nedd a third party utility for this. Most of the utilities here: http://pocketpccentral.net/smartphon...are/backup.htm offer a free trial for x# days- certainly long enough for you to migrate to Google.)

2) Delete the mail2web partnership (erasing the contacts and calendar from your device)

3) Create a GMail account for contacts and calendar (Or, if you already use GMail, log into Google Calendar and/or GMail contacts and clean out any old info you don't want to sync with the device and to prevent duplicates.)

4) Restore your contacts/calendar on the device from the backup

5) Set up the new Activesync account with Google and sync.

Everything should be fine at this point. Now, for bonus points, you can try to find a sync tool to sync Google Calendar/Contacts with whatever PIM program you use on your PC (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) and have wireless syncing between the PC and the device.
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011